Poll: Rate RLL4
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
12.77%
6 12.77%
29.79%
14 29.79%
27.66%
13 27.66%
19.15%
9 19.15%
10.64%
5 10.64%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate RLL4
Game play wise now that I'm getting the hang of it I'm gonna say a 4. It definitely plays and feels much more like a real game of footy than any other Ive played. There's still bugs and a few issues that need tightening up and further development (at some point this series desperately needs a way to do a quick play the ball for instance), but on the whole the game is deep and satisfying for me now (especially since I've gotten the hang of defence).

That said, in terms of gameplay modes and graphics the game is a 2.5. For some weird reason you can't choose just replay or restart your casual matches anymore, the stadiums somehow feel like the look more fake this time around (something about the grass in particular looks like it's gone backwards), and the lighting feels off all round.

On a general note, I like the way the game now tells you when players aren't onside anymore, but I think these sorts of visual aides would be helpful in other areas like offloads. For me the offloading system in these games has always felt too risky and difficult to the point where I just don't want to try them, whilst the AI just does them with impinuity. For it to be more effective and fun from a player standpoint, there really ought to be an indicator for when you can offload and a colour rating associated with the risk/timing.
7.5 out of 10

The game definitely has potential and once you learn how to play it is pretty fun. But there is still a few bugs to sort out first. Also career mode is completely broken due to the rediculous salaries players want. EG a 62 rated half wanting 500k. fix this and it would jump to an 8/10 for me!
(07-29-2017, 06:47 PM)secondsolution Wrote: Yeah it's insanely buggy. To the extent that at times the gameplay feels like RLL1

that's pretty bad then
up up cronulla
Everythings coming together now. Just won on pro 34 to 6. Once u crack the philosophy and direction this game has taken it opens up for you.
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
(07-30-2017, 01:56 PM)ak47 Wrote: Everythings coming together now. Just won on pro 34 to 6. Once u crack the philosophy and direction this game has taken it opens up for you.

Upload a game mate- would love to see how a better player handles the game
(07-30-2017, 02:32 PM)sanzar Wrote:
(07-30-2017, 01:56 PM)ak47 Wrote: Everythings coming together now. Just won on pro 34 to 6. Once u crack the philosophy and direction this game has taken it opens up for you.

Upload a game mate- would love to see how a better player handles the game

Here's some highlights I made for a YouTube community thing. Pro difficulty

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...=876745226
4 out 5

Great game 

Im left wanting in some features and it'd be a BIG jump to 5 out of 5 

Also let down by couple of oversights/design choice and most galling the requested features and fixes hat were patched in RLL3 not in RLL4 

4 out of 5 is a bloody good game though and the best league game Ive played, better than I ever thought I'd see/play, its been great seeing BA grow as a company and the games improve over the years title to title 

Its a shame Ross isn't as present as he used to be but we were probably spoilt to ever be able to have that level of access to owner/ceo
I'd give the game a 2 it's good in some aspects but average in others, my main annoyance with this game is how backs are completely useless