Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty variances
So I used to love RLL3 so was super excited about getting the new game but the difficulty settings are insane on RLL4!  I played a whole season on Amateur and only scored 30 points over 15 games!  Frustrated I decided to knock it down to Rookie and have just won my first game of the season 79-2...  There cannot be that much of a gulf in class in difficulty between Rookie and Amateur!  Does anyone have any advice or any tips?  I would never claim to be great at the game but I need something at present that appears to be between Rookie and Amateur.
Most people have these issues... unless you are called yuna of course  Tongue

I only played RLL3 for a few weeks in total as i always thought it fell short but found somewhere between pro and veteran was my level on that game and advanced from amateur after a couple of hours..on this game i have played almost a full season 10 minute halfs on amateur and have had the same issues as you up until yesterday when my attack clicked a bit more and i find i am able to score a few tries now.the AI on this level still trouble me though and i am second bottom on the ladder still but enjoying the game.i think amateur is akin to pro on RLL3 easily and i don't see myself stepping up to pro for a while yet, i don't think its anything to be ashamed of its tough.

If i could give you any tips i would say play it like a real game of league first and foremost.use your forwards with the fend to get you down field and learn to kick well for position and wait for a mistake.once in the AI 25 use playmaker with flat cut out pass ( face button twice) to create 1 on ones and use the running lines which help with momentum. Cross field bombs are good to use once you learn them, i have scored several quality tries with contested catches.

Bottom line is, play it simple and you will get there but it is a game that requires patience but you will get there and when you do its great fun.good luck
I've found this game bloody tough. On all the other games, I was playing on Legendary within about 90 minutes of picking up the games. I'd be losing more than I won, at first, but I'd always make finals in the first season of career (I don't play exhibitions)

On this game it took me hours to be able to compete on Amateur. That first game on the second hardest difficulty destroyed me hahaha
It's almost like it's programmed with rubber-band logic. Some games have done this and you have to play many games at higher difficulties to make it play easier, making you think you're getting better, but the game's just easing up on how tightly it plays.

I've gotten better at Amateur after about 15 games of it, but coincidentally so has a mate who's not been around much since it first came out and at that time he found it ridiculously hard, getting beaten by more than I was and struggling to score.

Seriously how are people struggling on amateur difficulty. I started on it, only took 3 games before I had to up the difficulty. I'm at Legend difficulty now and win more often then not. The game is not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be.
(08-03-2017, 02:05 AM)BigMoz Wrote: Most people have these issues... unless you are called yuna of course  Tongue

I only played RLL3 for a few weeks in total as i always thought it fell short but found somewhere between pro and veteran was my level on that game and advanced from amateur after a couple of hours..on this game i have played almost a full season 10 minute halfs on amateur and have had the same issues as you up until yesterday when my attack clicked a bit more and i find i am able to score a few tries now.the AI on this level still trouble me though and i am second bottom on the ladder still but enjoying the game.i think amateur is akin to pro on RLL3 easily and i don't see myself stepping up to pro for a while yet, i don't think its anything to be ashamed of its tough.

If i could give you any tips i would say play it like a real game of league first and foremost.use your forwards with the fend to get you down field and learn to kick well for position and wait for a mistake.once in the AI 25 use playmaker with flat cut out pass ( face button twice) to create 1 on ones and use the running lines which help with momentum. Cross field bombs are good to use once you learn them, i have scored several quality tries with contested catches.

Bottom line is, play it simple and you will get there but it is a game that requires patience but you will get there and when you do its great fun.good luck

Dam it you beat me to it Call "Yuna Get Good" quote....
I wonder how he does Online if he's worlds best...
up up cronulla
(08-23-2017, 09:02 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: Seriously how are people struggling on amateur difficulty. I started on it, only took 3 games before I had to up the difficulty. I'm at Legend difficulty now and win more often then not. The game is not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be.

The game rewards certain things like 1 out running, and... Yeah just one out running.

I'd be fairly confident your style of play is disgusting, while people who'be tried to play actual rugby league have struggled to adjust.

Just a guess
Just one out running?

Seriously... Gaps open up if you utilize passing. There are a lot of little nice touches that I've noticed... one in particular is the little bat-on / quick pass that you get when spreading the ball wide.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(08-24-2017, 09:25 AM)panda Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 09:02 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: Seriously how are people struggling on amateur difficulty. I started on it, only took 3 games before I had to up the difficulty. I'm at Legend difficulty now and win more often then not. The game is not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be.

The game rewards certain things like 1 out running, and... Yeah just one out running.

I'd be fairly confident your style of play is disgusting, while people who'be tried to play actual rugby league have struggled to adjust.

Just a guess
No wrong. I don't use one out runs, if you use that maybe that's why you struggle. Just a guess
I am torn RLL4 gameplay seems to be far more rewarding when you get it right but I do believe it favours a forwards game. If I barge up the field I win easy and all my tries come through them but I for the life of me I cannot get my backs into the game I can't get wingers into open space unless it's off a kick return. Draw and pass doesn't really seem to work.

That said RLL3 made second rowers feel like they were purely for offloads and tackles but now they are really dynamic I love that.

I get you need to time offloads but in real footy they rarely go forward it's more likely it's intercepted, knocked on or a harder take for the receiver than it going forward