Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2 cents/Review/healthy discussion
Hey all, been reading this forum for a while leading up to the release of the game and thought I'd give my 2 cents as I've read some negative things which I believe are uncalled for , this is just my opinion.

I got the game on the 28th so have only had a few days playing time but personally I already love the game and every hour I play I learn more and enjoy the game more.

The reason I absolutely hated rugby league live 3 (but tolerated and still played as I love rugby league and had no other option but to play it ) was that you could not play it like rugby league , league is a game lf patience, smarts, defence , good kicking, field positio, gaining metres and sometimes just some sheer brilliance in broken play, I didn't feel you could do any of those things properly in 3 and always resulted to just hot potatoing the balll to a winger, face palming a defender and running 90 metres to score a try and winning 50-0 every game and getting no satisfaction from scoring a try.

rugby league live 4 for me delivers on what I wanted out of 3, the ability to play like a real game of rugby and I love it, I'm still learning More every  time I  play but this game is 100% a huge step in the right direction from 3.

I play with the camera angle of "far end" so I can see the full width of the field, I play 10 minute
halves as I believe to master this game you need time just like real rugby, 5 minute halves just isn't enough to work on field position and momentum and then all of a sudden it's already half time. 

Defence is fantastic now how you can compress and lock in on a player, really feels like you're all working as a cohesive unit in defence and the more time you spend with it the better you get at reading where the AI is going , you see their players getting into position for set plays and you can shut it down. 

Kicking is huge this time round, personally my favourite thing about this game , kicking is so important and how they have focused it on accuracy rather than power is great, I've seen a lot of complaints about people not having time to kick and I have not experienced this once, I use the kick blocker set play , u can start aiming your kick before it gets to the playmakers and 9/10 I have the time to charge an accurate kick to gain field position, roll over the sideline etc.

Forwards, just like real footy the forwards are so important in this game , I utilise them
So much to roll up forward, targeting smaller and tired players with a hit up leads me to either drag them forward gaining maximum metres up the field or best case scenario running them over completely causing broken play which you can get creative with .

Set plays are so good and satisfying when you work them out , you have to be smart with your set plays , there's no point being in your own half and trying to pull off an inside ball play, this hams is about gaining field position, building pressure on your opponents and then when you earn yourself a set of 6 in their 30, just like real life you run your forwards for the first few tackles get a good position middle of field and attempt a set play.
SCoring off a set play is so satisfying , I almost get up and cheer like im watching a real game.

This game takes patience , not only to play but to learn how to play this , if you want to score tries every minute and hot potato and not give this game the patience it deserves then just go got back to rLL3 but if you appreciate the skill and patience it takes to play a real game of league and you want to replicate that and score satisfying tries then this is the game for you.

In my opinion if you think this game is shit you haven't given it a chance , put it on the easier mode and practice set plays until you start working out which players go where for each play and how to execute .

Big Ant, thanks for this game . I'm having great fun so far and for the people who don't have an understanding of how to execute the set plays I think you need to release a video showing each Set play being performed so they understand.

If you disagree I'm happy to talk about it , but if you haven't given the game a chance and are one of those people going around saying it's shit without giving it a chance then don't bother  Smile
Well said. So true about 5mins halves. Don't know why people can play such short stints u cant even get into the flow of the game and realise momentum and field position ball possession dominance
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
Good Post Dragons91... I agree that if you play smart you get the rewards and that's how it should be. Smile

If you want it easy, play Rookie. You can score all you like and play nothing but Razzle Dazzle, care free football. But if you take that same game plan into the other levels you'll pay for it.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Couldn't agree more with what you said , every word of it .
This sounds great!
(07-31-2017, 12:45 PM)EAGLE Wrote: Couldn't agree more with what you said , every word of it .

Cheers mate, glad you agree, I think this game is getting an unfair bad wrap from some people and I don't want people being put off buying the game
(07-31-2017, 12:17 PM)ak47 Wrote: Well said. So true about 5mins halves. Don't know why people can play such short stints u cant even get into the flow of the game and realise momentum and field position ball possession dominance

Couldn't agree more mate, time is very important in this game and in my opinion 5 mins just
Is not enough time.
(07-31-2017, 12:41 PM)Ruck Wrote: Good Post Dragons91... I agree that if you play smart you get the rewards and that's how it should be. Smile

If you want it easy, play Rookie. You can score all you like and play nothing but Razzle Dazzle, care free football. But if you take that same game plan into the other levels you'll pay for it.

Totally agree mate, I find this game much more rewarding, it is frustrating but when you earn that try you have been working towards it is very satisfying 
(07-31-2017, 01:34 PM)it utMATH Wrote: This sounds great!

Hey Math, if you have not played this game yet my advice to you is to be as patient as you can, you probably won't enjoy your first few plays that much , This game is difficult and frustrating but in turn it is satisfying and rewarding once you work it out and it will take a couple of seasons to work it out  Smile
Okay but what about all the issues?