Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cricket 19 Bugs / Issues Thread
Here are a few problems that I've noticed with the Switch version. I understand a patch is coming but I have no idea if the following issues will be addressed:

1. Career mode. I'm playing as a batter only and I cannot assign some of my skill points. Perhaps I need increase my level? Anyway, moving to another tab, Bowling, Fielding etc. always causes the game to crash. Career mode could use a lot more hint text to explain its various features.

2. I have had freezes in the match results screen and one other crashes during game play. I've probably had half a dozen crashes in 3 or 4 hours. Forcing quit via Switch home button during a freeze shuts down the game and results in a crash error.

3. Very long loading times on the Switch. Not really a bug but it definitely detracts somewhat from the game, especially if you get bowled out quickly.

4. Jittery animations when fielders run for the ball. It probably doesn't affect game but it looks poor.

5. The player model doesn't always load on some of the menu screens. The head is there but not the body.

6. Sometimes the camera moves inside the player model when catching a ball during fielding.

Feel free to add your own issues / bugs etc.
I’m also on switch. Yep, the sluggish/jittery animations are very annoying. The actual gameplay is very good though.

Here’s some of the issues I’ve noticed:

- the surrounds of stadiums flash and strobe intermittently. Especially noticeable with trees - which regularly flash white. I’m mostly playing in Pro view - not sure if it happens so much in broadcast view.

- there’s problems with match stats and graphs. the wagon wheel doesn’t work - all shots are shown as going straight down the ground - and the ‘scoring areas’ doesn’t work at all.

- sometimes during DRS with Hawke-eye , when the ball tracking reaches ‘impact’, the ball flies off in a random direction

- in the custom umpire pages the navigation uses different buttons to the rest of the game.

- custom teams / players stats are wiped after a tournament/tour/series - I created a whole team of custom players, and every new series they are on 0 matches/stats

- I hate that batsmen running between wickets don’t slide their bat - they run to the crease, then put their bat down... the only workaround I have figured out is to dive. I’ve been run out quite a few times with what should’ve been an easy single.

- fielders chasing down a ball in the outfield are very glitchy in their animation.

- the groundsman when pushing off the covers is wearing a team shirt at first, then after a few seconds changes to his normal clothes.

- in pro view, the red circle around the ball when in the outfield is really hard to see. The circle is very thin, it’s hard to tell where the ball is.

- also in pro view when batting, the white pitch marker is indistinguishable from the colour of the pitch when the pitch is dry/lighter in colour. Would be great to have a small drop-shadow on the circle - or a different colour. It’s not so bad on a green pitch.
I have the xbox 0ne version and i have problems with the career mode, just being the batter i can play a full season for state side but when it comes to start playing the 50 over game it freezes and then crashes even after downloading the recent patch, it has happened at least 20 times so far and is very frustrating
I'm on ps4 and the downloading of get best teams in the community is not working.  

It says team has been downloaded but when you go in the roster still shows the default players.

I have posted on bigants Facebook page and sent them an email about this but have had no response.
I've just applied the first patch for the Switch the game crashed while I was in the stats screen.
In fact the crash is caused by trying to change the team filter in the stats screen. The game crashes immediately.
(06-03-2019, 11:53 PM)micgrech Wrote: I'm on ps4 and the downloading of get best teams in the community is not working.  

It says team has been downloaded but when you go in the roster still shows the default players.

I have posted on bigants Facebook page and sent them an email about this but have had no response.

This feature does not work currently. I've also reported it to Big Ant via and got a response that it would be passed on to the team for the next patch. It does seem that the Academy on Cricket 19 is rather clunky in places but at least it is a way of getting the actual teams on the game.
I've been playing both the XB1 and Switch versions. There are some inconsistencies / bug bears that I've noticed too across both platforms and wondered if anyone else noticed too? All I've done so far is career mode as a Rookie player, so starting at club cricket in England is where I've come across the following:

1. Why does each pitch played on always default to Grassy / Very soft / Slow wear? I know I can alter this manually, but don't like to "control" the conditions if this makes sense? Is this something that happens at county / international level as well? Could a "Random" option be added for these like other conditions such as the weather, etc?

