Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumours/speculation
Wicked Witch have announced use of the unreal engine for Afl evolution 2. Bigant are advertising for multiple roles with desirable criteria including experience with UE4. I believe in past BA have had there own game engine. Could we see BA making the penultimate game for the live series in RLL5? Utilising UE??
I would love to see Big Ant make another Rugby League game... Smile Hopefully we'll see them take it to the next level one day.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
We'd all love another league game! Let's hope it is a new game engine as RLL4 seriously sucked in my opinion
I’d love a Remaster Of RLL2 with visual and feature upgrades and all the new fan hub features and stadium tools, replays etc if it was going to cost less to do.

RLL2’s engine is the best in the series by a long shot, so many options on attack and defence felt good and looked good. Just add a dpad depth option for set plays to lessen intercept chances and I’d settle for that alone as much as I want bigger changes to defensive options because the game was fairly well balanced as is.
(05-13-2019, 11:58 AM)Radman Wrote: I’d love  a Remaster Of RLL2 with visual and feature upgrades and all the new fan hub features and stadium tools, replays  etc if it was going to cost less to do.

RLL2’s engine is the best in the series by a long shot, so many options on attack and defence felt good and looked good. Just add a dpad depth option for set plays to lessen intercept chances and I’d settle for that alone as much as I want bigger changes to defensive options because the game was fairly well balanced as is.

Just mash RLL2 and RLL4 together... and a bit of bling (I'm sure Cricket 19 has something to add to the mix...).

I don't ask much... LOL.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I personally found RLL2 a little...stiff, often referred to as on rails. I played the hell out of it though I firmly believe each iteration has been an improvement. Rll4 feels like the most 'complete' not sure if my favorite though.

Not sure what UE would do to impact gameplay but suspect we'd see a jump in graphic fidelity, particularly environments and lighting etc.

I hold out hope BA have another in them.

What happened to Ross on here anyhow? Is he still lurking atleast?
(05-13-2019, 08:14 PM)davies11 Wrote: I personally found RLL2 a little...stiff, often referred to as on rails. I played the hell out of it though I firmly believe each iteration has been an improvement. Rll4 feels like the most 'complete' not sure if my favorite though.

Not sure what UE would do to impact gameplay but suspect we'd see a jump in graphic fidelity, particularly environments and lighting etc.

The game had crazy depth watching good players utilise the plays in various ways was amazing. 

For me RLL4 was very incomplete sadly, missing features and generally untidy. Was a patch or two away from good to me. People liked it though so good for them I just generally got too frustrated with it too much so had to let it go for my own good. There’s something there to build on though if they want to keep building on it rather than start over again.

Time will tell.
(05-13-2019, 08:28 PM)Radman Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 08:14 PM)davies11 Wrote: I personally found RLL2 a little...stiff, often referred to as on rails. I played the hell out of it though I firmly believe each iteration has been an improvement. Rll4 feels like the most 'complete' not sure if my favorite though.

The game had crazy depth watching good players utilise the plays in various ways was amazing. 

For me RLL4 was very incomplete sadly, missing features and generally untidy. Was a patch or two away from good to me. People liked it though so good for them I just generally got too frustrated with it too much so had to let it go for my own good. There’s something there to build on though if they want to keep building on it rather than start over again.

Time will tell.

Must admit haven't played it in years kind of making me want to go fetch the ps3! I remember liking it.

I personally utilise customisation ALOT in sports games be it players/fighters, teams etc so rll4 with it's customisation  options plus stadium builder a dream I never expected to come true in a niche sports game like this has probably had me forgiving gameplay though I don't mind that at all

I am guilty of using sidestep to have my front rowers actually get some metres and most my backline is catch pass tries and grubbers in opp ten lol
I play RLL3 more than 4. 4 seems to be broken or unfinished. There is absolutely no space in that game. You can't even draw and pass. That is something that needs fixing!
RLL4 wasn't very well balanced. If there were 2 things I'd adjust they would be;

1) Ruck speed - Make the players animate to get up faster and play the ball, in RLL4 it was far too slow which allowed the defensive line to nearly always be well spread. Speed it up so those who don't control the ruck speed when tackling get punished for it.

2) More emphasis on Compressed and sliding defence - I've been on about this for years. Make the defending player have to use it to be more dominant defensively. If you don't use it then the attacking team should by rights be more dominant going forward. With faster play the balls also it would make defensive play need to be more guess reactive to compress and slide early in the middle third, left or right side allowing attacking teams to see your spacing and react to it depending on the situation creating more effective and realistic attacking chances. You want to see irregular spacing whether it be AI or player so you have targets on attack not just see a well spread line on Defence and have no real choice but to aim up at a single player and fend or step them without more players sliding or compressing to stop it. It's not fun to have to play this way all the time. I want to feel like I outsmarted my opponent tactically with great plays all over the field rather than just beat them with a well timed step or fend.

There's a whole heap more things I could and have added but these two mean the most from a gameplay perspective.