Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fielding & Spin bowling issues(XBox one)
Hi BA.

I love some of the changes you've made to fielding. I've had assisted catches at the boundary which look fantastic. The fielders are generally more intelligent.

However i've noticed a few things:

1. As a spin bowler it seems almost impossible to react for a caught and bowled. My guy just stands there and no matter what I press (button or toggle stick) I've had more opportunities with a medium pace bowler. It seems that at the end of the (leg) Spin bowling action there is a period (a good 1-2 seconds) where the bowler just stands there with hands and legs spread apart.

2. First and second slip are still useless. The keeper jumps in front of them to catch/field.

3. At least for a leg spinner the delivery lengths seem to be off. When I bowl an extra full yorker (x + rb) the ball lands in about the middle of the "yellow" length on the pitch map. A short bouncer (b + lb) lands before the red section. These are both when I get "perfect" for spin and release inputs. The balls in between are spread accordingly. A "regular length" ball (just "A") lands in the red section. (Same with medium pace)

4. In career mode the ball almost never carries through to the keeper, even when placed "up". This applies at both club and district level. (for fast, medium, and leg spin)

5. The spin bowlers technically bowl no-balls almost all the time, with their feet touching the return crease (When bowling over the wicket) and occasionally when bowling wide from around the wicket. Also When bowling around the wicket (narrow) the bowler moves through the umpire.

Love the improvements you've made in this instalment!
Running between wickets needs to be slower or the fielders throw power needs to turn up, find myself making runs too easily with little to no run out chance. Batting is good,  fielding just needs to be more exciting.
(01-04-2018, 01:01 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: Running between wickets needs to be slower or the fielders throw power needs to turn up, find myself making runs too easily with little to no run out chance. Batting is good,  fielding just needs to be more exciting.

I completely agree with that, fielding is almost tiring. Singles are too easy and it doesn't help that the fielder takes 2 seconds to recover before he lofts the ball. If fielding gets a patch update, this game would be so well rounded.
(03-13-2018, 04:46 PM)saadmemon Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 01:01 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: Running between wickets needs to be slower or the fielders throw power needs to turn up, find myself making runs too easily with little to no run out chance. Batting is good,  fielding just needs to be more exciting.

I completely agree with that, fielding is almost tiring. Singles are too easy and it doesn't help that the fielder takes 2 seconds to recover before he lofts the ball. If fielding gets a patch update, this game would be so well rounded.
Unless I am missing if there is a way to throw the ball faster to the bowler or keeper. I try to time it in the green for accuracy, is there a button or way to throw it faster?