Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternate camera views are useless now
As a person who has close to 400 Hours on steam for this great title, and 500+ for RL3, I have only ever had good things to say about both. RLL4 is by far the best so far, and after all this time, I am still being suprised by the A.I, and the type of tries I score. BUT WHO in the hell worked on the new update's side view fix? PLEASE dont ever do it again Wink WHO ever was in charge of fixing the side camera issues, really stuffed it up, that or they need to go to specks-savers. THERE was absolutely nothing wrong with the angle that Side Balanced and side far had before. You could see the players and gaps, and it was great, maybe just needed to be zoomed a tad. NOW you cant see crap! Side balanced and side far is now totally unplayable. The only side option is Side Dynamic, and you need a Telescope to see the players on the far side of the field. That and the toggle players is still opposite in a couple of the side modes. You should have left the Side Balanced angle!!! The current views are shocking. AND nothing done what-so-ever to broadcast at all? still un playable because you cant see the oppositon, in either attack or defence, until you get over half way. Even broadcast on TV shows you both the defence and attack at the same time, along the whole length of the field! Please fix this, or allow us too choose our own, similar to what they did to the latest AFL title on steam. They had slide bars for all the aspects of the game, and even allowed you to set, and play, at your own camera angles. 

Great game otherwise, Folks! 
(02-01-2018, 05:21 PM)Foxtheaussie Wrote: As a person who has close to 400 Hours on steam for this great title, and 500+ for RL3, I have only ever had good things to say about both. RLL4 is by far the best so far, and after all this time, I am still being suprised by the A.I, and the type of tries I score. BUT WHO in the hell worked on the new update's side view fix? PLEASE dont ever do it again Wink WHO ever was in charge of fixing the side camera issues, really stuffed it up, that or they need to go to specks-savers. THERE was absolutely nothing wrong with the angle that Side Balanced and side far had before. You could see the players and gaps, and it was great, maybe just needed to be zoomed a tad. NOW you cant see crap! Side balanced and side far is now totally unplayable. The only side option is Side Dynamic, and you need a Telescope to see the players on the far side of the field. That and the toggle players is still opposite in a couple of the side modes. You should have left the Side Balanced angle!!! The current views are shocking. AND nothing done what-so-ever to broadcast at all? still un playable because you cant see the oppositon, in either attack or defence, until you get over half way. Even broadcast on TV shows you both the defence and attack at the same time, along the whole length of the field! Please fix this, or allow us too choose our own, similar to what they did to the latest AFL title on steam. They had slide bars for all the aspects of the game, and even allowed you to set, and play, at your own camera angles. 

Great game otherwise, Folks! 

Completely agree about the camera angles. I also have to use dynamic only now. I think they tried to fix how some of the stands and lights etc were getting in the road at times, but it's an odd and less useful fix alright. As for selecting players being reversed at times, yes that was reported well before the last patch came out on consoles a long time ago now.

Indeed, knew they had a prob with the player select before the patch, but now that I have to play Side dynamic, as that is the only side view that's actually playable, I have noticed that selecting defenders is still broken at times, as in opposite. Look all this matters little, but in the scheme of things, they must realise that some folks play with side cams only, and when they make a change to it, and its not even playable, its a bit much.
The game has been out a while now, and they should have left the side view as it were, if they felt they had to add to it , then add to it, dont change it and make it totally unplayable. I will put up some vids soon of how big a difference it is. ATleast they could have left the old setup, I was very comfortable with using it, and then just add the new angle as another option ( but it could not be used, its that bad). BUt to take the old one away completely. and then leave an absolute mess in its wake, is really really poor. PLEASE< for the sake of us side cam players, put it back to the old angle, and leave it be lads.....