2. Boundaries along the ground and 6's are difficult to hit. Outfields appear to be extremely slow. Despite hitting "Ideal" cover drives I'm not getting to the boundary. Two maybe three runs if I'm lucky. I have to risk going through the air if I want a 4 and again with an "Ideal" shot I can't clear the rope for a six. Is this because of a lack of power as a Rookie batsman? This is as an all rounder and number 3/4 batsman. Despite this, I'm having to rely on quick singles / 2's and averaging just under 30 with the bat after my first season, but would like to see my drives bounce across the ropes!

3. Weather. Yes, I came across a match where rain affected play which I really like! But even so, can this tie in with the actual on screen conditions? Seeing it rain while the skies are bright blue is weird! Surely there would be some cloud cover?

4. Overs remaining. This is mainly affected in the 3-day club matches. At one point, I'm trying to bat the day out with twenty overs remaining, but the day actually finishes 7 overs later! The next morning, it says there's 110 overs remaining for the day. This doesn't seem right, I thought each day is 90 overs?

5. Again, 3-day matches and unsuccessful run chases with wickets in hand in the final innings. Why do the fielding side get a win when surely it should be a tie?

Apart from these issues I'm facing I'm really enjoying this game, well done BA! But please do have a look at these problems ??
(06-08-2019, 11:29 PM)Nickov83 Wrote: 1. Why does each pitch played on always default to Grassy / Very soft / Slow wear? I know I can alter this manually, but don't like to "control" the conditions if this makes sense? Is this something that happens at county / international level as well? Could a "Random" option be added for these like other conditions such as the weather, etc?

2. Boundaries along the ground and 6's are difficult to hit.

3. Weather. Yes, I came across a match where rain affected play which I really like! But even so, can this tie in with the actual on screen conditions? Seeing it rain while the skies are bright blue is weird! Surely there would be some cloud cover?

4. Overs remaining. This is mainly affected in the 3-day club matches. At one point, I'm trying to bat the day out with twenty overs remaining, but the day actually finishes 7 overs later! The next morning, it says there's 110 overs remaining for the day. This doesn't seem right, I thought each day is 90 overs?

5. Again, 3-day matches and unsuccessful run chases with wickets in hand in the final innings. Why do the fielding side get a win when surely it should be a tie?

1. This is something I've asked for since release.

2. Playing as a rookie middle order batsman, I don't have too much trouble getting boundaries.

3. The weather system in BA's Cricket games has always been a bit off both graphically and implementation. When the game transitions into a rain delay everything happens so quickly, it's a bit jarring and hard to keep track of what's happening.

4. Domestic games do have more overs per day than tests which are 90. I questioned this in DBC 14 but soon found out they have it right. The minimum for Sheffield Shield is 96 per day usually working around 100. 110 is an odd number though but, it's what they have gone with.

5. It should be a draw at least as a tie would mean both teams finished on the exact same amount of runs. Perhaps this changes once you get out of club cricket, I haven't progressed that far to find out yet.

Plus

They really need to add an "import from academy" option when you start a rookie career. The main reasons being, if you start multiple careers with different positions and skills you don't want to be making a new player every time and more importantly, if you create a player on pc with game face, you can't actually use it in career.

And

The hit box for the bats is off, quite badly from time to time. Twisti3 has a video on YouTube, when he's batting he got bowled but, when he plays the replay the ball goes straight through the middle of the bat and hits the stumps. Later on when he is bowling, he bowls a Yorker which the batsman clearly plays over the top of and should be bowled (maybe), yet it gets hit and goes for 4. 

https://youtu.be/ONKyUcbUGpY

Skip to the 4 minutes and 10m 50s. Not the only time this has happened.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Thanks for your feedback theaxe. 

Sorry, I should've been clearer about point 2. It seems fine on Switch but I'm getting the slow outfield issue primarily on XB1. It's also worth noting that the AI on both sides also have the same issue!

In regards to point 4, I know what you're saying but when it says 20 overs left and the day finished seven overs or so later it seems a bit odd!