New animation system
New control scheme 
Rebuilt stadia 
Brand new commentary script and team 
New presentations/cutscenes 
New player models 
Facial animation 
Built for "next" gen and ported current
I really just want significant improvements to franchise mode and to see the passing game fixed. These two things alone would make RLL4 a decent game
There are a couple of things I would like to see in terms of gameplay:
1. Gangtackles. At present tackles are set animations and it is so frustrating to watch the opposition force their way over to score a try whilst the player I am controlling just stands there unable to join in and help. I know this is hard to programme but Madden has had it for 10 years or so so maybe BA could implement it now.
2. The passing. Passing as it is now is not as bad as some people make out but it is frustrating that you never know whether the pass is going to be floaty or not which can make it hard to put a good passing move together. I would like to option to be able to chose between a flat bullet pass or a standard more floaty pass.

In Terms of Career Mode I would like to see the below changes:
1. Stamina. I would like stamina to be carried over from 1 game to the next. If a player plays a full 80 at hooker on a Sunday there is no way he could be 100% recovered by his next game on the Friday. This will add another level of depth to squad selection.
2. Player Progression and REgression. At the moment players just seem to progress right the way until they retire, we all know this is not accurate.
3. Transfers. Pretty much everyone has been asking for in season transfers since RLL1. Surely BA can add this???
In regards to your point on gang tackles, I think A minor change that could have made a big difference would be instead of having dpad compress and L2 control separately, put them together on L2 and not only that but maybe have it as a tackle button so players draw into the ball carrier together while holding the L2 button down. This way you get that proper compress and controlled multiple tackle option rather than the current situation where dpad compressing and using L2 together often isn't enough and players still fend, step and barge through regardless because you isolate yourself holding L2 and your team mates don't cover tackle at times. One of the benefits of this is it takes away another reason for having Ai assisted tackles.
(08-11-2018, 08:12 PM)Radman Wrote: In regards to your point on gang tackles, I think A minor change that could have made a big difference would be instead of having dpad compress and L2 control separately, put them together on L2 and not only that but maybe have it as a tackle button so players draw into the ball carrier together while holding the L2 button down. This way you get that proper compress and controlled multiple tackle option rather than the current situation where dpad compressing and using L2 together often isn't enough and players still fend, step and barge through regardless because you isolate yourself holding L2 and your team mates don't cover tackle at times. One of the benefits of this is it takes away another reason for having Ai assisted tackles.

That sounds like a great idea to me.
few more things to add to my previous list. I'm thinking most would be easy to implement in a new game without too much hard work:

RECRUITMENT

ask players who are old and of contract if they would consider retirement

Take out Holden cup and replace it with three non-playable but recruitable leagues: QLD U20's, NSW U20's and English academy. Have auto generated juniors pop up and you can recruit from there. Saves having random generated players popping everywhere with ridiculous stats like they do now. It keeps the game going as people retire

ELGIBILITY

Have it set that only players who are playing super league and NRL are eligible for state and tier 1 countries. Picking an origin squad should be cut down to 60-80 players not a few hundred.
Or players in the championship league shouldn't be able play for England

GAMEPLAY

Offloads have a chance to be intercepted and knocked on but not forward

Ability to select who takes the ball from the scrum be halfback or lock

More stats. Offload, 40/20's, linebreak assist and team total meres gained

Fix kicking stat: currently if the ball rolls into touch it doesn't count as kick metres

Cross field kicks: when in the opposition 20m turn the bomb button into to cross field kick. Once you press the kicking button the kicking director should point there straight away to make it easier to pull off but you would still have to aim to get a better result.

Contesting the kick: have a gauge like when kicking a conversion to determine the contest. The better placed the kick and the attacking player stat the easier it is to jump and put it down.

Bombing into the in goal: make the wingers contest the kick more than centres. Right now unless the kick is in the very corner the centre goes for it

CAREER

Better fixture layout for Super league. You can't see middle 8's so you can't tell the significance of the game that you are about to play and if it leads to promotion

Coaching mode you determine which reserve team your players play for
Bring back short quick offs
It would be nice to have
1. The Ankle Boots that half the players are wearing or even some licensed boots
2. Black Under armour,
3. better looking head gear...kayln pongas head gear is tighter to the skin
4. Different running styles... not every player striding in sync ... 
& Playing style options...i.e speedsters, forwards and halfs all carry the ball differently,... fifita and lodge run the ball similarly, james roberts and addo car run with shoulders up
5. different step and evasion styles, stepping techniques and fendings...
6. Unlockable Hall of Fame and legends/ immortals teams
7. extensive commentary team
8. mid season transfers
I'm very unlikely to purchase RLL5 if there are minimal improvements to franchise mode. I would like to see improvements in:

- recruitment improvements, mid year releases, improved integration with feeder clubs, player morale which can impact signings (this could be simple and be something like a high rated player being unhappy for being in the reserves or coming off the bench  the ultimate result would be them requesting a release) 

- coach hiring, we see every year a merry go round for coaches. Would love to see this be part of the RLL5 series. Ideally coaches would have stats/perks to provide further incentive for trying to sign a new coach

- improved progression and regression - regression is basically non-existent in the current game which ruins franchise after a few years  

- training plans which affect progression 

- improved stat tracking - including historical stats! 

