Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely Dissapointed Big Ant
http://store.steampowered.com/app/775280

So I found this on the Steam store, and going to SteamDB says it was added 3 days ago, why is there so little communication? Even with this storepage I still hold no hope for RLL4 any further..
I agree in part of what op suggests and yes some aspects of the game has let down some of my expectations and maybe herein that is where i am let down. Maybe i set my expectations too high. There is plenty i enjoy about the game the way i play it in saying that i wanted set plays to resemble that of Rugby 08 animated sequence that could be interrupted on the fly. One other area i am disappointed but happy its there is the end quality of custom logos and inability to choose official logos for jersey design. On a good not is that , as i discovered yesterday is the ability to edit players and yeams offline.... and i am very pleased about that. I really enjoy the grind out a win gameplay it reminds me of RLL2 which i still play to this day. RLL3 i find too arcadey but controls were spot on which as already highlighted the choose nearest player in defence could be better implemented in RLL4. Overall though i do enjoy it apart from those negative aspects that feel let me down.. hopefully if bigant secures the respective rugby league licences they will produce a better product due to having overall control of the IP. Keep supporting guys...take the good with the bad like in life.
I’d like to see everyone here start putting some good ideas forth to counter your disappointment. It’s only fair. It’s time we quit complaining and start putting our heads together and helping Bigant out a bit more as fans of these sports. With our help they can only do better. Quit the moaning and be constructive, you never know you may spark something that ends up featuring in a future game...
(01-20-2018, 11:44 PM)Radman Wrote: I’d like to see everyone here start putting some good ideas forth to counter your disappointment. It’s only fair. It’s time we quit complaining and start putting our heads together and helping Bigant out a bit more as fans of these sports. With our help they can only do better. Quit the moaning and be constructive, you never know you may spark something that ends up featuring in a future game...
That's a fair point mate and I'll kick it off - Everone wants to side step, off load the ball and create good plays in attack so I'd say improved reactiveness of players so that you can play instinctively. For defense more intuitive tackling with animations to add players. This would add an accurate momentum for each contact for example near goal line/side line. As rugby is a running game nailing the moving mechanics I'd love to see so you can step like Shaun Johnson, off load like SBW used to and put in hits like Matai.
(01-20-2018, 11:44 PM)Radman Wrote: I’d like to see everyone here start putting some good ideas forth to counter your disappointment. It’s only fair. It’s time we quit complaining and start putting our heads together and helping Bigant out a bit more as fans of these sports. With our help they can only do better. Quit the moaning and be constructive, you never know you may spark something that ends up featuring in a future game...

I get your point Radman, and constructive feedback is always a good way to structure anything negative, however I think Big Ant has really dropped off in terms of communication and responsiveness to ideas for the majority of their games which makes it difficult to provide feedback. I feel like a lot of people put a tonne of time into providing feedback for RLL3, yet RLL4 really didn't incorporate many (if any) of these requests.

Just to provide feedback, which I fear will fall on deaf ears, I would love to see them focus on a Franchise heavy patch. I feel like the lack of improvement to this mode was the final nail in the coffin to make me consider RLL4 a bad video game. If this was improved I would have a desire to play the game again. Improvements would include being able to release players, mid year free agent signings, improved team AI in terms of picking teams and recruitment, improved team building i.e. chemistry, morale etc. I know some of these are major requests but it would be great to see a couple incorporated.

I like your sentiment but let’s be honest there has been plenty of constructive feedback and great ideas put forward and Big Ant/TruBlu have chosen not to listen or follow through.

Instead of listening to the feedback on what we wanted fixed, corrected, updated or added to the game we got..........a $20 DLC delivered when the World Cup was over. This was a nice to have but would sit down on the list of things we would like to see. This was a money making excercise and could have been created in the fan hub if logos were not so poorly transferred.

I doubt that RLL4, or Ashes Cricket, will get any further attention as Big Ant has a shiny new toy in AO Tennis. Unfortunately this toy is a massive dumpster fire that will need a lot of work. 

A lot of people who would go out and buy a big Ant game on day one are now holding back, waiting to read the reviews rather than trusting the reputation. Why? Maybe because they are being ignored by big ant and Trublu.

So let’s sit back and wait for RLL5. I’m sure TruBlu is working on micro transactions so you can enhance your playing experience by only buying the teams you want to play with. Or maybe you can create your own custom trophies, pixelated logo and all!! Or maybe a slider so you can adjust how big a forward pass the AI throw off a tap. But don’t worry the day one patch will add Ross Symons as the ref (Xbox will get it 5 days later)!

In the end Big Ant has burnt a lot of people so asking for positivity round here is a nice sentiment but a little too late.

Shut up Robbie Farrah!
Radman. U have earned the right to be heard and they didn't listen. BA have for some reason got so much worse over the years in game design and community communication. It's so poor
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
Big Ant lost a few of their key guys just after RLL3 was released......and you can tell.
what makes you say that??