Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game feels like it's regressed massively since RLL3
If the career mode is significantly improved with a patch i.e fixing all the bugs, adding in the ability to release players, including more detailed stats, injuries that actually occur, tuning progression and regression, then I would say that the game overall would be on par with RLL3.
yeah this game is very disapointing and im a mad NRL fan. I gave it time and just dont like it. Career mode was the biggest let down for me. Think ill be trading it in when i get fifa 18 on tuesday
I think the gameplay has definitely improved. I love that u can drift across field and pick up runners. My two biggest letdowns are the graphics and Eddie Hemmings commentary. Other than the player faces being more recognizable, the lighting and shadows dont stand up to RLL3. Eddie Hemmings is just sprouting Gus Goulds commentary from RLL3. Sounds really weird. I hope we can get a mod that changes him back to Gus. I am very happy with the gameplay however and that is where the game counts at the end of the day and I think its going in the right direction.
It's kind of sad that there is still so much room for improvement after 3 games from Sidhe and now 4 from Bigant.

I feel these games purely from a gameplay standpoint are still in the infancy stages. Long way to go with many elements that can be added and built on.
(09-23-2017, 05:14 PM)Kiwi Rooster Wrote: I think the gameplay has definitely improved. I love that u can drift across field and pick up runners. My two biggest letdowns are the graphics and Eddie Hemmings commentary. Other than the player faces being more recognizable, the lighting and shadows dont stand up to RLL3. Eddie Hemmings is just sprouting Gus Goulds commentary from RLL3. Sounds really weird. I hope we can get a mod that changes him back to Gus. I am very happy with the gameplay however and that is where the game counts at the end of the day and I think its going in the right direction.

Must be playing a different game to me because this is flat out impossible in the game due to how the passing and AI is. If you drift and pass your runner will immediately get hammered in a tackle straight away
(09-25-2017, 03:20 AM)StevoIRL Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 05:14 PM)Kiwi Rooster Wrote: I think the gameplay has definitely improved. I love that u can drift across field and pick up runners. My two biggest letdowns are the graphics and Eddie Hemmings commentary. Other than the player faces being more recognizable, the lighting and shadows dont stand up to RLL3. Eddie Hemmings is just sprouting Gus Goulds commentary from RLL3. Sounds really weird. I hope we can get a mod that changes him back to Gus. I am very happy with the gameplay however and that is where the game counts at the end of the day and I think its going in the right direction.

Must be playing a different game to me because this is flat out impossible in the game due to how the passing and AI is. If you drift and pass your runner will immediately get hammered in a tackle straight away

I am playing on Amature but yes Ive found if u dont use ur speed burst too often, u can crab across and find a player to put through a hole
I think rll4 has Progressed in massive leaps and bounds since rrl3. I have over 600 hours on steam on RRL3, and loved that game, but I had mastered it on legend, in 3 weeks from it coming out. WIth rll4, its more the sim I have always wanted. Is it hard to get to grips with all the new features? ABSOLUTELY, but there in lies how good this game is. I started playing RLL4 on steam when it came out. I started on amateur, and had troubles in the first few games, trying to work out all the new gear. Then, after half a season, i was finding gaps and putting the points on. I won a grand final after a season, so bumped it up to pro. It has taken me a whole week, of playing about 8 hours a day, to break the finals. Today I got to the semi final, and got beaten 14 to 12 by the storm. I am going to start a new career mode tomorrow, and I know this season, whoch is a whole days play, will be just as good. I am loving this game, and will be happy to put up some vids and tips soon...This is trully a great league sim, and it is 100 times better than rll3 in my opinion. In saying that, its a huge learning curve, to get to a stage where you can actually do some amazing plays. On pro, I find you cannot switch off for a SECOND while playing, or the A.I will get you every time....great game, great sim!!well done big ant!
Dude this game is crap why is it when you’ve got a winger or centre with nobody in front of him you pass to the player and the ai defence will get to them straight away it’s really frustrating
The next step or evolution in this series has got to involve custom set plays so you can control the specific positioning of players each play to suit your own individual play styles. The second is figuring out a way to control your defensive line without ai assisted tackling. I don’t like the ai auto tackling I’d prefer having full control over my defensive line and any mistake I make controlling my d line is my mistake alone. I’ll work on some ideas and post them sometime.