Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's definitely broken
(10-22-2017, 11:46 AM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 03:56 AM).robbo87 Wrote: Not played the game for about a month or so but thought I'd give it one more try. Immediately regret my decision. The patch has made things worse in my opinion. Concede a penalty for holding down when you've literally only just made the tackle... but then when it's the other way around the AI doesn't get penalised for holding down. Ridiculous amount of penalties from high tackles. passing is still far too slow and floaty. the list could go on.  I'm so annoyed as I really expected much more from this game but I should of known better, Anyway mines back on the shelf and I'll probably try and trade it in now. If I can even get anything for it.....

Agree with all of that. It's really frustrating. I've had a similar experience trying to give it another go. Playing multiplayer with a mate. We both like about a 5 or 7 minute halves type of game. We play three games and in each one, one of us beats the other by one try. The only try in the game.

The passing is so slow and floaty and the offloads get smothered almost instantly 95% of the time, that defence is too easy. The only skill move that really works with what feels like consistency is the side-step. Gone is the so-called over-powered fend of earlier versions (never found it to be really that hard to stop after the first fend) and it's replaced with the step in this version. The hit-up has kind of come in to replace fend from doing anything, but it was marginally over-powered in the pre-patch version and is now much less effectual.

Still, it's now always a boring game of pretty much relentless defence in 2 player mode. I never like to compare to Fifa due to budget restrictions on niche titles like this, but when it comes to balancing game-play, that's something that can be sorted surely. The current Fifa (first one I've bought in a few years) is worlds better in that when playing with mates you can have a 1-0 sure. You can many other times get a 4-1 or a 3-2 result. The game has enough goals in it to be exciting between mates, due to a great balancing of attack and defence. Not so here.

Rugby League Live 2 balanced defence and attack fairly well, between friends you could have a 24-16, or a 34-12 if you played well enough. RLL3 was a little more defence orientated, scores like 18-10 or 12-6 etc. This new one just takes all of that to new extremes (6-0 most of the time, crack double figures if you're lucky, really lucky). It's straight out got poor balancing.

We've played on only the bottom three difficulties. It seems Big Ant got carried away with the "this game's too easy" crowd who are really only talking about the top 2 difficulties. Of course those guys will want the toughest challenge they can find. For guys who I play with the AI comes in and covers and shuts down too much play, the ball is too floaty and offloads go to stationary players who get swamped on reception of the ball.

It seems like abandonware from Tru Blu though now.

Your so right about RLL2 and RLL3.
Balanced isn't a thing in RLL4 or testing either
up up cronulla
This game is a work of art compared to Rugby 18, what an absolute piece of steaming turd that looks.
(10-26-2017, 04:30 PM)BigMoz Wrote: This game is a work of art compared to Rugby 18, what an absolute piece of steaming turd that looks.

Agreed it absolutely is. It's miles better than total rubbish. Which isn't a standard worth striving for.

(10-26-2017, 04:30 PM)BigMoz Wrote: This game is a work of art compared to Rugby 18, what an absolute piece of steaming turd that looks.

Plz don't compare this game to a piece of shit to make this game look better.
(10-27-2017, 08:32 PM)Yuna Wrote:

This game is good, very good doesn't need me to make it look better with a comparison i was just making a point that the other code have a truly broken terrible game for the same price as this that is truly worth whinging about.
(10-28-2017, 01:09 AM)BigMoz Wrote:

This game is good, very good doesn't need me to make it look better with a comparison i was just making a point that the other code have a truly broken terrible game for the same price as this that is truly worth whinging about.

That sort've puts across the idea that as you say Rugby 18 is "truly worth whinging about" and that therefore people really shouldn't complain about Rugby Leage Live 4's shortcomings, because there's less.

It's not the case. People should have the right to complain about issues they have with either game. If in the case of Rugby 18, they are even more vocal about it and annoyed in a higher percentage of cases, then that will get back to the developers. If in the case of Rugby League Live 4 there is a lesser number, but people still have issues with the game, then that will get back to developers.

Probably best that one game isn't the yardstick for the other as they are different codes, different games, different developers and definitely different levels of competency.

Rll4 is 100% a step back from the previous game I don’t even feel the need to play this crap it just collects dust maybe big ant should focus more on gameplay
(10-28-2017, 10:26 AM)C A Iversen Wrote:

That sort've puts across the idea that as you say Rugby 18 is "truly worth whinging about" and that therefore people really shouldn't complain about Rugby Leage Live 4's shortcomings, because there's less.

It's not the case. People should have the right to complain about issues they have with either game. If in the case of Rugby 18, they are even more vocal about it and annoyed in a higher percentage of cases, then that will get back to the developers. If in the case of Rugby League Live 4 there is a lesser number, but people still have issues with the game, then that will get back to developers.

Probably best that one game isn't the yardstick for the other as they are different codes, different games, different developers and definitely different levels of competency.

Not at all mate, if you read it that way its not how it was intended to come across. 

Of course people should be able to voice their opinions on things even if negetive, i have myself many times, there are a lot of things could still do with tidying up on RLL 4 espcially career mode which is a mess imo but i personally dont find the game broken to an extent you can't play it infact i have been playing regular since release.i think the thread title game is broken is a tad melodramatic and that was my point really  Wink
(10-29-2017, 01:44 AM)BigMoz Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 10:26 AM)C A Iversen Wrote:

Not at all mate, if you read it that way its not how it was intended to come across. 

Of course people should be able to voice their opinions on things even if negetive, i have myself many times, there are a lot of things could still do with tidying up on RLL 4 espcially career mode which is a mess imo but i personally dont find the game broken to an extent you can't play it infact i have been playing regular since release.i think the thread title game is broken is a tad melodramatic and that was my point really  Wink

Hey, on that point I can agree for sure. It's not functionally broken as a game. You can have a competitive or casual game of it and you can have a bearing on a result.

The original post implies heavily that it's broken more in a way that it doesn't meet some logical aims for a Rugby League game that the game seems to be going for. You can play around those deficiencies and have a game, sometimes a good or enjoyable one, but it often feels frustrating due to a collection of minor elements that don't look intended.