Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RELEASED!! RLL3 Sliders, Gameplay Mod & Winfield Cup Update
Tough times for the code at the moment, so perhaps this may ease the pain somewhat. I don't know how many are still left playing RLL3, but perhaps a few may return to the fold with these mods. HUGE Thanks to Wouldy for his amazing brain, patience!!! and generous help. None of this could have been attempted without him!!! 
Finally after many years, we more or less have effective sliders for a Rugby League game. With this tool you can pretty much customise every aspect of the gameplay with a noticeable impact in-game. If you like to play open and fast you can set it up that way, with an emphasis on attack, or you can tighten things up and make it more of a grind. It has been very tricky and time consuming trying to get the balancing right on many aspects, as when you change one thing, it impacts on another. I still have not got it the way I want it, but ultimately its up to the end user to play around with the sliders to get it to the way they want it. The main emphasis on all of this was to bring individuality to the players, which was lacking in the vanilla version. Things were too random and you never really looked to a certain player to try to take advantage of their unique skill set. Thanks to being able to completely re-engineer the stats and perk system this is now possible with really terrific results. Props now have special boosts (via a Perk) for Driving in the tackle and hitting up the ball, so they are a terrific way to make good meters up the middle etc. Players speeds and now accurate to no more runaway props outsprinting ET. The Speed Perk has been replaced with a Break Tackle and Fend Perk for players such as Mal Meninga, Steve Renouf, Laurie Daley etc. The chance of breaking the line using these players is much higher than others. Also players with a high stats for tackling and stepping etc will receive bonus boosts for Big Hits and Evasion/stepping respectively. Ordinary players without these boosts and perks will not be able to do these special actions, so you have to look to your star players for the big plays etc. And best of all YOU control have much of a boost this is via the sliders. In terms of the AI and how they play, the biggest noticeable difference is in their increased ability to offload and draw and pass which is evident in the youtube video below. Please note the boosts and perks here were slightly over exaggerated, just to demonstrate their effect, but you can notice a big difference with players like Allan Langer, Steve Renouf, Mal Meninga. Only players with very high tackle stats (like Trevor Gillmeister) will be able to perform Big Hit tackles, as you will see in the video, he is the only one who pulls it off. 
The other big change was in the tackling system. On the bottom 3 difficulty levels there was a tackle assist value which meant that you had an advantage when making tackles, but if you chose a low tackle or an arm pin tackle it would always perform that type. The problem on the 2 highest levels was that this was set to zero and as a result the tackle outcomes were often completely random...i.e Performing an armpin when you selected a low tackle and vice versa. Now 99% of the time, the type of tackle is what you choose..which now adds a lot of strategy to the defending. You must be very careful is selecting what kind of tackle to use now, and actually pay attention to who you are tackling. Go high on Mal Meninga and most likely, if your timing is not good, he will fend or shrug you off. Similarly going low on Brad Fittler, he will step/evade you. Going low also means more offloads, and when the AI's confidence is high in the game, they can be almost impossible to defend against, esp playing the stronger teams. And again you can tweak all of these things via the slider etc. 
Drop balls are also another welcome addition to the game, which were practically non existent in the vanilla game. Be careful not to use the special skills via the right stick too often, as this increases the chances of a knock on or ball spill. In the video below, the drop balls were toned down, so there were not too many. Another thing I am really happy about is the ability to tweak the AI Conversion Kick %. In the default game on the higher levels, the AI rarely missed, as the value was set too high. Lowering this via the sliders now means they miss more often and sometimes even at close range. Sadly this didn't happen in the video, but its definitely there.
Apart from the ability to change the Players Attribute weights and AI Chance %'s, you can also change things like the heatmap values which determines how desperate the AI are in certain situations. Intercepts can be increased by certain values, as can the penalty chances for high tackles and holding the player down. AI Players will always try to improve the try scoring position rather than just running straight for the line. The actual gameplay running/player motion speed can be tweaked as I personally always found the default game to be too fast. Having it around 80% actually make it much harder, as the defence are on you quicker, you cant just pass to the winger as often to make easy metres and it harder to evade and run around the AI defence. You can also turn off some of the HUD graphics such as the kicking arrows, wind indicators etc which makes the kicking more challenging. You switch off the conversion kick swing meter too, which means you have no idea whether its going to land in the green or the red zone, which makes YOUR conversion kicks a little more nervous and unpredictable. Again these can all be tweaked and turned on/off. 
From a Visual point of view, the Lighting and shadow effects have been tweaked quite a bit, esp for the Dusk and Evening games. This is personal choice, but I feel the visuals look much better with the changes. There are also 2 new Broadcast Style Cameras, as you will see in the youtube video. One is standard and the other zooms our when you hold the pass button. 
This is just version 1 at this stage, so potentially more things will be added as they are discovered. At this stage it is only to be used in unison with the Winfield Cup mod, but I will try to make a generic one for those wanting to play with the current teams etc. I will release this later if their is demand for it. The 10 Season Winfield Cup Mod (1987-1996) has also received quite a facelift. New Jersey models and textures have been tweaked for more realistic colour balance. The main addition to the Winfield Cup Career mode is the mid week Tooheys Challenge knockout cup which runs during the system. This is based on the European Emerging Nations tournament. The only issue is that, there is only one slot for an International team, so you have to alternate between your Tooheys Challenge Club team and your selected International Four Nations team....but this is easily and automatically done via the Winfield Cup Tool. If you use the tool before each game to load the team specific graphics and sounds etc, all this will be done properly based on the where you are at during the season. All Finals fixture etc are now automatically played at the SFS using the tool. Many Many other changes......
I will upload these over the next week and hope to have it rolled out by the coming weekend. In the meantime here is a video showing the gameplay. Unfortunately its not a true reflection of all the changes, esp as its an AI v AI match, but you can definitely notice a difference with players like Allan Langer, Mal Meninga and Steve Renouf.

