Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How's your career going?
I thought we could use the thread to discuss what is going on in your career mode.

I'm currently up to round 6, I've won 2 and lost 4 (professional difficulty). I'm using my beloved Panthers and decided to switch Lauchlan Coote to 5/8 considering his success after the switch in real life. Its worked well, he has kicked 2 40 20s for me and is playing well.

The sponsor had the target of winning 3 games in a row. I've won my last 2 so my next match against the Knights will be a big one.

Also just wanted to say I love this game. Well done Big Ant!
Haha I love this game and my career is going ok... I have to get the least points scored against me to get the bonus and at the moment in round 4 i have had 96 against me while some people are on like 30. so its gonna be tough the get that bonus and Im going to have to put alot of points on everyone to get it Tongue. And real quickly how to you win contests from bombs, thats how they score every single point... EVERY single point!
Add Me Xbox Live : SamboyTheChip.
[Image: card.png]
(10-12-2012, 09:40 AM)Samboyyz Wrote: Haha I love this game and my career is going ok... I have to get the least points scored against me to get the bonus and at the moment in round 4 i have had 96 against me while some people are on like 30. so its gonna be tough the get that bonus and Im going to have to put alot of points on everyone to get it Tongue. And real quickly how to you win contests from bombs, thats how they score every single point... EVERY single point!

For some reason - although I struggle with normal tackling (online games), I'm yet to struggle with the bombs... I've just been mashing the Y button (I'm on xbox..).
I'm also playing on professional and only have one win from four. I have lost 2 of those games in the last minute but am improving every game. If you make a mistake in the game, the AI makes you suffer and punishes you, so you have to always be focused.
NSW will actually win in 2014, right?
I'm about to start a new one with the doggies on professional... I started one on amateur (doh!) just to have a play around with it all, but I grew out of it pretty quickly (1 game! haha)
Hoops: Undoubtedly the whitest, least likely doggies supporter in all the lands!
3rd season Veteran with the Knights
Grand final in Both years
Minor Premiers in Both years
Injuries = Medium
Salary = Easy
Team as it stands

1 Boyd
2 McMan us
3 Josh Morris
4 K.Naigama
5 Uate
6 Thurston
7 Gidley
8 Mcquire
9 Buhrer
10 Snowden
11 Houston
12 Taia
13 O'Donnell
14 Mckendry
15 James Graham
16 Woods
17 Mullen

Reserves are

FBK - Mata'utia
Cen - Filipo, Whitchurch, Gagai, Jared Smith,
5/8 - Stig
1/2 - Roberts
HKR - Andy Sutherland
FrF - S.Anderson, Cuthbertson, D.Laurie, Edwards, M.Ioane, D.Gower, M.Taupau,
2rf - Costigan, Rochow, Sawene, Shillings, Tetevano, Wade, R.Mason,
Lock - E.Cook
Playing on Proffessional with the Eels lost in the Prelim. first season, signed Tariq Sims and Anthony Watmough in the off-season and now in the top 8 after about round 10. This game's awesome after some playing, really wish you could up the difficulty, make it like FIFA, where you can only increase the diifculty to stop cheating.

As playing a full 26 round competition means you adjust to the difficulty level so by the end if you make the finals you want to go up to Veteran but this would mean no new recruits as a new career would have to be started. Would this be hard to install in a patch?
PSN: DESTROYurDIGNITY
Players Selected in Rep Squad Season 3 are
Aus
Uate
Houston
Boyd
Gagai
McManus
Morris
Mullen
Thurston
Gidley
O'Donnell
Snowden

New zealand
Mckendry

Country
Houston
McMan us
Morris
Mullen
Gidley
O'Donnell
Snowden

City
Cuthbertson
Woods.

Arghhhh Im gunna be stuffed SOO time Especially given byes are for some reason after the SOO match Sad
Playing in my first season as the Panthers, and am 6 rounds in. I'm also playing at Professional difficulty. I didn't want to play as the Bulldogs, as I thought it would be fun to play with a team that was poor this year but have promise in their squad.

As has Second_Solution, I've moved Coote to 5/8. He has been one of my better performers and has also made a couple of 40/20s. Michael Gordon at Fullback has also been a star.

I'm doing terribly though. Have only won 1 game so far hahaha.

- In attack I'm fine.
- I can control the forced errors (Eg. Intercepts etc.)

My problem seems to be defense. I can go through instances in a game where I defend brilliantly, but then there are moments where I can't defend for my life. The other side seems to go completely out of control in attack where they become undefendable. Seeing how you other guys are going, this is clearly my own issue. LOL

There's been moments in the season where I've felt like I've been improving from week to week, and then I'll get creamed 60-12 the week later for poor defense. I've tried using different tackling types, tactics etc. in defense but can't seem to get it right. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.
(11-03-2012, 06:16 PM)Raysie Wrote: Playing in my first season as the Panthers, and am 6 rounds in. I'm also playing at Professional difficulty. I didn't want to play as the Bulldogs, as I thought it would be fun to play with a team that was poor this year but have promise in their squad.

As has Second_Solution, I've moved Coote to 5/8. He has been one of my better performers and has also made a couple of 40/20s. Michael Gordon at Fullback has also been a star.

I'm doing terribly though. Have only won 1 game so far hahaha.

- In attack I'm fine.
- I can control the forced errors (Eg. Intercepts etc.)

My problem seems to be defense. I can go through instances in a game where I defend brilliantly, but then there are moments where I can't defend for my life. The other side seems to go completely out of control in attack where they become undefendable. Seeing how you other guys are going, this is clearly my own issue. LOL

There's been moments in the season where I've felt like I've been improving from week to week, and then I'll get creamed 60-12 the week later for poor defense. I've tried using different tackling types, tactics etc. in defense but can't seem to get it right. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly, when defending and your opponent is in their own half, control your markers and try to use the diving tackle and cut them down (they usually play one-out). Also, are you holding them down enough? Because if you aren't they will get much faster play the balls and dominate. Once they are on attack I'd tackle them, hold down, then switch to a player in the defensive line and fly up in the face of the receiver and use a low tackle to drive them backwards. On the goal line you need to be anticipating the passes they will throw and really rushing up and holding down. on 4th they will often kick. Timing your tackles is everything too early or too late and they can fend you off. Not sure if if it happens to you but my AI throws a lot of inside balls after a cut out to the halfback from the ruck to try and exploit poor marker defence, to combat this jst chase the ball with the markers unless they really throw it wide as it means the AI can't throw it inside due to intercept chance and thus it is far easier to know what they are doing.
PSN: DESTROYurDIGNITY