Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
MAJOR new patch for AO Tennis live!
Hi tennis fans!

There is a MAJOR new patch live for AO Tennis (Version 1.15), with the following patch notes:

- Added Tutorials
- Added new control and aiming systems
- Improved stamina system
- Improved Stability
- Improved and tuned AI

Let us know what you think! It's the biggest change to AO Tennis to date, so we hope you love it.
Hello,
First of all congratulations for this game.

We are a community of French players who are on the forum of jeuxvideo.com.

We are satisfied with the improvements you have made so far.

Unfortunately we do not understand this update.

players move almost exclusively in not hunted. And yes we have the impression that players tend to move alone.

Example: we move the player to the right of the shot the ball we want to send goes in the direction of the joystick so we must change at the last moment but suddenly the player goes away from the ball and more must be released the button at the time of typing.

We find the complex system.

Thanks.
Hi !

May be on our side it is necessary to lower the level of difficulty to relearn to play.

We have to tame the system. It is harder but offers more possibilities.

After we will see in legend on a higher rhythm.

Thank you.
The game takes a simulation orientation, the timing is even more important than before this patch

The real criticisms are:
the sensitivity during the strikes and also the displacements of the players who are a little heavy

But there are really good feelings, it can become a very good game with some corrections
Hi !
After more playing

-Player who goes alone to the net
-Player who stops playing in full exchange
-Sensitivity of the dosage, even with a good timing the ball comes out
-Review the trajectories of balls, it does not act as expected
-Receive the fluidity, the framerate was stable in the previous patch, in this one it was degraded
Can we get the stadium to look more dynamic? Tennis World Tour are doing a good job of it in its pre release with tennis personell not being static on the court, it's also more colorful. AO tennis can look a little dull at times.

I haven't played the new update yet, but ill put my thoughts together.

Some quick ones:
-Moment still needs to improve i feel there needs to be more frames added as the motions aren't smoothen out
-Refinement in the trajectories ( see Tennis Elbow video)
-The game needs to be a lot more smoother in general
-Adding running shots on the forehand and backhand
- Full stretch lob when the ball is out of reach and players are on the run in a rally and on great serves
Thanks everyone for the feedback to yesterday's patch so far. Obviously we made some big changes on the game and will continue to refine it further, but we wanted to steer things further towards the game offering a rich simulation of the sport, and this patch was a big step in that direction.

A couple of things that we recommend players with the patch look at - The new control system includes an aggressive shot, which is perfect for when you're ready to go for the big winner, but be careful, because the shot will also be more inaccurate if you don't time it correctly. The aggressive shot is R2+Circle (PS4) and RT+B (Xbox One).

We also recommend dropping the difficulty down a little while you get a feel for the new systems - we've definitely increased the difficulty of the game to keep players challenged at all skill levels.

Hope these tips help, and thanks again for the feedback!
(03-10-2018, 05:42 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Hi tennis fans!
Great to hear you released new patch . Did you fix the trophy issues I highlighted earlier in this new patch ?. 

There is a MAJOR new patch live for AO Tennis (Version 1.15), with the following patch notes:

- Added Tutorials
- Added new control and aiming systems
- Improved stamina system
- Improved Stability
- Improved and tuned AI

Let us know what you think! It's the biggest change to AO Tennis to date, so we hope you love it.
(03-11-2018, 03:03 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Thanks everyone for the feedback to yesterday's patch so far. Obviously we made some big changes on the game and will continue to refine it further, but we wanted to steer things further towards the game offering a rich simulation of the sport, and this patch was a big step in that direction.

A couple of things that we recommend players with the patch look at - The new control system includes an aggressive shot, which is perfect for when you're ready to go for the big winner, but be careful, because the shot will also be more inaccurate if you don't time it correctly. The aggressive shot is R2+Circle (PS4) and RT+B (Xbox One).

We also recommend dropping the difficulty down a little while you get a feel for the new systems - we've definitely increased the difficulty of the game to keep players challenged at all skill levels.

Hope these tips help, and thanks again for the feedback!

I've gotta say the game is looking at lot better since the last update. I think serving difficultly is perfect, this is someone who is coming of playing in legendary mode. Trajectories could be a little better especially for the kick serve and swinging serve.

I agree with sensitivity being a little too high for rallies for rally mode. It needs to adjust a bit more easier. It's more just fine tuning, i wouldn't recommend changing this too much.
Movement could improve a little bit more and footwork around the rallies.
-Please try to refine the movements and shots a little more.
I still find single handed backhand players doing double handed shots
frame rate stability improvements and improving the trajectories sometimes on the top spin forehand across court you want to angle the ball a little more.
-Improvements in the overall texture to the game and personnel (linemen and umpire being less static around the court)
- Overall presentation could also improve, maybe adding a confidence bar at the bottom.
-Tutorials could be added into career mode for in between tournaments so players can gain XP points in the practice drills.
- Not seeing much difference across difference surfaces

Overall this is a very good update, def the best one since the release. Almost feel like this can go worldwide soon. Overall, i think there are gains to be made in refinement.

Also i've noticed the game crashes quite a bit when playing. It crashed twice in 30 minutes of play.
hello Ishamari,

yes I play in legend. the problems we encounter are too sensitive and the shots do not go where you want including shots diagonally.

The player who stops during the exchange.

Receive fluidity, the framerate was stable in the previous patch.