Poll: Is it possible to play legitimately enjoyable attacking footy on RLL4?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, this game is disgusting filth.
20.00%
3 20.00%
Very occasionally, but not frequently enough
40.00%
6 40.00%
Yes, and I'll tell you how in the replies
40.00%
6 40.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you finding the game playable? I'm not, surely I'm missing something...
Exclamation 
I feel like I'm missing something with this game.

To give a little background, on any other Rugby League game, I've comfortably played on the hardest difficulty and been able to win NRL competitions with Toyota Cup sides.

However, in this game, I can't even play on the second easiest difficulty. I tried a game on the very easiest difficulty and got up 156-2, but as soon as I moved to the second easiest, I found it impossible on score points in any way other than disgusting dummy's half runs. I'm making tonnes of linebreaks in the mid field and getting to an awkward 30m out pretty much every set, before having my playmaker drop the ball trying to kick even if they're way behind the line.

Unfortunately for any sort of attacking raid, no one runs any support when you make a break and no matter who you bust through with, they get tired and get caught by props within about 30m majority of the time.

Is there some secret to attack I'm missing? I find that I'm absolutely crucified for trying to pass the ball or us line runners at all. All that works is first receiver passes to forwards & bumping, or speedy dummy half runs.

Can someone out there please tell me it's possible to play this game in an enjoyable way and actually score points?
The games really not that hard, just get used to the running/passing mechanics, use your tactics and foresight, use your forwards, admittingly the game is desperately needing another patch, but its far from the worst.
It's easy to make breaks up the field in the middle zone, but anything beyond that is an absolute fluke for me. What should I do to score a try in the opposition 20m zone? I've tried actual footy but that's obviously not going to work
Forward on a weaker opponent (strength foresight), generally on amatuer bulldozes them, overlaps, grubbers are pretty effective as the kicker sprints onto it, idk I jumped into the game on amatuar, rookie just doesn't let you play the game properly imo.
Im only playing on Pro at the moment and im barely losing, but I guess im somewhat enjoying the game, still waiting for the PC release though.
I've found that every time I kick into the ingoals, all of my AI defenders just run to the try line then backpedal away and refuse to tackle. I literally have to run the kicker in and chase my own kick every time.
Since there's no way to change to the player closest to the ball, it's near impossible to achieve anything other than putting in a grimy grubber and tackling the player who picks it up.
(08-20-2017, 04:10 PM)panda Wrote: I've found that every time I kick into the ingoals, all of my AI defenders just run to the try line then backpedal away and refuse to tackle. I literally have to run the kicker in and chase my own kick every time.
Since there's no way to change to the player closest to the ball, it's near impossible to achieve anything other than putting in a grimy grubber and tackling the player who picks it up.

Game just has a steeper learning curve than previous games. RB is closest 3 (right stick will manually change with RB/LB) LB is single closest. You're not wrong though attempting a dropout is a bit of a nightmare. I don't claim this games perfect, and agree a lot of it needs fixing, but its not that garbage.
In mine, RB changes to the guy to the right and LB changes to the guy to the left of who I'm already controlling. It is literally impossible to change to marker unless I run my guy offside to be next to the markers and then press RB/LB.

Is there a setting I have to change to get this to a playable level?
(08-20-2017, 04:22 PM)panda Wrote: In mine, RB changes to the guy to the right and LB changes to the guy to the left of who I'm already controlling. It is literally impossible to change to marker unless I run my guy offside to be next to the markers and then press RB/LB.

Theres a setting which is like classic switching or something in options, turn it off, its garbage. Thats probably your defensive struggles.
(08-20-2017, 05:39 PM)bmadden Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 04:22 PM)panda Wrote: In mine, RB changes to the guy to the right and LB changes to the guy to the left of who I'm already controlling. It is literally impossible to change to marker unless I run my guy offside to be next to the markers and then press RB/LB.

Theres a setting which is like classic switching or something in options, turn it off, its garbage. Thats probably your defensive struggles.

Haha thank you! I'll try this! This should solve at least part of my frustration