Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your Suggestions!
Another suggestion is to have a series of mission-based challenges, e.g. you're Carlton in the 1970 grand final, 44 points down at half-time -- come back and win.
Personally I think stats should have a bigger impact on the game. As someone mentioned earlier, a ruckman should not be able to chase down dangerfield/Jetta. 2 more things:

1: better impact. Having a pack form and being able to crash through it with a big bloke like Brown or Dawes would be sick!

2: an in-close system. Where players can actually fight for the ball and get quick hands out to a player, or have someone just steam-roll through head first, win the footy and clear the ball from the area.

I'm not too phased about a career mode, I would just like to see marking, tackling, etc. be touched up a bit and the above things I mentioned thought about.
Pleaaaaaase ... patch that stupid pause players take just as they should pick up the ball (but instead allows their opponents to pick it up and run away with it), and the occasions they simply let the ball sail through them or just over their head, letting an opponent behind them mark it.

They're the two most infuriating, inexplicable things in the game. Cannot count the amount of times you're undone by things like that which are simply out of your control.
More stuff, re online gaming:

-- penalties for leaving a game should be much heavier, e.g. losing 10,000 XP, (although you'd have to be sure people aren't penalised for being booted due to internet connection, etc.).
-- when teams are matched-up, you should show the stats for each player (e.g. rank, XP, streak), and how many players (i.e. single or multiplayer) are playing for that team.
-- once you pass that screen, it should be that games MUST be accepted. (Sometimes, a player will click through the initial screens, then bug-out at the end).
-- you need greater jumper options, e.g. St Kilda vs St Kilda might come up, which doesn't leave much option in terms of jumper clashes. One of the older footy games had heritage jumpers, etc., so you were always likelier to find a good contrast. (As an aside, the custom jumpers are too busy, each design having a splash of white, so they often clash.)
(01-12-2013, 03:28 PM)Spur Wrote: Pleaaaaaase ... patch that stupid pause players take just as they should pick up the ball (but instead allows their opponents to pick it up and run away with it), and the occasions they simply let the ball sail through them or just over their head, letting an opponent behind them mark it.

They're the two most infuriating, inexplicable things in the game. Cannot count the amount of times you're undone by things like that which are simply out of your control.
haha what they need to solve is the massively dumb ai of your team mates. honestly it's like watching 6 year olds run around and not knowing whether to chase the ball or follow their man or come to a contest. can't count how many times players run away from balls coming straight to them or how many times you get screwed over because a player makes totally the wrong choice. don't get me started on totally random frees either and the way they kill the game.
Have some realistic goal celebrations

In all previous AFL games after a goal players put their hands up or pump their fist.

In real life players go to their team mates and pat them on the back and head, there is lots of high fives.

Lets have some of that.

Also If a player kicks an awesome goal i.e. from the boundary line or runs more then 40m with it and then kicks the goal have some player controlled celebrations just like FIFA.

Seriously we don't need to see the goal umpire signal a goal every time, lets see some awesome celebrations
Is there any news on when the new AFL game is coming out? Footy season is fast approaching and I am sick of playing AFL Live, with no new updates to the players etc.
(01-25-2013, 01:20 PM)Zack Wrote: Is there any news on when the new AFL game is coming out? Footy season is fast approaching and I am sick of playing AFL Live, with no new updates to the players etc.

No news yet mate. The trailer for AFL Live came out Feb 27th 2011 and the game came out in April 2011. So if it comes out this year we will probably get some news about it in late February or around that time.

I really hope it comes out this year, they asked for suggestions in October last year though so I reckon it will probably come out next year. Unless they were just asking for really minor suggestions...who knows.
Please fix the marking and spoiling system.

In AFL Live even if you are in the better position the computer can easily just jump up and mark it and you can't do anything. Sometimes when you are infront the ball just goes through my player and it to the computers hands.

Please make it more fluid, it would be awesome
(01-25-2013, 07:03 PM)TomWarrior Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 01:20 PM)Zack Wrote: Is there any news on when the new AFL game is coming out? Footy season is fast approaching and I am sick of playing AFL Live, with no new updates to the players etc.

No news yet mate. The trailer for AFL Live came out Feb 27th 2011 and the game came out in April 2011. So if it comes out this year we will probably get some news about it in late February or around that time.

I really hope it comes out this year, they asked for suggestions in October last year though so I reckon it will probably come out next year. Unless they were just asking for really minor suggestions...who knows.

Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and St Kilda confirmed to have done photo shoots for AFL Live 2, so it may be coming soon.
That's what I like about Football!