Screens

[Image: Sliders.jpg]
[Image: Winfield-Tool.jpg]
[Image: Stats2.jpg]
[Image: Stats1.jpg]
[Image: Tooheys.jpg]
[Image: New-Perks.jpg]

Download Links

1. Winfield Cup Mod 1.0. Open the RAR file and extract into your main RLL3 Directory. Most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby League Live 3

https://mega.nz/#!SGYwwKya!wnv4t_CcHLdlw..._2USRtfk5M

2. Commentary Bloset File. Open the RAR and copy the 1 file into your main RLL3 Directory. Most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby League Live 3

https://mega.nz/#!yTIgla7b!Xed_vNqa_rWMZ...DKkrigAMdU

3. Mods folder.  Open the RAR and extract into your RLL3  Save Directory. Most likely C:\Users\#yourpcname#\Documents\My Games\Rugby League Live 3.

https://mega.nz/#!nbYw1SrI!carK4xfSh5cJc...z0MRZnakZo

4. Update 1.1. Fixed a few things and added longer entrance cutscene & music. Open the RAR file and extract into your main RLL3 Directory. Most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby League Live 3. Make sure you delete the old folder called SOUNDS in the Winfield Cup Mod main folder.

https://mega.nz/#!OXwFFYgL!nqqDiKc8b0mEV...s05amhZyeE

5. Update 2.0. Sliders added to Customise Gameplay. Various Winfield Cup Additions and Improvements etc.  Open the RAR file and extract into your main RLL3 Directory. Most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby League Live 3.

https://mega.nz/file/v50X3bja#nm91uU4UoR...1trNx--Ol4

6. Updated Jerseys & Save File. Improved the Colour Scheme of the Jerseys etc. Open the RAR and extract into your RLL3  Save Directory. Most likely C:\Users\#yourpcname#\Documents\My Games\Rugby League Live 3.

https://mega.nz/file/ux9l1YLQ#5qftb5jmSu...VhL3hmg-pk

7. For those who just want the sliders for the current teams. Please download below.

https://mega.nz/file/jl9GlYDY#EWn_XbyjTA...cK2hN9PpJU

Tweaking Guide for Sliders (more to follow):
1) Hover the Mouse over each Label to find out what that Slider does. Still a work in progress.....
2) Be very careful adjusting the Running Speeds. If they are too close together or e.g Walk is Higher than Run, then the game will crash. 
3) It very hard to find the right balance with many things as adjusting one affects something else. For example, Lowering Ball Handling Weighting will result in more dropped ball, passes and intercepts, but the Drop Ball section also has an impact.
4) Sliders will only work for Legend Difficulty. 

