Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cricket14.exe is treated as malware by symantec
Hi,

I bought DBC14 from steam couple of months back.
Suddenly now symantec in my pc started treating cricket14.exe as malware and keep on deleting this.
Can this be fixed.Can you guys change the name of exe to something different so that pirated and this can be differentiated.

Thanks
(02-08-2018, 05:56 AM)him_twr Wrote: Hi,

Suddenly now symantec in my pc started treating cricket14.exe as malware and keep on deleting this.
Can this be fixed.Can you guys change the name of exe to something different so that pirated and this can be differentiated.

Thanks

Just exclude that file from the virus scan. I don't use Norton but they all allow you to select files that will be excluded from scans and therefore not deleted. You will need to delete and re-download the game(disable your virus protection while you download.) Then go into your Norton program and exclude the exe file before you try to launch it.
(02-08-2018, 08:39 AM)Eyeman79 Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 05:56 AM)him_twr Wrote: Hi,

Thanks
Antivirus is not allowing me to put exceptions. Dont knwo why cricket14 being such an awesome game are not working to get this fixed. I searched net and lot many antivirus have cricket14.exe in their list.Cant they fix this in new patches so that legitimate users can download the fixed one rather then playing around with anti virus.

Just exclude that file from the virus scan. I don't use Norton but they all allow you to select files that will be excluded from scans and therefore not deleted. You will need to delete and re-download the game(disable your virus protection while you download.) Then go into your Norton program and exclude the exe file before you try to launch it.
(02-10-2018, 03:44 PM)him_twr Wrote: Thanks
Antivirus is not allowing me to put exceptions. Dont knwo why cricket14 being such an awesome game are not working to get this fixed. I searched net and lot many antivirus have cricket14.exe in their list.Cant they fix this in new patches so that legitimate users can download the fixed one rather then playing around with anti virus.

Big Ant won't be patching this as there are 2 newer versions available now, and you mustn't have played Forza Horizon 3 on pc, it was nothing but mucking around with your anti virus to get it running. Every anti virus has an exception list.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17