Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Season Winfield Cup Mod + Gameplay Tweaks
10 SEASON WINFIELD CUP MOD 1987 - 1996

1) Play any season from 1987 to 1996 with realistic player stats and team ratings for that specific year. For seasons 1987 to 1994 the proper Top 5 Finals format has been employed;
2) Each team from each season will have their proper Collar or V-Neck Style Jersey;
3 Each team will have their own unique Entrance music and crowd chants;
4) For each season, teams will have their own unique specific Ad Boards, Goal Posts, Cross Bars and field markings;
5) Graphics and signage for many stadiums have been updated. Some Stadiums have been recreated from others such as North Sydney Oval, Seagulls Stadium and Belmore. Not perfect, but good enough;
6) Season specific balls for each competition; 
7) Authentic Fixtures for each of the 10 seasons;
8) Updated Commentary for each player as well as in game music and FX;
9) A new Sweetfx Mod which works now in Windows 10.
10) All of the above will be driven by the Winfield Cup Launcher Tool (see screen below). With this tool you select the Year/Season, the home and away teams, match type (Reg Season or Finals) and it will update the game with the relevant graphics and files. It will then Launch the game automatically and only takes a few seconds.
11) You can copy over the Career files using the tool, but be careful not to overwrite a current season you are playing (the tool will warn you).
12) For each season, there is an Excel Spreadsheet with all the player and team information, so you can tweak players stats to adjust team rankings and performance. You can then import this into the game via Wouldy's Career editor, which is included in this download. 
13) On that note...a HUGE thanks to Wouldy for all his tools and assistance. None of this would be possible without his generous help and special skills.
14) Due to the gravity of the mod, there are likely to be some mistakes or bugs, so please report them here and I will fix them.

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS VIA LUA EDITING

1) All retro Jerseys which have a collar can now have the proper Heritage collar model which used to be limited to only 2 teams (Melb & Bris). Same for the v-neck
2) Sin Bins have been turned off for holding down the players in career. This was very annoying when the AI would often be reduced to 12 or even 11 men
3 Strips have been eradicated. 
4) Added the ability to choose 5 different types/colours of head strapping, so you can have e.g Paul Sironen with white strapping, Wayne Pearce with black and Benny Elias with green.
5) AI offload frequency has been increased. Before it didn't really seem to matter whether you chose arm pin or low tackle, but now there is more strategy to it and you have to be careful what you select. This has made a massive difference to the AI attack as they are much more dangerous with the second phase play.
6) Significantly reduced the amount of ball spills and knock ons from offloads, esp in the wet. This was a bug in the wet games where practically every offload would go to ground or subsequently get knocked on. It will only happen now if you are really poor/late on the timing etc. 
7) Grubber strength and trajectory has been tweaked so the results are a little more varied and unpredictable
8) Chip Distance, height and trajectory has been tweaked so its possible to chip and chase and regather a little more...still not perfect, but I think its slightly better.
9) AI Goalkicking has been tweaked so they miss more shots and even sitters now and again.
9) Automatic Tackling for your selected player has been reduced, so its more manual and harder to make a tackle. I managed to turn off AI automatic tackling, so you had to make every tackle yourself, but it switched it off for the opposing team too, so no joy there.
10) The diving tackle has been disabled. This is a bug in the game where every diving tackle was 100% effective and could be exploited. Would have preferred to have reduced its effectiveness, but have not been able to find the right file yet. 
11) Punt Kick distance has been slightly increased so kick will generally travel a little further.

[Image: Tool.jpg]

DOWNLOAD LINKS

1. Winfield Cup Mod 1.0. Open the RAR file and extract into your main RLL3 Directory. Most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby League Live 3

https://mega.nz/#!SGYwwKya!wnv4t_CcHLdlw..._2USRtfk5M

2. Commentary Bloset File. Open the RAR and copy the 1 file into your main RLL3 Directory. Most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby League Live 3

https://mega.nz/#!yTIgla7b!Xed_vNqa_rWMZ...DKkrigAMdU

3. Mods folder.  Open the RAR and extract into your RLL3  Save Directory. Most likely C:\Users\#yourpcname#\Documents\My Games\Rugby League Live 3

https://mega.nz/#!nbYw1SrI!carK4xfSh5cJc...z0MRZnakZo

4. Update 1.1. Fixed a few things and added longer entrance cutscene & music. Open the RAR file and extract into your main RLL3 Directory. Most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby League Live 3. Make sure you delete the old folder called SOUNDS in the Winfield Cup Mod main folder.

https://mega.nz/#!OXwFFYgL!nqqDiKc8b0mEV...s05amhZyeE

5. Update 1.2. Updated Launcher & Lua Scripts. Open the RAR file and extract into your main RLL3 Directory. Most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby League Live 3.

https://mega.nz/#!2CxlFSBY!mmcXv5nlWpDw-...hUmbayc3G0

Once you have copied over all the Files, run the Winfield Cup Launcher.exe, make your selections and Launch the game. The game will be updated with graphics and sounds for the home team selected, so its advisable to do this before each game you play.
These Winfield Cup Mods you have released in the past is the reason i still play this game. The stuff you guys do is amazing and i know some older players of yesteryear appreciate it too.

