Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To buy or not to buy
Wow so many conflicting opinions. A lot of respected posters here who don't seem to agree. I'm on the fence, maybe wait for a few more patches? What are the strong points vs the weaknesses? Is this more arcade or sim?(whatever that means in tennis) BA games are usually a little difficult for me so I usually start on Amateur, are there issues with this, are there sliders of any kind. Any suggestions?
(01-27-2018, 06:24 AM)Eyeman79 Wrote: Wow so many conflicting opinions. A lot of respected posters here who don't seem to agree. I'm on the fence, maybe wait for a few more patches? What are the strong points vs the weaknesses? Is this more arcade or sim?(whatever that means in tennis) BA games are usually a little difficult for me so I usually start on Amateur, are there issues with this, are there sliders of any kind. Any suggestions?

I think the lack of patch notes from BA is a sure sign that this game is currently still in the testing phase, using the AUS/NZ markets.

I wouldn’t spend a cent until they can at least be bothered with telling us what these patches actually do.

Shut up Robbie Farrah!
Well Radman and Axe's posts in the "My Review" thread (https://forum.bigant.com/showthread.php?tid=6055) come from different ends of the opinion on this game... but if one of them is seeing merit in this game then I'd be willing to give it a go myself.

Hopefully they'll both post a reply here Eyeman and answer some questions for you... best to gauge the opinion of someone who has spent some time with the game to get an informed and useful insight into the game. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(01-27-2018, 11:05 AM)Ruck Wrote: Well Radman and Axe's posts in the "My Review" thread (https://forum.bigant.com/showthread.php?tid=6055) come from different ends of the opinion on this game... but if one of them is seeing merit in this game then I'd be willing to give it a go myself.

Hopefully they'll both post a reply here Eyeman and answer some questions for you... best to gauge the opinion of someone who has spent some time with the game to get an informed and useful insight into the game. Smile

Yep ignore the online reviews, even the one which BA shared where the reviewer gave it 8.5, then 7 and now as he plays it more is considering dropping it to 6.

Just go off the few positive reviews, it’s only $79.

Shut up Robbie Farrah!
I always ignore the online reviews, except for the one or two that I trust (and even then the feedback given is considered... not considered final). When it's all said and done... I only rely on the one review that counts... Mine. Smile But you can let them make your mind up for you.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I prefer to get some info and listen to a range of opinions rather than blindly buying. But I guess when you get free copies it doesn’t matter.

Shut up Robbie Farrah!
You also seemingly prefer to not comprehend what you read if you are implying I blindly buy things.

My free copy (or copies as you assume) seems to have not arrived in my mailbox... feel free to remind Ross of my postal address. Smile Come to think of it... go get me a refund from my local EB Games for the previous games I have bought.
(01-27-2018, 03:44 PM)Ruck Wrote: You also seemingly prefer to not comprehend what you read if you are implying I blindly buy things.

My free copy (or copies as you assume) seems to have not arrived in my mailbox... feel free to remind Ross of my postal address. Smile Come to think of it... go get me a refund from my local EB Games for the previous games I have bought.

No I don't assume you blindly buy but it seems you just buy whatever BA puts out so you can make your own mind on whether you have flushed $99 down the toilet.

And seriously if BA are not throwing you a bone for moderating the forums then you are either too generous or they are too tight.

Have you played the game? What are your honest thoughts? 11/10?

Shut up Robbie Farrah!
(01-27-2018, 06:24 AM)Eyeman79 Wrote: Wow so many conflicting opinions. A lot of respected posters here who don't seem to agree. I'm on the fence, maybe wait for a few more patches? What are the strong points vs the weaknesses? Is this more arcade or sim?(whatever that means in tennis) BA games are usually a little difficult for me so I usually start on Amateur, are there issues with this, are there sliders of any kind. Any suggestions?

I'd say to wait for the international release of the game to see if any major improvements are made. I played the game at the Aus Open and it was very buggy and player movement clunky.