Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Announcing AO Tennis - The Ultimate Tennis Experience
Rainbow 
One of the major aspects of a tennis game, besides actual gameplay, that can make or break a game is stroke animations.  Top spin has died off while the game Tennis Elbow 2013 has thrived with mods that people have created to mimic actual pros strokes.

Has this been done in AO Tennis?
(12-06-2017, 03:54 AM)Eyeman79 Wrote: OK I have to ask- PC yes or no ?

Someone said a PC version is coming.
(12-06-2017, 09:22 AM)Bleddyn Wrote: Looks interesting. Career Mode could be fantastic.

If RLL4 career mode is anything to go by don't hold your breath, career is pretty bad even after patches.

Iv'e been waiting for a tennis game for ages on this generation of console and then 2 come along at once!

Tennis World Tour gets released next spring and is being made by the guys who did the top spin series (which was quality for any tennis fan) so i may hold out for that or at least see what the reaction to the big ant version is before diving in.
(12-06-2017, 10:27 PM)BigMoz Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:22 AM)Bleddyn Wrote: Looks interesting. Career Mode could be fantastic.

If RLL4 career mode is anything to go by don't hold your breath, career is pretty bad even after patches.

Iv'e been waiting for a tennis game for ages on this generation of console and then 2 come along at once!

Tennis World Tour gets released next spring and is being made by the guys who did the top spin series (which was quality for any tennis fan) so i may hold out for that or at least see what the reaction to the big ant version is before diving in.

The trailer for that game is so underwhelming. Looks far worse than Top Spin 4... won't be holding my breath for that either.
Quote:When will we find out about possible commentary team for this game???
Does a tennis game really need commentary? Personally I don't think so.
I have one question...

Will Roger Federer be in this game? If not, then no buy for me.
I'm hoping the Academy gives us some good options for creating players. Big Grin
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Will be interested to see what players are licensed. Rafael Nadal is the only one confirmed so far. Angelique Kerber is on the cover so I would say she is to. Did anyone notice Rafael Nadal's opponent in the trailer, looked like David Goffin so he could be another. Wonder if AO Tennis and Tennis World Tour will have exclusive licenses which will be disappointing for a tennis fan. Roger Federer and Gael Monfils were in their trailer so for now I would say they wont be in AO Open (excluded the tennis academy).

Edit. Just saw a gameplay video of Tennis World Tour and they also have David Goffin and John Isner.
(12-11-2017, 01:58 PM)pure_brad Wrote: Will be interested to see what players are licensed. Rafael Nadal is the only one confirmed so far. Angelique Kerber is on the cover so I would say she is to. Did anyone notice Rafael Nadal's opponent in the trailer, looked like David Goffin so he could be another. Wonder if AO Tennis and Tennis World Tour will have exclusive licenses which will be disappointing for a tennis fan. Roger Federer and Gael Monfils were in their trailer so for now I would say they wont be in AO Open (excluded the tennis academy).

Edit. Just saw a gameplay video of Tennis World Tour and they also have David Goffin and John Isner.

So maybe AO Tennis is waiting until closer the release date to announce Roger Federer as being in the game Smile