Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Career mode near unplayable
(08-11-2017, 09:54 AM)johncasey Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 02:41 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 02:27 PM)krypter Wrote: We can add to the list not only are players overpriced.  The loyalty thing is dumb.  I'm trying to buy players for 400-500 thousand over their asking price and they reject.  Sure maybe someone like cooper cronk, but these are players who have moved around in game and are apparently staying loyal.  Even after one season of being there.

There are only 3 players in the game that have a loyalty so high you can't get them. Try to hire a support team with a high star rating at the start of the season and you can get most players offering them under the asking price

Wait... what?

How have you put a feature in a VIDEO GAME where a player can not sign someone regardless of what they offer? How is this a thing that gets okayed?

I'm sorry, but that is utterly ridiculous. We should have the freedom to sign any player that we desire.

One of the biggest complaints from RLL3 is that players did not like seeing players like Thurston at other clubs . This no longer happens.
If you want any player on your team you may do so in the fan hub before you start a career
(08-11-2017, 10:07 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 02:27 PM)krypter Wrote: We can add to the list not only are players overpriced.  The loyalty thing is dumb.  I'm trying to buy players for 400-500 thousand over their asking price and they reject.  Sure maybe someone like cooper cronk, but these are players who have moved around in game and are apparently staying loyal.  Even after one season of being there.

There are only 3 players in the game that have a loyalty so high you can't get them. Try to hire a support team with a high star rating at the start of the season and you can get most players offering them under the asking price

Wait... what?

How have you put a feature in a VIDEO GAME where a player can not sign someone regardless of what they offer? How is this a thing that gets okayed?

I'm sorry, but that is utterly ridiculous. We should have the freedom to sign any player that we desire.

One of the biggest complaints from RLL3 is that players did not like seeing players like Thurston at other clubs . This no longer happens.
If you want any player on your team you may do so in the fan hub before you start a career

So you go to the other extent and make it impossible for players to sign with other clubs? The loyalty thing is fine, and makes sense. But for it to be impossible for them to sign with other teams is crazy, and very unrealistic.

Look through the history of RL and you will see a number of players who had long careers at one club, and then played 1-2 seasons at another to finish their career. Steve Price played for the Bulldogs for 10 years, and then signed with the Warriors. Paul 'Fatty' Vautin played 10 seasons at Manly and then went to the Roosters. Ricky Stuart, 10 seasons at Canberra, then signed with the Bulldogs. All of these players are as ingrained in their original clubs' history as any player in today's game. Add to that the fact that Cooper Cronk, who has played his whole career with Melbourne, could potentially play for another club next year, and it shows you that it happens.

I would understand it if you made it so these 3 players wouldn't get signed by other computer teams (because it's unlikely the AI would offer a ridiculous amount of money), but to me, building a feature where a player can not recruit their ideal team through negotiation and salary cap balancing (not through fanhub), it's just another in a long list of failures career mode has brought us this time around.
(08-11-2017, 10:27 AM)johncasey Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 10:07 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:

Wait... what?

So you go to the other extent and make it impossible for players to sign with other clubs? The loyalty thing is fine, and makes sense. But for it to be impossible for them to sign with other teams is crazy, and very unrealistic.

Look through the history of RL and you will see a number of players who had long careers at one club, and then played 1-2 seasons at another to finish their career. Steve Price played for the Bulldogs for 10 years, and then signed with the Warriors. Paul 'Fatty' Vautin played 10 seasons at Manly and then went to the Roosters. Ricky Stuart, 10 seasons at Canberra, then signed with the Bulldogs. All of these players are as ingrained in their original clubs' history as any player in today's game. Add to that the fact that Cooper Cronk, who has played his whole career with Melbourne, could potentially play for another club next year, and it shows you that it happens.

I would understand it if you made it so these 3 players wouldn't get signed by other computer teams (because it's unlikely the AI would offer a ridiculous amount of money), but to me, building a feature where a player can not recruit their ideal team through negotiation and salary cap balancing (not through fanhub), it's just another in a long list of failures career mode has brought us this time around.
Put your career on always get your man if you want to sign them
(08-11-2017, 10:07 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: One of the biggest complaints from RLL3 is that players did not like seeing players like Thurston at other clubs . This no longer happens.

Are you aware of how uncommon 'one club players' are in Rugby League? We should just ignore all the 'one club players' moving on next year shall we?
Sorry Tedesco, Woodsy. You're staying on at the Tigers fellas. Cronk you're not going anywhere. Reynolds, Kasiano your new contracts have been cancelled. It goes on.

If I was going to say what the main purpose of a 'franchise mode' would be, I would definitely say being able to curate your own team. Does anyone at Big Ant follow NRL?
I don't know why so many people are complaining about this. If you want your players, just put him in your team via fanhub or use the always get your man option.

I don't mind Thurston staying with the cowboys forever as it reflects real life.
I don't get the fuss...

Sure it's about building your own team... but this isn't SBW Rugby League. Good on them for making a contract mean something.

Taumalolo (or the Cowboys) made the mistake of signing for 10 years so if he goes the distance then you can always sign him for the 2028 season.

As for Thurston, he's not a one club player but it's understandable if he's one that you can't sign.

Three players are unsignable and if you really want them, they've told you how to get them. I'd rather build the team based on real-life contracts (or near enough as no-one but Cronk knows if he's going to chase the money or not)... otherwise it becomes a custom competition.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(08-11-2017, 01:26 PM)KimmorleyKiller Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 10:07 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: One of the biggest complaints from RLL3 is that players did not like seeing players like Thurston at other clubs . This no longer happens.

Are you aware of how uncommon 'one club players' are in Rugby League? We should just ignore all the 'one club players' moving on next year shall we?
Sorry Tedesco, Woodsy. You're staying on at the Tigers fellas. Cronk you're not going anywhere. Reynolds, Kasiano your new contracts have been cancelled. It goes on.

If I was going to say what the main purpose of a 'franchise mode' would be, I would definitely say being able to curate your own team. Does anyone at Big Ant follow NRL?

ET!!!! mate ET!!!
up up cronulla