Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of BigAnt and rugby league games?
(08-20-2017, 11:26 AM)ak47 Wrote: The NRL only have themselves to blame. They could have used games as a huge marketing tool and invest. Instead they haven't and now most kids are playing soccer and they all line up for Fifa every September.

Video games are such an underrated way to create interest in a sport. I played Madden before I'd ever even seen a game of NFL and because of that I'm now a massive NFL fan.
(08-20-2017, 06:47 PM)secondsolution Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 11:26 AM)ak47 Wrote: The NRL only have themselves to blame. They could have used games as a huge marketing tool and invest. Instead they haven't and now most kids are playing soccer and they all line up for Fifa every September.

Video games are such an underrated way to create interest in a sport. I played Madden before I'd ever even seen a game of NFL and because of that I'm now a massive NFL fan.

Totally agree! I was the exact same with NBA, started supporting the side I enjoyed playing with the most, which was the Houston Rockets when they were a fringe top 8 side in the West
I dont know how so many reviews gave this game a 8 or a 9. I get it its the only rugby game you cant compare it but its like they didnt notice the obivous flaws. You cant praise it like that you have to talk about the flaws in the game so that developers can learn and patch it or for the next game to learn from the mistakes. They didnt hire testers to play this game and its obvious the creators arent league fans. The gameplay and difficulty isnt true to form and while the game engine has its limitations because of the budget the AI and passing is just so out of touch theres too many flaws that need fixing to even list. Same with player ratings and rosters they just changed the player faces and ratings stayed the same
For their 4th attempt it is shocking!
This is all so sad.

I feel sorry for the people who bought their game from NZL early, and now they can't return it. Maybe it is these people who are in denial about how terrible this game is.

I walked into EB a week after purchase to return it, and the girl at the counter gave me a knowing look. "Rugby League, right?" She told me that 5 out of 10 people had returned it (so, half), and then asked me why so many people were returning it. I didn't know where to start.

A lot of comments I'm seeing from people who enjoy the game are in regards to people not knowing how to play the game, and difficulty hurdles. There is way more wrong with this than that.
I can't pick up a controller with my league-crazed nephew and play a match without some weird shiz happening. All his team players are called CEN CEN. Try to do a simple pass from centre to wing, but it LOOPS it into the air. Get a kick away but the ball suddenly appears in another player's hands (who gets tackled on 5th). Game played at night suddenly looks like daytime. I bring on fresh legs in my forward pack, but he gets walloped on his first hit-up into a small player and loses the ball. Game goes into overtime, but players stand around in limbo forever until I hard reset the game. <--- these are just a few things from memory from the handful of times I played the game while I still owned it. Each night I vowed to 'give it another crack' before I admitted defeat and took it back.

I come onto the Big Ant forums to see if there is any hope for the game, but what makes it even sadder, is that the Big Ant folks on here just defend the game, and get all fiery about bad reviews of the game, instead of assuring fans that it's going to be fixed.

Sad because this could have been so good. Heck, even if they just re-skinned RLL3 with updated players, jerseys and the ability for forwards to have a stronger impact on the game, I would've been satisfied.
(08-21-2017, 12:18 PM)Timmo Wrote: This is all so sad.

I feel sorry for the people who bought their game from NZL early, and now they can't return it. Maybe it is these people who are in denial about how terrible this game is.

I walked into EB a week after purchase to return it, and the girl at the counter gave me a knowing look. "Rugby League, right?" She told me that 5 out of 10 people had returned it (so, half), and then asked me why so many people were returning it. I didn't know where to start.

A lot of comments I'm seeing from people who enjoy the game are in regards to people not knowing how to play the game, and difficulty hurdles. There is way more wrong with this than that.
I can't pick up a controller with my league-crazed nephew and play a match without some weird shiz happening. All his team players are called CEN CEN. Try to do a simple pass from centre to wing, but it LOOPS it into the air. Get a kick away but the ball suddenly appears in another player's hands (who gets tackled on 5th). Game played at night suddenly looks like daytime. I bring on fresh legs in my forward pack, but he gets walloped on his first hit-up into a small player and loses the ball. Game goes into overtime, but players stand around in limbo forever until I hard reset the game. <--- these are just a few things from memory from the handful of times I played the game while I still owned it. Each night I vowed to 'give it another crack' before I admitted defeat and took it back.

I come onto the Big Ant forums to see if there is any hope for the game, but what makes it even sadder, is that the Big Ant folks on here just defend the game, and get all fiery about bad reviews of the game, instead of assuring fans that it's going to be fixed.

Sad because this could have been so good. Heck, even if they just re-skinned RLL3 with updated players, jerseys and the ability for forwards to have a stronger impact on the game, I would've been satisfied.

CEN CEN happens if the controller is not signed into a profile with privileges. This is not a big ant thing.

Also, your comment about your fresh forward getting hit by a small player is very strange, as they do not big hit. Only the front rowers do. That is 2 players out of a possible 13.

As for the rest of the issues you have encountered. They are all been looked into.
(08-21-2017, 02:09 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: CEN CEN happens if the controller is not signed into a profile with privileges. This is not a big ant thing.

Also, your comment about your fresh forward getting hit by a small player is very strange, as they do not big hit. Only the front rowers do.

The entire Panthers team was called CENSORED CENSORED, and then when we played a game of City Vs. Country, all the panthers players were still named that way, but not the other players in the team. I haven't seen this issue in any other PS4 game I've played, let alone, one of the past NRL games. I'm confused as to how this isn't a BA issue?

Also, all players are small compared to big Leilani Latu! Wink
(08-21-2017, 03:00 PM)Timmo Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 02:09 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: CEN CEN happens if the controller is not signed into a profile with privileges. This is not a big ant thing.

Also, your comment about your fresh forward getting hit by a small player is very strange, as they do not big hit. Only the front rowers do.

The entire Panthers team was called CENSORED CENSORED, and then when we played a game of City Vs. Country, all the panthers players were still named that way, but not the other players in the team. I haven't seen this issue in any other PS4 game I've played, let alone, one of the past NRL games. I'm confused as to how this isn't a BA issue?

Also, all players are small compared to big Leilani Latu! Wink

"Censored" shows up when one of the controllers plugged into the console is on a guest account, or is on an account that has player restrictions (i.e. child restrictions) on it. 

If you make sure each controller than is on when playing the game is on a unrestricted (adult) account, then the "censored" will go away, and the proper names will show up.
Thanks for that info Matt Smile.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Gees people are harsh.  Remember these blokes don't have the budget of an EA. 
everyone should know by now you buy a big ant game and it generally isn't the best product until a few months after release and they always take feedback onboard from people in here. 

For what it's worth I'm enjoying it. It's tougher and the new defence with controlled tackle takes a bit of getting used to.  Would love to see in the future more retro jerseys available.  Or even a 2018 jersey patch next year even if we had to pay $5 for it.