Good work
(09-08-2019, 09:36 PM)knight1981 Wrote: These Winfield Cup Mods you have released in the past is the reason i still play this game. The stuff you guys do is amazing and i know some older players of yesteryear appreciate it too.

Good work

Hi Itchy,

I'm getting an error message, when you go to the Winfield Cup Tool and pick your teams etc and select Launch Game which then automatically runs the bobsled tools i get an error message through it thay says

Hmm, something stuffed up
Error occurred, report it to wouldy

Full error is attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-09-2019, 01:01 AM)knight1981 Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 09:36 PM)knight1981 Wrote: These Winfield Cup Mods you have released in the past is the reason i still play this game. The stuff you guys do is amazing and i know some older players of yesteryear appreciate it too.

Good work

Hi Itchy,

I'm getting an error message, when you go to the Winfield Cup Tool and pick your teams etc and select Launch Game which then automatically runs the bobsled tools i get an error message through it thay says

Full error is attached

Try going to the main Install directory & run the Blobset tool separately and see if the same error is generated. What windows version do you have? Might need to run this past Wouldy if the error is still coming up. This was a special Blobset tool he made for this mod where it automatically runs and the launches the game, so not too sure what could be causing the error.

Good work

Hi Itchy,

Full error is attached.

Are you using Windows 7?

The problem would be trying to load the game after the blobset is created. Windows 7 steam registry key location might be different to Windows 10.
Nice work Itchy.
(09-09-2019, 01:16 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote:

Good work

Hi Itchy,

Full error is attached.

Are you using Windows 7?

The problem would be trying to load the game after the blobset is created. Windows 7 steam registry key location might be different to Windows 10.

Thanks Wouldy. I am using Windows 10 these days, but I did test this on another machine with windows 7 and it worked fine....but was 64 bit windows not 32. So not sure what the error might be....could it be possibly that the runtime files/.net framework are not installed properly?
(09-09-2019, 05:53 PM)Itchy Hram Wrote:

Good work

Hi Itchy,

Full error is attached.

Are you using Windows 7?

Thanks Wouldy. I am using Windows 10 these days, but I did test this on another machine with windows 7 and it worked fine....but was 64 bit windows not 32. So not sure what the error might be....could it be possibly that the runtime files/.net framework are not installed properly?

It would be this code becoming null and not get the location for some reason -

Code:
string steamLocation = Registry.GetValue(@"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam", "SteamPath", null).ToString().Replace(@"/", @"\");

I've updated the blobset tools with this -

Code:
       public static object getSteamLocation()
       {
           RegistryKey key;

if (Environment.Is64BitOperatingSystem)
               key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam", false);
           else
               key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam", false);

try
           {
               object value = key.GetValue("InstallPath", null);
               return value;
           }
           catch
           {
               return null;
           }
           finally
           {
               key.Close();
           }
       }

knight1981 just downlod the RLL3 Blobset Fix.zip and replace the both files in the "Winfield Cup Mod 1.0" folder and let know if it fixes it.

Attached Files
.zip   RLL3 Blobset Fix.zip (Size: 81.67 KB / Downloads: 2)
(09-09-2019, 08:24 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 05:53 PM)Itchy Hram Wrote:

Good work

Hi Itchy,

Full error is attached.

Are you using Windows 7?

It would be this code becoming null and not get the location for some reason -

Code:
string steamLocation = Registry.GetValue(@"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam", "SteamPath", null).ToString().Replace(@"/", @"\");

I've updated the blobset tools with this -

Code:
       public static object getSteamLocation()
       {
           RegistryKey key;

if (Environment.Is64BitOperatingSystem)
               key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam", false);
           else
               key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam", false);

try
           {
               object value = key.GetValue("InstallPath", null);
               return value;
           }
           catch
           {
               return null;
           }
           finally
           {
               key.Close();
           }
       }

knight1981 just downlod the RLL3 Blobset Fix.zip and replace the both files in the "Winfield Cup Mod 1.0" folder and let know if it fixes it.

Thanks Wouldy!
Sorry fellas. I'm away for work at the moment but as soon as I'm back on Friday night I will try your fix. Cheers