Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career Mode - error CE-34878-0
Hi guys,

I have a massive problem when playing career mode. During midway through the second year of coaching mode, when I try to move forward and click "Advance to Next Event" the game crashes and comes up with Error CE-34878-0. Even when I restart the console and the game, and even when I use all different teams, it happens every time. And it is always at the same time of the season - straight after recruitment opens in year 2. This means I cannot play career mode any further than that point which is frustrating.

Has anyone had this problem, and BA staff is there a fix to this annoying issue?

Cheers
Hey mate,

It’s a constant issue I have had, always after season 2 recruitment window opens. I haven’t narrowed down what makes it do it but I usually fiddle with the teams in various ways and seems to go away. Worst case scenario I share all my teams, delete them all and then download them again, that fixes it every time for sure
(08-10-2019, 08:28 PM)tstev92 Wrote: Hey mate,

It’s a constant issue I have had, always after season 2 recruitment window opens. I haven’t narrowed down what makes it do it but I usually fiddle with the teams in various ways and seems to go away. Worst case scenario I share all my teams, delete them all and then download them again, that fixes it every time for sure

Tried this on PC and it didn't work. Could play numerous seasons with default lineups but 2019 lineups still crash. If only the game had more support than 1 patch as usual
(08-10-2019, 08:28 PM)tstev92 Wrote: Hey mate,

Thanks for the suggestion mate but yeah sadly didn't work for me either. I even tried uninstalling and re downloading the game but that didn't work either. It's strange because it never happened with the original rosters so possibly it is something to do with updating rosters. Don't know why it happens at the same point of the game. Such a shame because it makes it unplayable.

Can't believe not one BA employee has any ideas and doesn't bother to respond. Their support and updating is shocking. If you're going to not give us another game for the foreseeable future, at least update the current one once a year or so.
What's worked for me and has helped me is that too many of the players are in different teams. If you have players in the Holden cup, intrust premierships and NRL squads at the same time, most likely the game will crash due to the fact that there are players holding up spots that otherwise would be regenerated.

1. Delete your custom players that you don't use or the duplicate custom players that you have.
2. Go to the fanhub - my players - and then filter through the competitions such as the holden cup, intrust premiership and you should see that there are several players that are there.
3. Note down the players and go to clubs - edit clubs - pick the team that has the players - then remove them from their rosters.

I'll be using Victor Radley as an example. He plays for the Roosters NRL squad and Holden Cup squad in my rosters.

Once I manually remove Victor Radley from the Holden Cup squad he will be only in the NRL squad. This fixes the crashing issues as there are no players that the game can get confused about.

4. If the holden cup squad or other team have less than 17 players you cannot remove players from their squads. What I suggest is adding someone from an international team so that they can fill out the squads then you can remove the player of your choice.
(08-29-2019, 02:29 PM)Klim Wrote: What's worked for me and has helped me is that too many of the players are in different teams. If you have players in the Holden cup, intrust premierships and NRL squads at the same time, most likely the game will crash due to the fact that there are players holding up spots that otherwise would be regenerated.

1. Delete your custom players that you don't use or the duplicate custom players that you have.
2. Go to the fanhub - my players - and then filter through the competitions such as the holden cup, intrust premiership and you should see that there are several players that are there.
3. Note down the players and go to clubs - edit clubs - pick the team that has the players - then remove them from their rosters.

I'll be using Victor Radley as an example. He plays for the Roosters NRL squad and Holden Cup squad in my rosters.

Once I manually remove Victor Radley from the Holden Cup squad he will be only in the NRL squad. This fixes the crashing issues as there are no players that the game can get confused about.

4. If the holden cup squad or other team have less than 17 players you cannot remove players from their squads. What I suggest is adding someone from an international team so that they can fill out the squads then you can remove the player of your choice.

Holy moly thanks heaps man! Don't want to jinx anything but I completed all of that and removed all the duplicate in QCUP, Holden Cup, NSWCup and SL, and it didn't crash in the usual spot it does. Will keep everyone updated but fingers crossed that is the fix. Thanks again, finally the game will be playable
How the heck did you play a season and a half in one day?
(09-03-2019, 10:11 PM)BDGS1935 Wrote: How the heck did you play a season and a half in one day?

No life? Hahaha nah I skipped forward and simulated to the point where it usually crashes to make sure that the fix worked. I wasn't going to play that entire season and a half just to find out that it didn't work.
I have no duplicates of players with every single roster updated yet it always crashes Jun 7th 2019. So annoying considering the endless hours of player/roster editing in the fan hub just for a short career mode when I should be able to play as long as I want.
Also worked for me on PC, had to go through basically all the juniour clubs and remove anyone over 70 rating as they were generally in the 2019 squads.