Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Ant should be ashamed
First off, 

Thank you to Big Ant for making Rugby League games for all of us NRL fans. You are the only company/studio that does it so just want to thank you for your efforts and time in making these games. 

But, 

RLL4 is such a let down of epic proportions, it's not even funny anymore. This has been happening with EVERY RLL game that comes out and it's unacceptable to release a game (RLL4) that you can't truly play. 

This is what the MAJOR problems are:

1. BIG HITS!!!!! Oh my God, when you guys were testing this game, how could you NOT see that the big hits happen ALMOST EVERY SET OF 6!!!! This is disgraceful, what garbage. I'm 20 minutes into a game on Amateur and the opposition has knocked the ball loose from me at LEAST 5 or 6 times. Does this happen this often in the NRL does it? What a disgrace for Big Ant to SEE this issue in the game, hear the MANY complaints about it, and STILL not deliver us a patch to fix it immediately! We pay our hard earned $$$$ for your product and to dish this out is disgraceful. You should be ashamed Big Ant, massive massive let down. The game is honestly unplayable because of this. My players cant even take a hit up without a big hit put on and I lose the ball...WTF!!!!

2. Can someone please explain to me how we are meant to move upfield and score tries in this game???? I'm not complaining, I know I'm terrible at this game but I truly would like to know how to score tries in amateur level and above, and actually have my front and second rowers make yards up field????? Is holding onto R2 not a good thing??? What the hell is this???? How can they make a game where the game changes dramatically in difficulty from rookie to amateur????!! Big Ant - what are you doing??!?! Surely you're taking the piss!

3. Why are there STILL so many GLITCHES in this game after their day 1 patch???!! Utter garbage!!! From the commentators voice going into a chip munk voice for a few seconds, to players literally putting their arms and legs through each other, to the loopy passes....WTF ARE YOU DOING BIG ANT??!! How can you guys NOT see this and immediately rectify it or give us people who paid our hard earned money a PATCH immediately!!!! Lemme guess, us people that forked out money for this game will now have to wait a few months until you release a patch and THEN it will be fixed???? Why did I buy this game then?? For it to half work?? You should be ashamed!!

4. Also, again I know I am terrible at this game, but how do you guys execute set plays??? Is it even possible??? Is there a point to the set plays tactically?? Does it do anything??? Doesn't look like it. Can someone explain when the best time is to execute a set play??? When you guys take a hit up, do you press any specific tactic or do you just pass the ball to the front and second rowers and take a hit up???

Big Ant - I know I probably won't get a reply to this and honestly, does it really matter if I do? You guys won't release a patch that MIGHT fix these issues now anyway, I'm sure it will come but when? 6 months from now? How can you guys take the piss out of your loyal customers who buy your product each and every time a new NRL game comes out??? Unbelievable!!! I was truly looking forward to this game for so long and have paid my hard earned money to buy this and to say I'm let down is an understatement. It's not the end of the world, it's only a video game but if you're going to make a Rugby League game, please make sure it all works PERFECTLY BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT!!! What you have done is release something that's about 70% complete. How dare you take our money knowing this!!!! 

On a positive, this game has massive potential, the graphics are great but that's about all so far. I'm going to keep playing to see if anything changes but I doubt it because my players keep losing the ball, can't make metres, can't score tries and the glitches make it unbearable. 

THANKS FOR NOTHING BIG ANT.
(07-28-2017, 05:32 PM)So Flawless Wrote: First off, 

Thank you to Big Ant for making Rugby League games for all of us NRL fans. You are the only company/studio that does it so just want to thank you for your efforts and time in making these games. 

But, 

RLL4 is such a let down of epic proportions, it's not even funny anymore. This has been happening with EVERY RLL game that comes out and it's unacceptable to release a game (RLL4) that you can't truly play. 

This is what the MAJOR problems are:

1. BIG HITS!!!!! Oh my God, when you guys were testing this game, how could you NOT see that the big hits happen ALMOST EVERY SET OF 6!!!! This is disgraceful, what garbage. I'm 20 minutes into a game on Amateur and the opposition has knocked the ball loose from me at LEAST 5 or 6 times. Does this happen this often in the NRL does it? What a disgrace for Big Ant to SEE this issue in the game, hear the MANY complaints about it, and STILL not deliver us a patch to fix it immediately! We pay our hard earned $$$$ for your product and to dish this out is disgraceful. You should be ashamed Big Ant, massive massive let down. The game is honestly unplayable because of this. My players cant even take a hit up without a big hit put on and I lose the ball...WTF!!!!

2. Can someone please explain to me how we are meant to move upfield and score tries in this game???? I'm not complaining, I know I'm terrible at this game but I truly would like to know how to score tries in amateur level and above, and actually have my front and second rowers make yards up field????? Is holding onto R2 not a good thing??? What the hell is this???? How can they make a game where the game changes dramatically in difficulty from rookie to amateur????!! Big Ant - what are you doing??!?! Surely you're taking the piss!

