Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"AN AUSTRALIAN OPEN TENNIS GAME IS BEING DEVELOPED BY MELBOURNE’S BIG ANT STUDIOS"
(12-05-2017, 12:53 PM)Ruck Wrote: Cool.. insider knowledge.

1. How long have they been working on their tennis game?
2. How exactly... and I mean exactly... does it draw resources away from the other games?

I have no idea what everyone at Big Ant does and what is scheduled for when... but unless given the details of how one title is detracting from the other... I'm happy with them expanding their range / titles.

Aaaaannnnndddd they can only do what Tru Blu approve for RLL4, I'm sure there's lots they would like to do but don't get the green light.

You cannot fault a company for self publishing titles while the outside titles don't have any approved work for them to do.

I will say Ashes Cricket is near perfect but, it is very close to DBC17 meaning I think they could patch DBC17 with many of the improvements made in Ashes.
Damn I have to get my hands on Ashes Cricket soon... Big Grin
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(12-05-2017, 01:13 PM)DNAngel Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 11:15 AM)marts30 Wrote: Big Ant back to totally neglecting the PC. Thanks guys.

A PC version is coming.

Has it been confirmed?
I have to commend Bigant for the effort to get patches out for their games in a timely manner. Ashes support has been brilliant, so has Rugby League Live 4's despite some issues still remaining.

I can't wait to see how this plays.
We are only in control of the games we publish, Ashes, AO Tennis, Lacrosse, BBL (Mobile).

Anything else needs to go by the official publisher.

PS: I love the idea that we neglect PC when we have supported it with every single game we have done in the past few years, despite the platform losing us money. Maybe it's time to really neglect it!

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
I might want to go back to PC gaming one day... so that would suck.

However if the Academy / FanHub keeps improving then losing PC might be a decent trade-off.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(12-06-2017, 04:54 PM)Ross Wrote: We are only in control of the games we publish, Ashes, AO Tennis, Lacrosse, BBL (Mobile).

Anything else needs to go by the official publisher.

PS: I love the idea that we neglect PC when we have supported it with every single game we have done in the past few years, despite the platform losing us money. Maybe it's time to really neglect it!

because your games are too expensive on Steam. Why out-price a lot of your audience for what are rather niche titles? I never understood the notion of selling less expensive copies vs selling more cheaper copies. You want people to play your game? Make them cheaper. You're releasing games too often to justify the full price. RLL4 went backwards from RLL3. DB17 went backwards from DBC14. Make good games worthy of the re-iteration and people will buy them.

Look at Steam, you have the most popular games being cheap, $15-$40. Rocket League, CSGO, PUBG. They attract a lot of people who wouldn't usually buy games because they're cheaper. Then you look at expensive games like COD and wonder why no one plays it?
The more niche the title the more expensive it needs to be.

Mass market games make their margin by volume.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(12-07-2017, 12:37 AM)Ross Wrote: The more niche the title the more expensive it needs to be.

Mass market games make their margin by volume.

Sorry Ross but you're not going to win this argument. Remember these guys have been in the industry for decades and have built a gaming company from the ground up.......oh wait, that's you.....  Tongue
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Also how much licensing is required for Rocket League, CS:GO and PUBG?

Rocket League is fun but I'd hate for Big Ant to follow their lead and make a game and then individually sell me the good teams / players.
CS:GO... wasn't that released in 2012? Couldn't be bothered finding it on PS4 but isn't it full of micro-transactions? No thanks.
PUBG... Meh, I can play Fortnite Battle Royal for free on PS4. Isn't PUBG in early access and not on PS4? I'll wait till they price match... as cheaper is better Smile. I would assume pay to win is an option though... I don't care for that option.

So.. no one plays COD these days? Guess I should get back into Battlefield then.