Winfield Cup Notes
1) Added midweek Tooheys Challenge to the main career structure for seasons 88-96. For this to work properly you must run the Winfield Cup tool on a regular basis for the fixture and teams to properly update. You should generally be launching the game via the tool before every game anyway, for the proper graphics and sounds to update for each team. If you do this, then everything should work fine.
2) Managed to find a way to stop players stats from increasing over the course of the season. This was annoying as crap players would all of a sudden have a huge boosts in certain attributes and the whole balance was then out of whack. Now players just have their default attributes throughout the whole season.
3) Added a Tour Game against the GB Lions for the main team you select in career.
4) Finals Games now automatically play at the SFS
Hi Itchy, i still play this game and only on PC due to the mods Wouldy and yourself create and put together. I thank you guys for this and i'm really looking forward to seeing this update.

Just a quick question in regards to the try scoring music. In the last update i changed it to songs like we will rock you, the right time, simply the best etc but it only allows you pick 3 songs per team so essentially it means if 1 team scores 6 tries in the game you will hear the same song twice. Is there any way of changing this.
Also is there any way possible to be able a song at the end of the match after a victory or is this not possible as it wasn't written into the game in the first place.
(03-28-2020, 07:36 AM)knight1981 Wrote: Hi Itchy, i still play this game and only on PC due to the mods Wouldy and yourself create and put together. I thank you guys for this and i'm really looking forward to seeing this update.

Just a quick question in regards to the try scoring music. In the last update i changed it to songs like we will rock you, the right time, simply the best etc but it only allows you pick 3 songs per team so essentially it means if 1 team scores 6 tries in the game you will hear the same song twice. Is there any way of changing this.
Also is there any way possible to be able a song at the end of the match after a victory or is this not possible as it wasn't written into the game in the first place.

Hi Mate,

The try scoring songs (3 for home, 3 for away) are pretty random so there is no way to really change the way they trigger in game (they also sometimes kick in too late). Sadly there is no music or sound file for after the match. I'll try to get something uploaded this weekend. I have not been able to get the balancing right for the sliders, but I guess people can just play around and come up with the right settings for themselves.
(03-28-2020, 12:43 PM)Itchy Hram Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 07:36 AM)knight1981 Wrote: Hi Itchy, i still play this game and only on PC due to the mods Wouldy and yourself create and put together. I thank you guys for this and i'm really looking forward to seeing this update.

Hi Mate,

The try scoring songs (3 for home, 3 for away) are pretty random so there is no way to really change the way they trigger in game (they also sometimes kick in too late). Sadly there is no music or sound file for after the match. I'll try to get something uploaded this weekend. I have not been able to get the balancing right for the sliders, but I guess people can just play around and come up with the right settings for themselves.
Hi Mate, 

Any idea when this will be released? Really appreciate it - much prefer gameplay over graphics and for me even as a base game RLL3 was better than 4!
Looks sensational! Well done Itchy & Wouldy.

Would love to give it a go this weekend.

When is it going to be ready?

By the way - I'd be keen to make a donation to you blokes. Deserve something for the effort.
Hi Whitey,

The mod is already available. The one itchy is pointing out in this thread is just an update to the current one.
(04-03-2020, 06:34 PM)knight1981 Wrote: Hi Whitey,

The mod is already available. The one itchy is pointing out in this thread is just an update to the current one.

Ah yep I can see that, cheers Knight.
Embarrassing question.... can someone PLEASE do a screen recording video of how to install the mods from a clean/original version of the game. I'm on struggle street  Huh 

These wines aren't helping....

Appreciate anyone's assistance here.
Links now Added on first post.....
Hi Itchy,
Mods and Mods Folder both have FED000.sav. Which one do we put into the existing mods folder.
(04-13-2020, 04:18 PM)knight1981 Wrote: Hi Itchy,
Mods and Mods Folder both have FED000.sav. Which one do we put into the existing mods folder.

Use the one from the DL in point number 6. Should be the FED file in the main rar. Actually I forgot to add the updated cheerleader templates, so please redownload from the same link.