Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ao update 29th june xbox one
Um wondering if any other xbox users have downloaded the 53mb update and had game physics go beyond silly,
eg. top spin button doing slice , ball moving sideways like there is  100 km cross wind, player not moving properly.

Blush
(06-29-2018, 10:43 AM)jkipsd Wrote: Um wondering if any other xbox users have downloaded the 53mb update and had game physics go beyond silly,
eg. top spin button doing slice , ball moving sideways like there is  100 km cross wind, player not moving properly.

Blush

5 points of feedback for Big Ant on this latest patch:

1)  They have sped up everything by x2 or x3 - still getting to grips with this but not bad.

2)  You have removed the serve aimer if one goes for the lines; I see why its done and its a good update but the delivery (how you did it) is amateurish. To the untrained new buyer of your game it will look like a glitch. Best to make it fade away stylishly or change color so it becomes transparent (from opaque) the closer one aims it near the line). Overall good update though, more fair.

3) Aggressive top spin shots are just fast slices now at times (some bug or weird improv which doesn't quite work). Please fix. Button mapping is off.

4) I had brought up a point about changing the audio file of the ball-strike (being hit) and its good to see you addressed it but the sound you have chosen now sounds muffled and off and you still don't get that smack sound. In facto on volleys its almost mute. The previous audio set, while more table tennis like, was better, sadly. 

a) Can your team take a look at this audio pack and extract the necessary sounds for the ball-strike? https://audiojungle.net/item/tennis-game...?s_rank=27 Failing that watch/hear this video from 1m on, you can hear the "whap" and "smack" really well in these real life tennis rallies. https://youtu.be/WfC-emefR-8 Please use these for reference.

b) A general point on audio; the ball should echo/resonate when players are indoors. TS4 had a plugin they used in their engine that added this automatically. Some sort of dynamic ambience so you are using the same sound files but just applying a filter on it depending on which court it is. Also would it make sense for audience to scream out once in a while the name of the player like "Vamos Rafa" "Allleeeez"? More atmosphere plz

5) Remove Djokovic. Yes he is a community created player but really? His overpowered drive volleys just make the game into a giant arcady glitch. He is used and abused by the likes of Pop Devil and Bolex (incidentally both these cheesers are no.1 and no.3 respectively)

6) Wishlist for next patches (no rush): 

a) ability to change ball color
b) ability to create grotesque characters who are 3 meters all, 500kg or 50 cm tall and 30 lbs (midget vs midget or david vs goliath scenarios make it humourous and increase life factor of game). You can just extend the boundaries in the player editor.
c) Confidence meter: If one has a streak of 5 winning points, one is on 'fire' and all shots are over powered, super accurate and nuts. The streak ends the moment one loses a point. Just worth considering.
d) Add a Sampras style jump smash.
e) Add a Sampras mo-cap for his iconic forehand and serve so players can unlock it in career mode. If you need his rights, just contact his brother Gus Sampras who is his manager [email protected] - they probably won't charge anything and will be thrilled to be featured in the game.
f) Boris Becker is bankrupt you may have heard. He will do anything for a bit of money. For $1-2k tops he can do probably an an entire series of commentator phrases that you guys can bring in and people can activate him as commentator. He is a legend and adding him instead of the usual Johnny Mac (who appears in any and every tennis game), would bring an element of uniqueness. Maybe both him and Sampras to do commentary. Or what about your country men Rafter and Philippusis?

thanks
Hi jkipsd and krasimir,

Our major changes to add ball swerve was released in PS4 patch 1.27, we have since not made adjustments in this area.

Is it possible that either of you have increased the ball speed setting in gameplay modifiers? It's worth checking this in the gameplay modifiers options in the pause menu as if the value is high then the ball will move around faster.
(06-29-2018, 06:19 PM)HBK619 Wrote: Hi jkipsd and krasimir,

Our major changes to add ball swerve was released in PS4 patch 1.27, we have since not made adjustments in this area.

Is it possible that either of you have increased the ball speed setting in gameplay modifiers? It's worth checking this in the gameplay modifiers options in the pause menu as if the value is high then the ball will move around faster.

hi HBK, i have updated my feedback above after playing the new update a bit more. Please check. (regarding ball swerve, I have not noticed anything different in this patch)

no I have updated all patches and the issue started after a update of 53mb this morning,

the issue is there is some strange glitch that turns top spin shots in slices that move unaturally and bounce excessively.

I have not needed to modify for several patches, but this is a function glitch that is changing top spin shots to weird slice shots.

this is the closest I have seen this game look like TWT with strange movements and physics and glitches,

I have been so glad I play this game over TWT so can you please maybe look at going back to update 1.31 for xbox 1 until better patch can be done,

the game actually is not playable at the moment , and it is a little annoying to buy a game that works but then doesn't.
(06-29-2018, 11:06 PM)jkipsd Wrote:

no I have updated all patches and the issue started after a update of 53mb this morning,

the issue is there is some strange glitch that turns top spin shots in slices that move unaturally and bounce excessively.

I have not needed to modify for several patches, but this is a function glitch that is changing top spin shots to weird slice shots.

this is the closest I have seen this game look like TWT with strange movements and physics and glitches,

I have been so glad I play this game over TWT so can you please maybe look at going back to update 1.31 for xbox 1 until better patch can be done,

the game actually is not playable at the moment , and it is a little annoying to buy a game that works but then doesn't.

Hi Jk,

Are you experiencing this in career mode or online? IN career mode yes i see this weird physics too. Online the only error i am seeing is top spin shots become slices.

Can you do a video recording if possible and post here?
(06-30-2018, 12:37 AM)krasimir Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 11:06 PM)jkipsd Wrote:

Hi Jk,

Are you experiencing this in career mode or online? IN career mode yes i see this weird physics too. Online the only error i am seeing is top spin shots become slices.

Can you do a video recording if possible and post here?

I see it in career mode and online - the physics I was talking about relate to the top spin slice shots - so now that the top spin button sometimes does a slice , if you compare that slice to the normal slice button , it becomes clear that maybe this update was not meant to cause this issue and really should be fixed asap above any other issues on xbox 1.
I can confirm this is an ongoing issue. Most of my topspin shots that are hit with aggressive button turn to slices. Please check Big Ant.
I really cannot believe how bad the latest patch is. It was the greatest ever tennis game before the update. Now it's broken. The flat shot & top spin shot keep on acting as a spin shot & the sound of the ball hitting the raquet now sounds so weak. Every rally now feels like a warm up rally. I truly am devastated by all of this. I just can't understand why you would change it so drastically. Please go back to the previous patch.
(06-30-2018, 04:53 PM)The slithering pig Wrote: I really cannot believe how bad the latest patch is. It was the greatest ever tennis game before the update. Now it's broken. The flat shot & top spin shot keep on acting as a spin shot & the sound of the ball hitting the raquet now sounds so weak. Every rally now feels like a warm up rally. I truly am devastated by all of this. I just can't understand why you would change it so drastically. Please go back to the previous patch.

To be honest i do share your concerns above. The sound is so miserable but I have asked them to change it giving examples of a more pertinent sound set.

I think the slice shots is a glitch tbh and they will fix it. Overall it wasn't a great patch. Big Ant can you go back to the previous one please? This one seems rushed.

The server is inhibited by a blind spot if he goes for the lines, that one can manage and youve restricted their movement to half-way on the baseline when serving, also understandable but why can the returner hop up to service line when returning 220kmh serves like a f*** rabbit and not be punished for it? Cheesers are abusing this facility daily.