Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Review + suggested improvements
(08-28-2017, 11:42 AM)sanzar Wrote: Still playing the game a bit here and there, and I have another addition to my suggestions for this game: fatigue.

What I mean by this is that the programming of the players to get back onside shouldn't be making them zoom back at full pelt the way they do after a little while.

Part of the problem with this game is that whilst you could do very effective draw-and-pass plays in RLL3, they're some how almost impossible in this game - and that's partly because defensively players are  so quick that you can't exploit because you have to pass too early for the defensive player to be wrapped up.

The game needs to allow for better passing at the line, but as the game wears on, players should also be straggling to get back onside quick enough and that should open up games more.

Totally agree with this post and I think that whatever Big Ant were aiming for with RLL4 in these elements has gone just a little too far. It probably should be changed to be somewhere between where RLL3 is and where RLL4 is right now. Maybe they were afraid people would exploit the draw and pass too much to create gaps, but it's almost too far the other way now.

(08-28-2017, 03:08 PM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 11:42 AM)sanzar Wrote: Still playing the game a bit here and there, and I have another addition to my suggestions for this game: fatigue.

What I mean by this is that the programming of the players to get back onside shouldn't be making them zoom back at full pelt the way they do after a little while.

Part of the problem with this game is that whilst you could do very effective draw-and-pass plays in RLL3, they're some how almost impossible in this game - and that's partly because defensively players are  so quick that you can't exploit because you have to pass too early for the defensive player to be wrapped up.

The game needs to allow for better passing at the line, but as the game wears on, players should also be straggling to get back onside quick enough and that should open up games more.

Totally agree with this post and I think that whatever Big Ant were aiming for with RLL4 in these elements has gone just a little too far. It probably should be changed to be somewhere between where RLL3 is and where RLL4 is right now. Maybe they were afraid people would exploit the draw and pass too much to create gaps, but it's almost too far the other way now.

If they were worried about that, I'm not sure why... a good draw and pass is an integral part of rugby league and it's a better way for the player to be breaking the line than constantly using fends or steps - which are really a lot less often used in real life
(08-28-2017, 04:13 PM)sanzar Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 03:08 PM)C A Iversen Wrote:

If they were worried about that, I'm not sure why... a good draw and pass is an integral part of rugby league and it's a better way for the player to be breaking the line than constantly using fends or steps - which are really a lot less often used in real life

For sure, it's what people are endeavouring to do to create opportunities in real Rugby and League. I was more meaning that perhaps in the video-game it created too high a number of opportunities per game. I'm not sure, but in any case some sort've return (even partial) to RLL3 in this respect would be great.

The game needs much better sliding defence both compressed on L2 and sliding with dpad or other to help create opportunities that benefit both attack and defence off each option.

Having better compressed defence on L2 at the 10m mark and then compressing tighter when using controlled movement would give better defence against steps, fends and barges, have more players in a tackle, create fatigue, create overlap opportunities and bigger gaps for attack if L2 is held too long from relying on it too much, it would bring a new dimension to the game.

Then you get rid of selectable plays in favor of much faster play the balls to speed up the game flow and create the attacking momentum and need for faster decision making on Defence so that holding in the tackle would have more benefit in getting time to get your line set for the next play and if a quick play the ball is achieved while not using controlled movement/compressed defence well it would then allow making breaks through scoots and using fends, steps and barges easier and rightly so because of poor defensive decision making by not compressing so it brings in that risk reward aspect of do I compress and risk an overlap if my opponent passes or offloads or do I stay strong and grind it out not allowing cheap metres up the guts and see who breaks first.