Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legend Difficulty = Broken?
Hey Gents,

Just wanted to say I've been a long time Rugby league game fan. Have played RL1 to RLL4. Some of you may know me, I've gone by Offload, HKBrowny, OTBrowny, Browny 6T. I've been top 5 on RL2 online, #1 on RLL2 and #1 on RLL4. This is just to give a bit of background so I don't sound like a fresh facebook noob.

To the question, is Legendary difficulty actually fucking broken on this game ? Every other game I have been pretty confident against whatever the hardest difficulty is so whilst I'm happy for a challenge this is a joke. I have won some games grinding out here and there but it feels impossible to perform consistently. They do not outplay you they are just superhuman.

1. It is impossible to make ground. I have tried every variation of moving and clicking the right stick, pressing / letting go of turbo. You get driven back in almost every tackle whilst it seems 9/10 the AI moves forward, the best thing you can do consistently is get them on their back with the full control but even then they make too much ground. I will say on the line in the most recent patch getting them on their back with full control has been improved.

2. The big hits.. They have still not been fixed as stated. You get on their line and Kurt Baptiste will knock Asofa Solomona back into a sperm cell. I'm yet to get a big hit on them, if I'm holding turbo or clicking stick the best I get is a head high. Beyond frustrating.

3. The steps/break tackle. They have your Step+Break tackle x 50. I have not once got the "broken tackle" animation where you dont actually fend but the AI will get it multiple times a game. Their step will break you apart no matter what, especially on kick returns its like their players are on steroids.

Honestly at the moment the only games I'm winningin is where I am spamming 40-20's and cross field scoots. I'm open to suggestions, has anyone figured out how to consistently perform against legendary difficulty? At this point the game is not fun. I honestly wish Big Ant had an achievement for winning 100% of Legendary games in season mode so I could see if anyone has even knocked that over yet.

I appologise for sounding like another whinging player but this is the first Rugby League game I have ever complained about the difficulty and it seems like even hardcore guys that have been around for years like Yuna and Radman have had their negative side come out. This game is testing.

Please help lol
get gud Big Grin
Haha come on Yuna, waiting for the video of you toweling up legend ! Wink
nah I agree with the hitups, u get driven back no matter what.
Yeah, it's fucked. You can kind of counter it swerving around but its just way to hard to make any meters.

You got it on Xbox One ? Ill give ya a run
hot tip. To get a successful fend or a break tackle, you need to spam the right joystick upwards constantly really fast.

It's NOT up and hold, if you get what i mean.
(12-07-2017, 10:19 PM)Yuna Wrote: hot tip. To get a successful fend or a break tackle, you need to spam the right joystick upwards constantly really fast.

I'll give that a crack, I usually flick it up a couple times but not very quickly. Worth a shot anyway...
(12-07-2017, 10:22 PM)HKBrowny Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 10:19 PM)Yuna Wrote: hot tip. To get a successful fend or a break tackle, you need to spam the right joystick upwards constantly really fast.

I'll give that a crack, I usually flick it up a couple times but not very quickly. Worth a shot anyway...

Yeh a couple of times won't do shit, you gotta constantly spam it. Same with the hitup function. Use a guy like Inglis and I bet you will break some tackles.

I usually run sideways a bit to isolate a defender, then start spamming and straighten my run. I usually break a few tackles that way instead of just running straight into them.
What do you reckon your strike rate is on legendary?
100%

1-0

I chose QLD and the opposition was a female team from Cook Island.