Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching Players Question
Just picked up the game yesterday and I've got a question. If you revert to "classic player switch controls", how do you do compressed defence (if you can)?

I switched to classic controls and did the tutorial for compressed defence, and it was telling me to use the new controls even though I had classic controls on.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Cameron. To compress your defence you press up on the D-Pad, weather you are on classic or standard player switching methods.
(11-02-2017, 11:24 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: Hi Cameron. To compress your defence you press up on the D-Pad, weather you are on classic or standard player switching methods.

Pardon my ignorance but i have missed this classic switching way of controlling players in game. Does it mean controls revert back to what was in RLL2? So we can now switch to closest player with the ball after a line break and will be effective.
(11-02-2017, 12:17 PM)Jasche78 Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 11:24 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: Hi Cameron. To compress your defence you press up on the D-Pad, weather you are on classic or standard player switching methods.

Pardon my ignorance but i have missed this classic switching way of controlling players in game. Does it mean controls revert back to what was in RLL2? So we can now switch to closest player with the ball after a line break and will be effective.

It only allows you to switch left to right the classic way.
(11-02-2017, 11:24 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: Hi Cameron. To compress your defence you press up on the D-Pad, weather you are on classic or standard player switching methods.

Thanks for the swift reply, but im sorry, I used the wrong terminology, how do you do "Controlled movement" on the classic control settings, as LT is move to nearest player on classic controls but is the controlled defence on new controls.
(11-02-2017, 12:17 PM)Jasche78 Wrote:

Using classic controls will revert it to RLL3 controls. Go to the general settings and there should be a "classic controls" option and you can try it out.
(11-02-2017, 12:34 PM)Cameron McInnes Wrote:

Thanks for the swift reply, but im sorry, I used the wrong terminology, how do you do "Controlled movement" on the classic control settings, as LT is move to nearest player on classic controls but is the controlled defence on new controls.

There is no switch to closest on the "Classic" control switching. LT is still used for controlled movement.
Classic controls only allows for the classic left to right player switching
(11-02-2017, 01:21 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 12:34 PM)Cameron McInnes Wrote:

There is no switch to closest on the "Classic" control switching. LT is still used for controlled movement.
Classic controls only allows for the classic left to right player switching

Ok makes sense thank you very much for your help.