Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
RLL4 Bugs & oversights
Managed to get tackled basically next to the sideline, played the ball on the sideline, but I wasn't out?
Play the ball
It must register where you land and then wait for the next play im assuming, bit of an oversight
(08-13-2017, 06:11 PM)bmadden Wrote: Managed to get tackled basically next to the sideline, played the ball on the sideline, but I wasn't out?
Play the ball
It must register where you land and then wait for the next play im assuming, bit of an oversight

Well the part of getting up to play the ball is right, you can infact be out of the field of play AFTER the tackle is completed to play the ball (if pushed out penalty, if taken out before tackle completed scrum). However the dummy half having his foot on the sideline is what should be a change of possession. I'd take it as the game registering the former aspect as still in play, making the sideline deemed not out.
1. Select nearest player doesn't always work as it selects the wrong players, sometimes a mile away from the ball, I did check the tutorial and yes at times it still selects players nowhere near the ball!

2. Too many forward passes,

3. Offside - AI leaves your players offside a lot, when you select another player it leaves the player you have deselected offside and doesn't move them back automatically.

4. Graphics look low res on Xbox1 and too bright despite Gamma settings adjusted, lighting looks terrible and static, its just a jpeg of a glow on the floodlight. Rugby League Live 3 seems to have better graphics

5. Punt controls are awful,  clumsy and slow, by the time you punt you always get tackled as it takes an age to punt the ball!. Punt needs to be fixed to be much more responsive and much quicker

6. Goal and Penalty Kicking - Bring back the kicking controls used in Rugby League Live 3 , why have they changed! the new kicking method is rubbish and clumsy in Rugby League Live 4

7. Players frequently drop the ball, last night it happened 5 times in one half of a game only!
This is a very minor issue, and one I am sure 99% of people won't care about, but I have noticed that the numbers on game clock shift as the time changes. Rather than staying stationary and the numbers changing, the whole thing shifts right/left as if it's not anchored to the scoreboard. It's also not aligned correctly in the box that surrounds it.
A couple issues that I'm sure have been brought up but for me they're just cosmetics.

Custom logos not appearing on uniforms in career mode.

Cloned Players in career e.g. I went into fanhub and removed Matulino from the Warriors and added him to Wests, started a new career and Matulino appeared on the field for both teams.

Field markings not showing on custom stadiums. I made a stadium and added a custom nrl logo myself which appeared in the match in casual mode but the Friday night footy markings didn't appear.

Just played a match in career and I did a big hit, Warriors spilled the ball then commentary went slowed and distorted.

One last thing is the massive spike in difficulty between rookie and amateur, last edition I played on pro and found it a good challenge as team form seemed to be a huge factor in career mode, but this time rookie is too easy and amateur is a bit more difficult than pro was in rll3.

All on PS4, at the moment for me at least I can't enjoy career mode just yet, but do love the scanned players and the awesome lighting effects, just these few things take me out of the moment.
Defensive tactics seem to stick throughout the game, if I drop back my wingers on Tackle 4, they'll be there for the next defensive set of the game unless I click the tactic again