Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty confusion
Its really confusing how on rookie i can beat tigers 132 - 0 but then on amateur i cant even score a try against them. Why is there a massive step up from the easiest to the second easiest?
(07-30-2017, 02:46 PM)Breno29 Wrote: Its really confusing how on rookie i can beat tigers 132 - 0 but then on amateur i cant even score a try against them. Why is there a massive step up from the easiest to the second easiest?

Seen a lot of people write this. Not sure what you're all doing wrong, but whilst it's not as easy I still win all my games on amateur
(07-30-2017, 02:52 PM)sanzar Wrote:
(07-30-2017, 02:46 PM)Breno29 Wrote: Its really confusing how on rookie i can beat tigers 132 - 0 but then on amateur i cant even score a try against them. Why is there a massive step up from the easiest to the second easiest?

Seen a lot of people write this. Not sure what you're all doing wrong, but whilst it's not as easy I still win all my games on amateur

You and me both. I have no idea what im doing wrong. Im using my forwards to drive and step and backs to step and all that but i just cant win games. Defence isnt too bad but just when the markers take there time to get back into position really frustrates me.
lol n00bz
Played about half a season and still stuck on amateur struggling to score points, never thought that would be the case ha! Game is far more of a steep learning curve than the previous games but im liking that. Im getting there with the defensive and kicking controls and may start taking a look at the set plays now to see if that helps open teams up.
Happened to all of us. Then one day it clicks. Just takes time
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch

I feel your pain but don't worry you'll get there. It took 2 seasons of amature before the game clicked. Make sure to buy boosts. Use flat passes and dummy half scoots. Just be patient and try not to get annoyed when they score as that usually leads to blow outs. Oh, chip and chase is your friend.
I'm having the same issues, Breno.

Defense is mostly fine, but I can only score off their mistakes, or when they allow me close to their line.

What makes it frustrating is all the weird glitches and errors in the game. I played about 5 or so matches last night, and there were a heap of 'unfair' moments in every match, such as:

- I kick the ball on the fifth tackle, but as soon as the ball is about to make contact with the players foot, the ball suddenly pops into another player's hands, who gets tackled. Hand over.
- Game is a draw with only seconds remaining, opposition gets a penalty in front of the sticks. I'm assuming they'll take the two points, but instead, all the players stand around on the field doing absolutely nothing forever. Hard reset the game.
- I bring on some fresh legs in the form of big Leilani Latu. He takes his first run and gets smashed, losing the ball right in front of the tryline, putting them in prime position. While I can see this is possible in a real game of footy, why am I being punished for this, even though the player is 100% fit and ready? It's beyond my control.

Also, "he LOOPS a pass!"... anyone know what I'm talking about here?
My favourite on this game is how you get smashed on a big hit and drop the ball cold and there is no way to avoid it. Saw someone from Big Ant suggesting running at the shoulders, still doesn't prevent it happening 2-3 times a game.

Of course, the CPU rarely accidentally head high you but when you try and do it yourself it's constant head highs and only rarely does the ball actually come loose.
(07-31-2017, 02:41 PM)SOR Wrote: My favourite on this game is how you get smashed on a big hit and drop the ball cold and there is no way to avoid it. Saw someone from Big Ant suggesting running at the shoulders, still doesn't prevent it happening 2-3 times a game.

Of course, the CPU rarely accidentally head high you but when you try and do it yourself it's constant head highs and only rarely does the ball actually come loose.

Too true.