Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Ashes cricket game a ...?
Is Ashes cricket game a horrible copy paste job of DBC 17?
No.
New/improved things.
* licenced faced scanned players (England/Aus mens and ladies)
* refined fielding animations/actions - supporting fielder no longer ignores the ball if the chasing fielder flicks it back from the boundary and the the original fielder turns around straight away to get the ball rather than standing still for 5 seconds. Wicket keeper no longer takes every catch behind the stumps, 1st and 2nd slip are actually needed. The majority of catches are taken with realistic animations, although you do get the odd few from fielders not facing the ball. I still think fielders react just a little too fast, they go for a catch as a shot is played rather than after the ball is hit.
* motion captured bowling and batting animations that can be used for created players.
* new control schemes for batting and bowling (if you have previously struggled with the thumbstick controls)
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
So the game is worth it?
I'm hesitant to buy it after the quality of every other BA game upon release.
With what I mentioned, the game is just refined in most aspects. Commentary is a weak spot for me personally but I don't pay much attention to it.

I'd recommend it.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(12-03-2017, 01:07 PM)Luke Wrote: So the game is worth it?
I'm hesitant to buy it after the quality of every other BA game upon release.

Try reading the section in the Planet Cricket forums for this game. There is much more discussion and feedback there, as well as user videos.