3. Why are there STILL so many GLITCHES in this game after their day 1 patch???!! Utter garbage!!! From the commentators voice going into a chip munk voice for a few seconds, to players literally putting their arms and legs through each other, to the loopy passes....WTF ARE YOU DOING BIG ANT??!! How can you guys NOT see this and immediately rectify it or give us people who paid our hard earned money a PATCH immediately!!!! Lemme guess, us people that forked out money for this game will now have to wait a few months until you release a patch and THEN it will be fixed???? Why did I buy this game then?? For it to half work?? You should be ashamed!!

4. Also, again I know I am terrible at this game, but how do you guys execute set plays??? Is it even possible??? Is there a point to the set plays tactically?? Does it do anything??? Doesn't look like it. Can someone explain when the best time is to execute a set play??? When you guys take a hit up, do you press any specific tactic or do you just pass the ball to the front and second rowers and take a hit up???

Big Ant - I know I probably won't get a reply to this and honestly, does it really matter if I do? You guys won't release a patch that MIGHT fix these issues now anyway, I'm sure it will come but when? 6 months from now? How can you guys take the piss out of your loyal customers who buy your product each and every time a new NRL game comes out??? Unbelievable!!! I was truly looking forward to this game for so long and have paid my hard earned money to buy this and to say I'm let down is an understatement. It's not the end of the world, it's only a video game but if you're going to make a Rugby League game, please make sure it all works PERFECTLY BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT!!! What you have done is release something that's about 70% complete. How dare you take our money knowing this!!!! 

On a positive, this game has massive potential, the graphics are great but that's about all so far. I'm going to keep playing to see if anything changes but I doubt it because my players keep losing the ball, can't make metres, can't score tries and the glitches make it unbearable. 

THANKS FOR NOTHING BIG ANT.
If you do not run straight at the front rowers you will not get big hit, you can also combat this with the right stick.
Using the right stick will help your team move up field.
Set plays are possible, and satisfying when they pay off.

Hopefully these tips can help you improve your play and you start to enjoy the game
(07-28-2017, 05:35 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: 1.If you do not run straight at the front rowers you will not get big hit, you can also combat this with the right stick.

LOL so I a front rower cant collide with another front rower without getting big hit and losing the ball? LOL are you guys on drugs when you make these games? Fair enough big hits happen but NOT EVERY SET OF 6. So my front rower has to side step and avoid his opposite player? I have to play my front rowers like wingers and centres?? LOL
And how exactly do i prevent a big hit happening with the right stick? please explain.
(07-28-2017, 05:37 PM)So Flawless Wrote: LOL so I a front rower cant collide with another front rower without getting big hit and losing the ball? LOL are you guys on drugs when you make these games? Fair enough big hits happen but NOT EVERY SET OF 6. So my front rower has to side step and avoid his opposite player? I have to play my front rowers like wingers and centres?? LOL

Not the case at all. You just need to combat the big hits.
Try using your right stick to perform a hit up, drive forward or a fend
You can't just run straight into the front rowers and expect a gentle tackle
Give the game some time and learn to play it before steaming off like a ranting loon.
(07-28-2017, 05:38 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: Not the case at all. You just need to combat the big hits.
You can't just run straight into the front rowers and expect a gentle tackle

Mate surely you guys are taking the piss. Ofcourse I don't expect a gentle tackle, I'm ok with big hits and dominate tackles, but spilling the ball loose EVERY set of 6 makes the game incredibly unrealistic and unenjoyable and unplayable. 

When will you be fixing these issues with another patch?
Once you learn to combat it you can go a whole match without a ball spill
(07-28-2017, 05:41 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: Once you learn to combat it you can go a whole match without a ball spill
How do I avoid big hits exactly? 

Do I have to run side ways so the opposition don't put a big hit on??

Do I press the right stick up or left or right before impact?
(07-28-2017, 05:43 PM)So Flawless Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 05:41 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: Once you learn to combat it you can go a whole match without a ball spill

The user has the choice on how to play it out. I personally would not run sideways.
I usually run at the inside shoulder and either attempt a fend or drive forward. If I know I am stronger and fresher a hit up is also an option.
Again, the front rowers are the ones big hitting you
(07-28-2017, 05:45 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 05:43 PM)So Flawless Wrote:

The user has the choice on how to play it out. I personally would not run sideways.
I usually run at the inside shoulder and either attempt a fend or drive forward. If I know I am stronger and fresher a hit up is also an option.
Again, the front rowers are the ones big hitting you
Yeah ok I'll try it out. 

Also, why did you guys change the side view camera angles??? They were the best, especially how you did the side and balanced broadcast views. Now they are unplayable as you cant even see your players on the other side of the field when you have the ball.