Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely Dissapointed Big Ant
Hi All, I have always been a reluctant Big Ant fan. I am a Rugby League tragic. Every new release, I get my hopes up for the game to fall short but I usually play the games because they are fun. Then RLL4 came along. This game may look pretty but the gameplay is terrible at best. I got my hopes up when Ross was saying that it was the best  game yet. By the 4th attempt you would expect a decent game. 

The support shown by BA since release  been the worst of all time.

And now that the Ashes is out and AO Tennis almost out, NA have seemed to have washed there hands clean of it.

Why is this? Is Tru Blu to blame? As always I am expecting no response
(01-12-2018, 07:54 AM)drewey78 Wrote: Hi All, I have always been a reluctant Big Ant fan. I am a Rugby League tragic. Every new release, I get my hopes up for the game to fall short but I usually play the games because they are fun. Then RLL4 came along. This game may look pretty but the gameplay is terrible at best. I got my hopes up when Ross was saying that it was the best  game yet. By the 4th attempt you would expect a decent game. 

And now that the Ashes is out and AO Tennis almost out, NA have seemed to have washed there hands clean of it.

Ongoing development and support of RLL4 are in the hands of Tru Blu.
Tru Blu are a joke!
(01-12-2018, 09:07 AM)[email protected] Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 07:54 AM)drewey78 Wrote: Hi All, I have always been a reluctant Big Ant fan. I am a Rugby League tragic. Every new release, I get my hopes up for the game to fall short but I usually play the games because they are fun. Then RLL4 came along. This game may look pretty but the gameplay is terrible at best. I got my hopes up when Ross was saying that it was the best  game yet. By the 4th attempt you would expect a decent game. 

Ongoing development and support of RLL4 are in the hands of Tru Blu.
Well that explains a great deal ! I'm sure that there is an interesting back story here that we will never know. It is a shame though that the gamers are left twisting in the wind. Time to move on, waiting for Tru Blu is a waste of time.
Just have to wait for their licence contract to end and BA can pick it up and self publish. Cricket Australia and Tennis Australia have the right idea, now it's the NRL's turn.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Given the shammozzle that AO tennis is and its price without a publisher and given AC is still in dire straits with loads of bugs. The so called publisher shackles have been removed but the same issues arise. I'd hazard a guess it may not be tru blu holding back NRL. DBC14 and RLL3 are their trophy games everything else is ordinary. I still play RLL3 and DBC14. They should go back to those games and work from them
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
It seems like Big Ant has been very ambitious with the number of games they have developed in the past 12-18 months. While I appreciate the effort and it is great to see so many Australian sports games, they appear to be forgetting that releasing a broken/very glitchy game won't make the customer happy.

I feel like Big Ant have done a lot of damage to their brand. Looking over a couple of forums about the release of AO Tennis and people are making it clear that this level of quality is unacceptable. I think a lot of people have made Tru Blu the scapegoat for a number of years (myself included), but I'm now starting to think that they are both just as bad as each other.

I want them to do well, I want to see a fantastic Rugby League game, but unfortunately I don't think Big Ant has the ability to create one, nor do they have the respect for their consumers to release one at the quality we deserve.
Big Ant/True Blue need to stop making games for a while and fix the current crop of games they have released in the last 12-18 months.

RLL3 was the best RL game they have made to date and should of built on from those foundations to improve the franchise not break it and start all over.

C'mon Big Ant/True Blue, get these patches out to fix this current crop of games and regain your reputation.

It's not too late.
Yes i love RLL3 and still play it. I bought RLL4 on steam but returned it. If they would fix it then i would buy it again.
Six month old games are not going to be patched ! Especially by TruBlu. Go take a look at the AFL game they put out. Hell they never even gave the second patch to the PC version of RLL4. Now that BA has decided to self publish maybe things will improve as far as support, we can only hope.