Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game feels like it's regressed massively since RLL3
So I knew folks had said that something felt off with the latest release and now I can totally see why. I loved RLL3, it felt solid and controlled well. This however feels incredibly weird, player movement doesn't feel right and passing seems to be completely broken. First time playing a game in RLL3 I found it fun, I can't say the same for RLL4, it feels very rushed.

Add to this the numerous bugs which weren't in RLL3.

It seems very strange to have such a good game in RLL3 and then suddenly completely mess up the next release. What happened ?
Had to rush it to get ashes cricket out. Just my opinion though.
Try playing on side cam where the orientation of the controls are still off. The game is baked. They did a DBC17 and regressed since the prequel. I appreciate the forwards focus but too many bugs and oversights and poor career mode doesn't make up for the better direction using forwards and set plays
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
I'm giving up with it. I'm a small details guy and there are far too many that are way off. Jersey numbering (who wears a shirt with '09' instead of '9' to even think of including it as an option?), inability to edit individual player numbering, fireworks at super league games, awful unrealistic lighting, wind that changes direction throughout the match, I'd let that slide for good gameplay but I just can't pretend it's enjoyable to be endlessly penalised for high shots or holding down in tackles after one second while the AI gets away with it. Do an NHL and allow the player to edit all the parameters of the gameplay and there'd be far less moaning, we'd all effectively get our own perfect rugby game or at least something close. Keep them waiting for a patch while you fix as many tiny gripes as you can spot, and they'll tire and move on.
(09-21-2017, 10:25 AM)MattWire Wrote: I'm giving up with it. I'm a small details guy and there are far too many that are way off. I'd let that slide for good gameplay but I just can't pretend it's enjoyable to be endlessly penalised for high shots or holding down in tackles after one second while the AI gets away with it. Do an NHL and allow the player to edit all the parameters of the gameplay and there'd be far less moaning. Keep them waiting for a patch while you fix as many tiny gripes as you can spot, and they'll tire and move on.

In regards to the high tackles. If you do not hold sprint into a tackle you should not give them away.
As for the holding down in a tackle. It is a known issue and we are looking into it
(09-21-2017, 10:28 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 10:25 AM)MattWire Wrote: I'm giving up with it. I'm a small details guy and there are far too many that are way off. I'd let that slide for good gameplay but I just can't pretend it's enjoyable to be endlessly penalised for high shots or holding down in tackles after one second while the AI gets away with it. Do an NHL and allow the player to edit all the parameters of the gameplay and there'd be far less moaning. Keep them waiting for a patch while you fix as many tiny gripes as you can spot, and they'll tire and move on.

In regards to the high tackles. If you do not hold sprint into a tackle you should not give them away.
As for the holding down in a tackle. It is a known issue and we are looking into it

They seem to happen regardless of whether I press sprint or not :/
(09-21-2017, 10:31 AM)MattWire Wrote:

Definitely should only happen when holding sprint or attempting big hits. I will look into this, thanks
(09-21-2017, 10:25 AM)MattWire Wrote: I'm giving up with it. I'm a small details guy and there are far too many that are way off. Jersey numbering (who wears a shirt with '09' instead of '9' to even think of including it as an option?), inability to edit individual player numbering, fireworks at super league games, awful unrealistic lighting, wind that changes direction throughout the match, I'd let that slide for good gameplay but I just can't pretend it's enjoyable to be endlessly penalised for high shots or holding down in tackles after one second while the AI gets away with it. Do an NHL and allow the player to edit all the parameters of the gameplay and there'd be far less moaning, we'd all effectively get our own perfect rugby game or at least something close. Keep them waiting for a patch while you fix as many tiny gripes as you can spot, and they'll tire and move on.

One that gets me EVERY FREAKN GAME is i get the tap ball after Ai held to long and then some magic button is pressed and a forward pass to some one 5 meter's back
up up cronulla
(09-21-2017, 10:32 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 10:31 AM)MattWire Wrote:

Definitely should only happen when holding sprint or attempting big hits. I will look into this, thanks

had 3 head highs in one game and not sprinting either 10 game supesnion Sad
up up cronulla
(09-21-2017, 09:34 AM)ak47 Wrote: Try playing on side cam where the orientation of the controls are still off. The game is baked. They did a DBC17 and regressed since the prequel. I appreciate the forwards focus but too many bugs and oversights and poor career mode doesn't make up for the better direction using forwards and set plays

Yeah this is actually really disappointing... it’s such a basic oversight that it’s really unforgivable as it makes side cam totally unplayable.

There’s a lot of good ideas in the game, but it’s all very half baked and whilst the players look better than in RLL3, the lighting, stadia and fields all look like they’ve regressed significantly.

I honestly can’t understand it, but I switched back to RLL3 recently and it just looks so much better... 

Like with DB17, I’ve kinda given up on the game at this point.