Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Update 1.07
There's a new update now, called version 1.07.  2,873 Go. What is it exactly?
(12-21-2017, 06:39 AM)vinceb Wrote: There's a new update now, called version 1.07.  2,873 Go. What is it exactly?

I'm pretty sure it's the world cup update man
Yep, that's all it seems to do.

Defensive AI Players still move at warp speed from tackle to tackle across the field.
In side-view at least, the directional defensive player selector is still inverted in many situations, mostly when your team is going right to left.
L1 still doesn't always give the best player.
Marking players still be slow to get to their feet and can get caught off-side by a quick run at them (even slow to get to their feet, they'll still suddenly make a tackle and get penalized).
The game has ZERO awareness of how long a game you've selected to play and the defence becomes so tight, so it's pointless to have a 3 or 5 minute half game with a mate, unless 4-0, or 0-0 is your thing.
Amateur and Pro are still too hard, these are for people starting to get a little better at the game, not experts.
Spam Fending works, but is a lottery. You have none of the idea that you can deliver a good fend with timing.

Also, the main screen has now become covered in LOCKS, telling you WOMENS TEAMS - LOCKED, WORLD CUP MODE, LOCKED. Unless of course you submit and pay the money they want, after some of the ludicrous issues with the game for a tournament which is long dead and buried. Finally, I have zero idea if it's just a single player mode (as per the last World Cup) or if it's multi-player off-line.

Well I bought RLL1, RLL2, RLL2-WCE, RLL3, RLL4, (still own them all) as far as I'm concerned I've been too good to Tru Blu for some of this nonsense and I'm not paying for RLL4-WCE unless they actually talk to their fans and actually fix properly broken things like their directional defensive player selector, at least!

Don't forget kids. Ross said prior to release this is the best by far, sports game ever made in Australia. How out of touch can someone be. Back to RLL3 for most of us
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
(12-21-2017, 10:11 AM)C A Iversen Wrote: Yep, that's all it seems to do.

Defensive AI Players still move at warp speed from tackle to tackle across the field.
In side-view at least, the directional defensive player selector is still inverted in many situations, mostly when your team is going right to left.
L1 still doesn't always give the best player.
Marking players still be slow to get to their feet and can get caught off-side by a quick run at them (even slow to get to their feet, they'll still suddenly make a tackle and get penalized).
The game has ZERO awareness of how long a game you've selected to play and the defence becomes so tight, so it's pointless to have a 3 or 5 minute half game with a mate, unless 4-0, or 0-0 is your thing.
Amateur and Pro are still too hard, these are for people starting to get a little better at the game, not experts.
Spam Fending works, but is a lottery. You have none of the idea that you can deliver a good fend with timing.

Also, the main screen has now become covered in LOCKS, telling you WOMENS TEAMS - LOCKED, WORLD CUP MODE, LOCKED. Unless of course you submit and pay the money they want, after some of the ludicrous issues with the game for a tournament which is long dead and buried. Finally, I have zero idea if it's just a single player mode (as per the last World Cup) or if it's multi-player off-line.

Well I bought RLL1, RLL2, RLL2-WCE, RLL3, RLL4, (still own them all) as far as I'm concerned I've been too good to Tru Blu for some of this nonsense and I'm not paying for RLL4-WCE unless they actually talk to their fans and actually fix properly broken things like their directional defensive player selector, 

Couldn't agree more with you! $110 for this game and they expect us to pay more for a shitty world cup edition? Just fix the gameplay!!! That's all we want.
Still not worth buying then?
Got a 6 GB update, you can now pick an Origin team without the game crashing but despite being retired from Origin we have Paul Gallen still available for selection even though he wasn't available for selection in the prior fix.

Origin teams still wildly unrealistic. Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Dane Gagai, Valentine Holmes and Cameron Smith were left out of the QLD team I went up against with Corey Oates, Moga, Chambers, and JAKE GRANVILLE taking their place. World Cup squads are the same

Still forward passes that aren't forward. Was playing a game in front of my Mrs who was doing some cleaning, I broke the line with Aaron Woods and tried to get a pass away to Matt Moylan who was rushing up in support. Passed it, open line, got called forward and even my Mrs who doesn't play video games (Does follow Rugby League though) said it wasn't forward and then questioned why I play a game that cheats me.

Offloads which are a huge part of an NRL match are still not worth even trying because they rarely come off and even if they do you're always quickly tackled anyway.

Despite this being the World Cup edition you still can't actually pick a World Cup team from all available players. Origin teases you with the idea but then you get to World Cup and they pick 25 for you who are usually guys you don't want to use or guys who would never make it anyway.

It's half of a game and I don't see it being improved on until RLL5. Last time for RLL2 the World Cup edition fixed all the major issues but this time around it seems like "Throw in the Women's teams and add the extra World Cup teams. These schlubs will pay $20.00 for it".
(12-24-2017, 12:03 AM), Airliebird Wrote: Still not worth buying then?

(12-26-2017, 08:17 AM)SOR Wrote: Got a 6 GB update, you can now pick an Origin team without the game crashing but despite being retired from Origin we have Paul Gallen still available for selection even though he wasn't available for selection in the prior fix.

Origin teams still wildly unrealistic. Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Dane Gagai, Valentine Holmes and Cameron Smith were left out of the QLD team I went up against with Corey Oates, Moga, Chambers, and JAKE GRANVILLE taking their place. World Cup squads are the same

Still forward passes that aren't forward. Was playing a game in front of my Mrs who was doing some cleaning, I broke the line with Aaron Woods and tried to get a pass away to Matt Moylan who was rushing up in support. Passed it, open line, got called forward and even my Mrs who doesn't play video games (Does follow Rugby League though) said it wasn't forward and then questioned why I play a game that cheats me.

Offloads which are a huge part of an NRL match are still not worth even trying because they rarely come off and even if they do you're always quickly tackled anyway.

Despite this being the World Cup edition you still can't actually pick a World Cup team from all available players. Origin teases you with the idea but then you get to World Cup and they pick 25 for you who are usually guys you don't want to use or guys who would never make it anyway.

It's half of a game and I don't see it being improved on until RLL5. Last time for RLL2 the World Cup edition fixed all the major issues but this time around it seems like "Throw in the Women's teams and add the extra World Cup teams. These schlubs will pay $20.00 for it".

I bet someone will see that "half a game" comment and say something along the lines of "it's much, much better than that", although I see exactly where you're coming from. The game obviously has had a lot of work and effort put into it, no doubt. The problem is, that the things that are wrong with the game rob it of half of it's perceivable quality as a game. It is a game after all and if it's not a lot of fun, then the enjoyment of the experience can be halved.

I've noticed a lessening of the openness between producers/developer and forum members since not too long after RLL3 came out. It doesn't just coincide with things Tru Blu has all the speaking rights for (just look at Ashes lately). It seems that over time negative, but honest feedback has been taken to heart and they no longer respond very often at all.

Or it could be that they're flat out making sure Tennis is going to be just as much of a 98% well constructed game, with that 2% doing the maximum damage to the perceivable quality as it possibly can, just like all the rest of the recent stuff that's been released. With covering so much in sports recently and it not being exactly EA in scale, Big Ant certainly has it's hands full.

So BigAnt... any news regarding the update/patch?
PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC ! Please