Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Plays Help?
There needs to be a tutorial on set plays
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
Yep would help alot...and as bigant have stated previously they would like to engage with the fanbase to discuss the game...!?
The set plays are a bit off. I just spammed the middle play and still got lots of randomised formations. U can see when the right one turns up and it's brilliant when u pull it off I just held up the ball with the half and had papali in short and Jack wighton coming off the back of papali. I wanted to hit Jack but pressed the wrong button and instead dropped a deft ball to papali whom went thrust a gap. It was magical. But these moments are few n far between because the formations are still random
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
(07-28-2017, 04:34 PM)EAGLE Wrote: I've just had a play around on end far camera angle , it seems the plays are easier to pull off on that view . You get a better grasp of depth and space . I would love to be able to have adjustable distance for camera angles because something in between balanced and far would be perfect

That's the view I play on and it's way easier to read the plays.. I've been training in casual mode picking two good attacking teams and switching on to the team that's on attack to get a feel an Learn which lines players run. Out the back and the inside ball set play are the ones I use the most. Set plays do work you got to time ur passes.
setplay in motion from the out the back play

https://youtu.be/EdFeYT8N3ZY
(07-29-2017, 12:30 PM)ak47 Wrote: The set plays are a bit off. I just spammed the middle play and still got lots of randomised formations. U can see when the right one turns up and it's brilliant when u pull it off I just held up the ball with the half and had papali in short and Jack wighton coming off the back of papali. I wanted to hit Jack but pressed the wrong button and instead dropped a deft ball to papali whom went thrust a gap. It was magical. But these moments are few n far between because the formations are still random

Don't forget, setplays arent meant to work EVERY time. 

If your playmakers get tackled then obviously the setplay you want to do isn't going to happen just like in real life.
(07-29-2017, 05:07 PM)Jiggz Wrote: setplay in motion from the out the back play

NIce, what difficulty was that on?
(07-28-2017, 01:01 PM)EAGLE Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 12:35 PM)Locksley Wrote: Honestly? I think the set plays are a complete waste of time & don't work how they should. Most of the time the players over-run their lines and nothing happens how it's supposed to.

You're absolutely right though, there IS a gem of a game here but it's a shame we have to sift through so much crap to try and unearth it!

I tend to agree they are pretty useless as they stand now , they look good before the play the ball . But after that they are let down by players catching the ball standing still and lottery by who the ball will go too . Add to the you can't take the ball to the line and draw and pass. Hopefully this stuff can be fixed but it might be too much re working for a patch . So much potential there but

currently playing fullback BAP. There's two cracking plays that run for FB's. Not always a line break, but that's realistic. When they do achieve a line break it looks amazing and makes me a little erect
(07-29-2017, 06:03 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-29-2017, 05:07 PM)Jiggz Wrote: setplay in motion from the out the back play

NIce, what difficulty was that on?

This was on legend during one of my training sessions. They don't always work, but when they do looks alsome.