- rookie scouting - something similar to FIFA where you can send a scout out and they bring you a list of potential rookie recruits. This players come through the ranks of U20 and NSW Cup

- better injury integration including training injuries

- SLIDERS FOR EVERYTHING! Both gameplay and franchise specific things such as injuries, recruitment difficulty and progression/regression rate

This is just to name a few, please try to hire a few of the guys that work on the rugby league manager series and let them help with building a revolutionary franchise mode for the rugby league live series
(05-19-2018, 02:30 AM)Radman Wrote: I've got a good idea that improves on the last defensive game idea I had in this thread so scrap that one lol.

This idea simplifies the above ideas further by removing the L2 function for controlled defensive movement and changing it to holding L1 and R1 to compress defence and changing L2 to select nearest player button.
Ok so I've broken down my last idea and come up with this more simpler far more user friendly idea.

To break it down it works like this.

L1 (hold)= Slide defensive line Right (left on screen.)
R1 (hold)= Slide defensive line Left (right on screen.)
L1 + R1 (hold)= Compress defensive line.
L1 + R1 -hold- + Down on Left Stick = Compress defensive line and advance line forward.
Hold L1 + Down or Up on Left Stick = advance or retreat Umbrella defence on right side defence (left on screen)
Hold R1 + Down or Up on Left Stick = advance or retreat umbrella defence on right side defence (right on screen)
L1 - Tap= select along the line left on screen
R1 - Tap= select along the line right on screen
L2 = Select closest player.
R2 = Sprint/perform defensive movement at faster speed or intensity. (Affects player fatigue)

So the idea from this is to give the player much easier to use controls but with greater depth and realism and to make sliding and compressed defence core requirements for good defence.

The core defensive movements could be done very simply with just the L1 and R1 buttons and with the left stick. Selecting along the line with L1 and R1 stays the same but the cool thing that can you could do is to tactically select along the line in anticipation of the next play and start compressing early in case of a quick play the ball. The highlighted player being the centre point of your defence. This also solves the problem where you want to cycle along the line and rush out of the line at speed with one player, you can do that still but also as a team or forward pack.

Tackling I feel should go back to the way it was in RLL2 with the reinclusion of ball strips and from RLL4 keeping ankle taps from slightly out of range dive tackles. On the attacking side I'd be adding back in the goosestep to down on right stick so we can all do the Ponga step but have it give a slight forward speed boost on down Right stick press. Smile

One of the key things I think can be achieved with this is taking as much of the AI assistance away as possible so all or most defensive control is player controlled. I think we can get as far as only needing the AI assist as an option for inexperienced players or for an easy mode.

Thinking about it now maybe holding L1 and R1 and pressing up on the left stick after a tackle is made can manually retreat your line?...leaves only really getting players to square up at marker, get onside and turn and chase line breaks as AI controlled needs. 

I guess a lot of these could be set up similar to FIFA as toggle assist on or off but I'd hate going up against someone online with assists all on so I'd make online ranked manual play only. Non ranked anything goes.

As for the tackling itself I'd go with this -

- Triangle= Dive/Legs tackle/ankle tap = Good tackle means player goes to ground quickly, bad tackle means goose step breaks tackle or player offloads as they go to ground.
- X= Waist tackle = good tackle means player driven back or to ground quickly, if only one in the tackle high chance of offload opportunity. Vulnerable to step in a one on one situation. Compressed defence highly effective.
- O= High/Wrap tackle = High wrap tackle, good for avoiding offload, risk of high tackle, risk of fend in one on one situation. Compressed defence highly effective.

Hold X or O= Draw nearest players to ball carrier into tackle. Rather than the odd situation with warping out of control tacklers this can be player controlled but at risk of creating gaps for offload run throughs. Reward is highly effective tackles, risk from using too much is players fatigue faster.

Speaking of fatigue I feel this should be made more noticeable in game without the need for thermal imaging so maybe players slow down more and maybe dropping off tackles, visual indications with players hands on knees or hips, holding different parts of body to indicate possible injuries that you can target on attack and line movements not in sync. Getting back the 10 a tad slower allowing for attack to get more of a roll on. Maybe even head knocks or full injuries can leave players lying on field as play continues until the immediate tackle is made and play is stopped. I'm not gonna go as far as have trainers or medical come out and assess the injury to determine what it is but it would be funny in a skippable cut scene.
Another thing that could be added to this that would give even more depth and control is adding the following options to Left and Right Dpad.

Dpad Left << = Hold <> Walk <> Run <> Sprint = >> Dpad Right

What I'm thinking is this would give you the freedom to control your defensive line movement and line speed for all movements. It would give you the ability to pick and choose how passive or aggressive you want your defence to be depending on what situations or pressure you are under on different parts of the field. Choosing hold or walk might be better for defending your line so you can focus on sliding and compressing. Run and sprint could be used if you want to umbrella wide out to try and stop a sweeping wide set play in its tracks. Also run and sprint if you want to get your forward pack up and in quickly and bash the opposition forward pack. But use it wisely as fatigue would set in quickly with overuse for long periods so this would bring in tactical use of speeds and interchange bench.