Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplay!?
Prepare to exit your craft barrell dwellers, we've reached the bottom.
$120 for a mobile game that's literally in alpha. I'll be surprised if it doesn't get pulled..
(01-16-2018, 10:14 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 08:40 PM)WhitePanther Wrote: As far as gameplay goes me and my partner have trouble hitting it over the net when the other person is serving and the movement is so very clunky. She's already had enough and I'm tempted to take it back.

i haven't had any issues like that but I've only played single player. 
The movement is odd and doesn't feel fluid at all but it seems to work.
My control tips (because there isn't any): 

To time your shot hold down the shot button just after the ball has been hit and release just before it gets to you, you may not get full power but timing is more important.

To control your shot direction with the left stick, hold it in the spot you want it to go until after you've played the shot otherwise the marker will move back again, this is the same for serving.

I play a lot of shots back to the ai's feet, they tend to leave a lot of balls, maybe they think it's going out I'm not sure.

I am only using the normal shot at the moment, no slicing, top spin, drop shots or lobs which is working for me while I get to grips.

I am by no means an expert, having been flogged in 1 pro match and having a 1W/1L record in an amateur career.

As for issues, I've had 2 instances of the ball flying off in a random direction (like the hooker pass to heaven in RLL3) the ball may of come off the racquet wrong and was meant to go where it did but it didn't look right.
And a few moments where my player didn't play a shot after releasing the button (may be my issue as this only seemed to happen when I was losing and getting the shits)

There's a career mode? Is that "Australian open"?
(01-17-2018, 04:15 AM)WhitePanther Wrote:
If you're on Xbox, it will be there once the day one patch is released, it was delayed on Xbox. If you're on PS4 it should be there.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
260 players in the game.....is it 130 men and 130 women?
(01-17-2018, 05:19 AM)theaxe1606 Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 04:15 AM)WhitePanther Wrote:
If you're on Xbox, it will be there once the day one patch is released, it was delayed on Xbox. If you're on PS4 it should be there.

Bugger I just took it back and put the money on my pre order for "kingdom come deliverance". I didn't realise a patch was coming. I'm on xbox one.
Really getting to grips with the game now, had some really close hard fought wins in career, feels very satisfying.

I'm not sold on the movement system yet, sometimes when you input the direction for the shot the ai holds you in place and you play the shot, other times it will let your input move you and you just take off and end up no where near the ball. I'm sure it will click soon.

Also I haven't noticed if the game auto saves during a match, there's no option in the menu. If it doesn't we need the option.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17