Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAP Defence 0
Long time since I've played or posted, but wanted to come back to RLL4 and play a bit during the off season.

I remember my biggest issue previously was I couldn't get a defensive rating for my rookie player in career, unless they were a forward. I thought surely this would be solved by big ant in a patch since, or someone would have found a workaround/fix somehow since I last played - but I can't even find any talk of it on these forums (search function sucks, to be fair)

Are we seriously still stuck having to play as a forward in BAP to be able to be any good and progress in career mode?  Dodgy
(01-21-2019, 08:06 PM)Priddo Wrote: Long time since I've played or posted, but wanted to come back to RLL4 and play a bit during the off season.

I remember my biggest issue previously was I couldn't get a defensive rating for my rookie player in career, unless they were a forward. I thought surely this would be solved by big ant in a patch since, or someone would have found a workaround/fix somehow since I last played - but I can't even find any talk of it on these forums (search function sucks, to be fair)

Are we seriously still stuck having to play as a forward in BAP to be able to be any good and progress in career mode?  Dodgy

Each position has certain things that contribute to the players OVR rating. The defensive skills are still extremely important as a back, however they do not contribute to the player OVR as it would bring a lot of the wingers down in the OVR ratings.
(01-22-2019, 08:12 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 08:06 PM)Priddo Wrote: Long time since I've played or posted, but wanted to come back to RLL4 and play a bit during the off season.

Each position has certain things that contribute to the players OVR rating. The defensive skills are still extremely important as a back, however they do not contribute to the player OVR as it would bring a lot of the wingers down in the OVR ratings.

Thanks for the info. I thought it was the reason why in previous careers at 5/8th I couldn't get a contract worth more than $50k despite improving attributes as much as I could. Maybe I just needed to play better instead  Big Grin
So I went and played a full season as 5/8th, start with a 59 OVR, ending up on 68, for the Wests Tigers. I won player of the year and peoples choice (though somehow not 5/8th of the year). We made the finals (and won the GF, but contracts came after week 1 of finals).

I expected at least for multiple Holden Cup/NSW Primership/Qld Cup teams to make decent offers (at least match my 100k I was on, if not a bit more).

My only offer in Australia was to stay at the Tigers holden cup team, for 50k. All other offers were higher (250-260k), but were to play in the league 1 in England. (I eventually took one of those). Is there a trick to getting teams to look at you as a good player in Australia? Should I reject all offers and hope more come?