Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty variances
(08-24-2017, 10:20 AM)HomerHatesYou Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 09:25 AM)panda Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 09:02 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: Seriously how are people struggling on amateur difficulty. I started on it, only took 3 games before I had to up the difficulty. I'm at Legend difficulty now and win more often then not. The game is not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be.

The game rewards certain things like 1 out running, and... Yeah just one out running.

I'd be fairly confident your style of play is disgusting, while people who'be tried to play actual rugby league have struggled to adjust.

Just a guess
No wrong. I don't use one out runs, if you use that maybe that's why you struggle. Just a guess

I'd be genuinely keen to see a few clips of your gameplay, like possibly a few sets of six where you've utilised passing to move up the field and score.

No pressure or anything, but it'd be cool to see. So far all I've seen is what I've described originally...
I'd also like to see veteran or legendary streams of sets of 6. I want to see this game work better. I can't figure it out. The instructions are poor and post release tutorials don't show much
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
While I can't post footage, I will give some insight into how I play. First I don't use the foresight thing at all, don't see the need and it just wastes up time. Set plays are great, use them, if you time your passes right it works a treat, but be careful if you mistime it it could lead to interceptions and knock ons. If your punting, always kick on the 4th. If you've got a quick winger such as Josh Addo-Carr don't be afraid to scoot down the sideline with them. Also I've seen some people seem reluctant to play defence, which is stupid cause defence can help you out massively. If your having trouble moving the ball upfield, kick long and try to force a mistake with your defence. Playing like this my last game I won 40-14, Melbourne Storm vs Widnes Vikings on veteran difficulty 10 minute halves
(08-25-2017, 01:27 AM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: While I can't post footage, I will give some insight into how I play. First I don't use the foresight thing at all, don't see the need and it just wastes up time. Set plays are great, use them, if you time your passes right it works a treat, but be careful if you mistime it it could lead to interceptions and knock ons. If your punting, always kick on the 4th. If you've got a quick winger such as Josh Addo-Carr don't be afraid to scoot down the sideline with them. Also I've seen some people seem reluctant to play defence, which is stupid cause defence can help you out massively. If your having trouble moving the ball upfield, kick long and try to force a mistake with your defence. Playing like this my last game I won 40-14, Melbourne Storm vs Widnes Vikings on veteran difficulty 10 minute halves

To be fair, Storm V Widnes isn't exactly the best example of veteran difficulty.
(08-25-2017, 10:15 AM)johncasey Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:27 AM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: While I can't post footage, I will give some insight into how I play. First I don't use the foresight thing at all, don't see the need and it just wastes up time. Set plays are great, use them, if you time your passes right it works a treat, but be careful if you mistime it it could lead to interceptions and knock ons. If your punting, always kick on the 4th. If you've got a quick winger such as Josh Addo-Carr don't be afraid to scoot down the sideline with them. Also I've seen some people seem reluctant to play defence, which is stupid cause defence can help you out massively. If your having trouble moving the ball upfield, kick long and try to force a mistake with your defence. Playing like this my last game I won 40-14, Melbourne Storm vs Widnes Vikings on veteran difficulty 10 minute halves

To be fair, Storm V Widnes isn't exactly the best example of veteran difficulty.

Yeah I know but that was just the last match I played, so I used that score

The real gap I'm seeing here is that I haven't been using set plays. Across all sport games, I generally prefer not to use them, but i think I'll need to give it a go in this one.

Cheers for the extensive feedback Homer.

I've recently found that scooting sideways from dummy half is a decent way to get a kick off too, especially after a break with no fullback at home.