Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty Question / Advice
Hi everyone, first post on the forums in a while

I am loving AO Tennis 2, Big Ant thank you creating the best Tennis video game of all time, following the best cricket game of all time. You are doing me and sports video gaming more than proud, please continue making sports games because you guys rock

My question is surrounding diffculty, I am using no HUD indictors to assist me aiming the tennis ball, I like the game to look as close to real as possible so I disabled those. I am also using a camera which doesnt follow behind the user, camera is CLOSE

I feel I am able to easily beat Rookie but am struggling to win a game on Amateur, is there a way I can make Amateur easier? Or what can I do , to adapt to amateur, I feel I closer to it than Rookie. 

On rookie the ball doesnt go out at all so that is why I wanted Amateur 

Any advice would be hugely, appreciated

Thanks
(03-11-2020, 07:57 AM)Chris20000 Wrote: Hi everyone, first post on the forums in a while

I am loving AO Tennis 2, Big Ant thank you creating the best Tennis video game of all time, following the best cricket game of all time. You are doing me and sports video gaming more than proud, please continue making sports games because you guys rock

My question is surrounding diffculty, I am using no HUD indictors to assist me aiming the tennis ball, I like the game to look as close to real as possible so I disabled those. I am also using a camera which doesnt follow behind the user, camera is CLOSE

I feel I am able to easily beat Rookie but am struggling to win a game on Amateur, is there a way I can make Amateur easier? Or what can I do , to adapt to amateur, I feel I closer to it than Rookie. 

Thanks

That is what I thought as well. However, I play on Rookie (77 years old) and I've had at least one ball go out--unforced error.
(03-11-2020, 11:38 AM)ambizytl Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 07:57 AM)Chris20000 Wrote: Hi everyone, first post on the forums in a while

Thanks

That is what I thought as well. However, I play on Rookie (77 years old) and I've had at least one ball go out--unforced error.

Have you adjusted the ball speed as it pertains to the surface? I find it more difficult to play on clay as opposed to hard court because my settings are at the max for hard court and at about 80 speed on clay. Maybe try adjusting this to see if your point-of-contact timing is better while using the amateur difficulty. I currently play on Veteran mode and feel I still dominate on hard court. Not so much on clay.
(03-12-2020, 01:31 AM)Antisocial Norm Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 11:38 AM)ambizytl Wrote:

Thanks

Have you adjusted the ball speed as it pertains to the surface? I find it more difficult to play on clay as opposed to hard court because my settings are at the max for hard court and at about 80 speed on clay. Maybe try adjusting this to see if your point-of-contact timing is better while using the amateur difficulty. I currently play on Veteran mode and feel I still dominate on hard court. Not so much on clay.

I did but what are the best settings, I feel keeping the ball in is a big problem for me
To me, for hard court and grass, max game speed and max ball speed is ideal. I play on Vet mode so I'm not sure if these speeds differ depending on difficulty level. I'm still working the kinks in my game on clay. I think max game speed and 50 ball speed. But that may be way too slow. I'm still testing it.
I was making some improvements tonight, I started a career, although my creation of myself wasnt quite right it was the best I could do I felt.

Serving is an issue though I need a way on Amateur to give me some easy serve points via aces.