Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IGN review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1GqZAkRvy8

well hope the best for you tennis fans
up up cronulla
This kind of review has been coming for a while. First with League 4 and Ashes it was annoyances and minor broken controls and the like, things that make you care less about playing them, but they got away with them due to all the things that worked and reviewers didn't seem to be playing long enough to find the grating flaws.

This looks to have turned things into a slide with full on functionality breaks that even the reviewers can't ignore. They cannot patch this one fast enough or well enough for the part of the world it's released in. Actually, this will not give an enticing view to the AO brand worldwide when it is eventually released all over.

This is what I call guinea pig releasing at it's finest.

WOW that’s a slapping.

Wonder if they will bother to patch it or just leave it in the RLL4, DBC17 pile???

Shut up Robbie Farrah!
(01-18-2018, 07:26 PM)Colin the Cameraman Wrote: WOW that’s a slapping.

Wonder if they will bother to patch it or just leave it in the RLL4, DBC17 pile???

I don't know how it's pulling 4's and 5's to be honest; It should be taken off the shelves.
It's those corporate hacks Tru Blu turning the screws again. Oh wait...
(01-18-2018, 08:21 PM)KimmorleyKiller Wrote:

I don't know how it's pulling 4's and 5's to be honest; It should be taken off the shelves.

When I could plainly see in that review how the fundamental ability to hit the ball was impacted and the whole result of games could be ruined, I thought "surely by definition that's a broken game, look out for the score on this one".

I was thinking a 3 was coming, that high mainly because reviewers seldom go below that nowadays even for a poorly made game with few features. When I saw 4.5 I realized that the reviewer was letting the game off more than just a little. There was even reference to the developer patching the game in the review, which shouldn't come into it.

Full price for it, seriously? That's some special delusion.

I hope they understand that this criticism isn't an attempt to bag developers or a game like some kind of nasty internet troll. It's simply the truth and nothing else.

why does the ball look so small? Also Vitua tennis 4 looks better TBH
up up cronulla
(01-18-2018, 10:47 PM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 08:21 PM)KimmorleyKiller Wrote:

When I could plainly see in that review how the fundamental ability to hit the ball was impacted and the whole result of games could be ruined, I thought "surely by definition that's a broken game, look out for the score on this one".

I was thinking a 3 was coming, that high mainly because reviewers seldom go below that nowadays even for a poorly made game with few features. When I saw 4.5 I realized that the reviewer was letting the game off more than just a little. There was even reference to the developer patching the game in the review, which shouldn't come into it.

Full price for it, seriously? That's some special delusion.

I hope they understand that this criticism isn't an attempt to bag developers or a game like some kind of nasty internet troll. It's simply the truth and nothing else.

I’m not sure they care anymore.

Shut up Robbie Farrah!
Definitely passing on this then. I'm not going to flat out say it, but I'm getting a lot of early access vibes from this game. Just the fact that I've heard that big ant is at the open at the moment to scan players and fill out the roster more for the worldwide release.

Hopefully that includes a overhaul of the animations as well. Tennis is meant to be smooth and beautiful, sadly this game is anything but. Fan made mods of tennis elbow look better for me, anyway I hope you guys can turn it around!
[Image: SYWLAxC.png]
Of course they're at the open scanning players, this was part of the first info that was released....more players will be added via updates later....how can they scan players that aren't in the country.

The movement needs work...the other things that could be improved don't effect gameplay so I don't care.
Everything else looks and works fine for me.
This shit coming from people who haven't played the game is a joke.

I've never played tennis elbow but to me that game looks shit, doesn't make it a shit game because clearly its very popular and probably good.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(01-19-2018, 06:54 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: Of course they're at the open scanning players, this was part of the first info that was released....more players will be added via updates later....how can they scan players that aren't in the country.

The movement needs work...the other things that could be improved don't effect gameplay so I don't care.
Everything else looks and works fine for me.
This shit coming from people who haven't played the game is a joke.

I've never played tennis elbow but to me that game looks shit, doesn't make it a shit game because clearly its very popular and probably good.

The guys reviewing it have played the game.

The missing shots when shots are actually played is happening, it's there for all to see, there is VERY little in career mode, the end of tournaments is a poor finish. I'm not paying money for something evidenced, only to have people on here say, "why'd you buy it for then" when I end up wanting to return it (which gets said after every other release recently).

The fact you say the word shit doesn't make people's opinions shit. Smile If you make a compelling video review as to how good AO Tennis is, I'll seriously take it on board.