Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplay!?
(01-14-2018, 12:03 PM)Yuna Wrote: Fluidity is terrible

and WTF is with the celebrations? NO ONE celebrates like that for every single point in Tennis. WTF?

I remember the celebrations were over the top with LaCrosse 16. Really annoying, they fixed it with the patch. Maybe better to just leave them out in the first place or make them user controlled.
Love Tennis, but not picking this up unless it gets rave reviews and players opinions don't change for a couple of months. The buggy fix-up jobs post-release with Rugby League Live 4 & Ashes Cricket have been a continuation of previous buggy, fix-up jobs.

If this turns out to be a lot better, I'll get it when it's cheaper. I used to be a day-one mug for anything Big Ant. Still own RLL1, RLL2, Rll2WCE, RLL3, RLL4, DBC '14, DBC 17 & Ashes Cricket, (all as tribute to collecting the games of the sport, not the quality, a couple were great) so I've been pretty loyal.

I hope AO Tennis is a great success, but I feel too burned to get this on day one.

EDIT: Just went back a page and watched those videos. Wow, it seems Big Ant are spread very thin across too many projects just now. That looked stiff, awkward and flat (atmosphere). As for AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO, AO popping up EVERY time anything at all happens, how could they not see that annoying people? We know what the damn game is, we don't need it shoved down our throats every 10 seconds. How does something like that not get noticed without "Yes" Men testing it?

It seems there's an obsession for getting rid of meters and reticles (kind of understand that on higher difficulties), so there needs to be a hell of a good tutorial/practice environment for players. If so, make a video of that and put it up. Is there anything fun? Prize-money, sponsorships, trophy cabinet, newspaper headlines, form and morale, fun drills, Records/PB's, something new in a career, like public perception/being able to choose what to say in a post-tournament press-conference?

This game doesn't have 26 players and a ref, surely there's a lot more they could've done?

I'll wait to pass judgment fully when I get my hands on it... but do agree that the AO screen looks a little overused. Maybe if it accompanied a replay (although we don't need them for every point either) it would work a little better.... but aside from replays what is there to fill the gap? The scoreboard or animations of the players.. the latter of which would require a multitude of animations for it to not seem repetitive (IMO).

I would like to see an in-depth game, like in real life, where a player has to make their way up from the bottom and choose which tournaments to enter... what sponsorships to take... and hopefully Big Ant keep at it as we know they can improve on what they have. I share most of the points Iversen has made as Tennis should be about Prize-money, sponsorships and trophies. The Newspaper headline thing can work but has to be done well and stats / records are a must in any sports game.

Public Perception is a tricky one though... as I like the concept but really want to see it done effectively. Something I'd expect the WWE to do well just hasn't clicked for me yet and if someone was to nail it... it'd be great, but underdone it just becomes a hollow mess (Now imagine if they got this working for Rugby League.... where you could take the gamble of commenting on the refereeing... Ricky Stuarting would be a fun little minigame :p).

Anyway... not long till better judges of the game get it in their hands... there are a few people on here I'd like to gauge the opinion of.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(01-14-2018, 02:01 AM)pure_brad Wrote: Gameplay Footage

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=25s&v=clDuU8BbvP0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=Xtxqi5qsOIY

Oh wow that is bad.

We’re their any rallies? I gave up watching after a couple of minutes. Every point let’s do a fist pump and wave to the crowd!
Check out the ALPHA gameplay of this game.....

https://youtu.be/-Mi1E61vZ9U

Shut up Robbie Farrah!

Big Ant put this up a few minutes ago. Single player.

If this is day one patch footage, the animations still look funky and they haven't toned the celebrations down. Hopefully it plays smoother than it looks and thankfully 90% of the shots weren't unforced errors like in the leaked footage.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(01-15-2018, 08:19 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote:

Big Ant put this up a few minutes ago. Single player.

If this is day one patch footage, the animations still look funky and they haven't toned the celebrations down. Hopefully it plays smoother than it looks and thankfully 90% of the shots weren't unforced errors like in the leaked footage.

The gameplay in this video looks alot better than the Twitch gameplay Smile
It does, good to see someone with more experience playing it. I'll wait and see what's in store for tomorrow. If the grass and clay courts are fixed to look more lifelike and with the sliding for clay courts added and if you can turn off the cutscenes I may just be swayed if online is solid.
Why does the movement look so clunky
This is still pre day 1 patch and that youtube quality is terrible so just wait till tomorrow and then judge.
Why the hell does digital have to be so bloody expensive???!!!.

$120...oh hell no.

Was willing to buy at 90 knowing I can't resell it but geez...

Happy to wait for a price drop.

gah...