Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My data is not saving?
Okay guys I have this ultra frustrating problem.
I bought DBC 17 about 4 days ago. Everything was going fine till I noticed every time I started the game I was taken back to round 7 in career mode no matter how much progress I made. 
I realised none of my settings or anything would save. 
I tried to get a refund having only had 11 hours on this game via steam. 11 hours but I literally spent 9-10 hours trying to just resolve this issue... anyways I was denied refund as they mentioned I 'played' 11 hours. 

I said whatever, ill buy Ashes cricket. However now having only 48 minutes in this game I can see NONE of my settings are saving on this either. I constantly find myself back at the startup screen having to set up control settings and gamma settings over and over again. NOTHING SAVES. If I create a player that doesn't save either. 

Can you please help? I might have to refund this game as I know I am eligible for it via steam if nothing can be done. This is absolutely saddening considering I just wanted to play a cricket game and now i'm $60AUD out of pocket and if nothing happens to resolve the issue with Ashes cricket, I might have to refund that before I am $120 out of pocket. 

[Image: sad.gif] [Image: sad.gif] [Image: sad.gif]
I had the same issue with Ashes Cricket. The fix that worked for me was creating a new account in Windows, and installing on that profile.

It is a bit of a pain but it worked for me.
(01-14-2018, 07:40 PM)devvarco Wrote: I had the same issue with Ashes Cricket. The fix that worked for me was creating a new account in Windows, and installing on that profile.

Thank you sooo much for your response! Giving it as shot right now as we speak, just got off work! Fingers crossed this works I’m desperate to play Sad

Any other suggestions / tips / tricks are welcome!
(01-14-2018, 07:40 PM)devvarco Wrote: I had the same issue with Ashes Cricket. The fix that worked for me was creating a new account in Windows, and installing on that profile.

So I tried this yesterday and it managed to work like a charm! 
Thank you so much for your response. It’s odd how it works on a new account :/
(01-15-2018, 01:55 PM)Papapav Wrote:

So I tried this yesterday and it managed to work like a charm! 
Thank you so much for your response. It’s odd how it works on a new account :/

Little problem again has arrived back :/ I managed to get saves for about 5 rounds  of my test career then as I played through to ODI, I noticed after the gme it would revert back to the save from round 5 test match :/ arghhhh so frustrating..
(01-14-2018, 01:38 PM)Papapav Wrote: Okay guys I have this ultra frustrating problem.
I bought DBC 17 about 4 days ago. Everything was going fine till I noticed every time I started the game I was taken back to round 7 in career mode no matter how much progress I made. 
I realised none of my settings or anything would save. 
I tried to get a refund having only had 11 hours on this game via steam. 11 hours but I literally spent 9-10 hours trying to just resolve this issue... anyways I was denied refund as they mentioned I 'played' 11 hours. 

I said whatever, ill buy Ashes cricket. However now having only 48 minutes in this game I can see NONE of my settings are saving on this either. I constantly find myself back at the startup screen having to set up control settings and gamma settings over and over again. NOTHING SAVES. If I create a player that doesn't save either. 

Can you please help? I might have to refund this game as I know I am eligible for it via steam if nothing can be done. This is absolutely saddening considering I just wanted to play a cricket game and now i'm $60AUD out of pocket and if nothing happens to resolve the issue with Ashes cricket, I might have to refund that before I am $120 out of pocket. 

[Image: sad.gif] [Image: sad.gif] [Image: sad.gif]

You could buy a hardrive or usb to save/back up your data. I use a hardrive and save my progress onto it after everytime I play Ashes Cricket, just in case anything gets deleted by accident or for some other reason.