Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of ‘outs’
Just reinstalled AO Tennis to see what’s changed and I still like it but now so many outs. It seems every point won or lost is determined by an out. It’s just so dominant that it makes the game unenjoyable.

I like to win or lose points on strategy and cleverness outsmarting the AI not just in outs.

I hope this can be fixed as it not only ruins the game but makes it unrealistic. There are outs in tennis but long rallies can be had too and the AI seems to regularly hit outs before I can have a decent rally or I hit one too.

It needs balancing and to have more strategy rather than just power tennis. But it’s still a good game.
(07-21-2018, 01:04 PM)Rooster Wrote: Just reinstalled AO Tennis to see what’s changed and I still like it but now so many outs. It seems every point won or lost is determined by an out. It’s just so dominant that it makes the game unenjoyable.

I like to win or lose points on strategy and cleverness outsmarting the AI not just in outs.

I hope this can be fixed as it not only ruins the game but makes it unrealistic. There are outs in tennis but long rallies can be had too and the AI seems to regularly hit outs before I can have a decent rally or I hit one too.

It needs balancing and to have more strategy rather than just power tennis. But it’s still a good game.

what difficulty do you play at? I've noticed recently that recent changes made the AI at higher difficulty levels make less unforced errors, which made my games have longer rallies and I've had to mix up my shots a lot more.

If you're the one who's getting a lot of unforced errors then you just simply need to get the timing down better. This game is afterall more simulation rather than arcade like virtua