Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I won't be buying a Big Ant game at launch again
What is incomplete about the career mode?

(I don't have it yet, I'm waiting for the PC release)
(08-06-2017, 02:12 PM)sanzar Wrote: Not to be a pedant, but it's not a boycott if you're just holding off for 6 months until patches have cleared bugs picked up from the initial release have been cleared up.

Personally, whilst I have my own issues with the game, I don't see the game as "broken" and I'm still enjoying it plenty.

Good point, I guess it's more of a temporary protest ☺️

It seems every match I play there is a bug that frustrates me. I've had CPU players just run straight through my players to score tries, players teleporting in and out of position, passes flying up in the air. The combination of these things along with the state that career mode is in makes the game feel broken to me and not fun. I see the potential the game has, but it is a long way off
(08-06-2017, 04:28 PM)Steeler Wrote: What is incomplete about the career mode?

Have you not read this thread?
https://forum.bigant.com/thread-5593.html
(08-06-2017, 04:28 PM)Steeler Wrote: What is incomplete about the career mode?

pretty much player salaries are stuffed and its that bad it makes it unplayable. Especially when a 52 rated half asks for 500k
Ah, okay.

I'm sure they'll look into it.
The worst bug to happen to me is a sin bin after kicking the ball out on the full from a kick off
(08-06-2017, 03:39 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 02:12 PM)sanzar Wrote: Not to be a pedant, but it's not a boycott if you're just holding off for 6 months until patches have cleared bugs picked up from the initial release have been cleared up.

Personally, whilst I have my own issues with the game, I don't see the game as "broken" and I'm still enjoying it plenty.

If what % of completion do you classify the game as broken then?

To me, the whole career mode is not complete so what I see, that's almost 50% of it.
I'm half way through my first season on career and I've not had any issues yet. That said, I'm a pretty casual gamer, so I treat that with a fairly light touch and mostly automate line ups etc, so that might be why I'm not too bothered by it.

Either way, for me the career isn't "broken" because it still works well enough for me to progress and notch up wins.