Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial videos
Passing Tutorial

A couple of key things to add to that video is you have to forget everything from the past games and learn to wait until your attacking line has set before holding L1 or R1 and pressing the face buttons because if you try and hold L1 or R1 too soon while going into a ruck with players repositioning for the next play the player icons on heads can become a lottery and you can pass to unintended players.
(08-01-2017, 02:02 PM)Radman Wrote: A couple of key things to add to that video is you have to forget everything from the past games and learn to wait until your attacking line has set before holding L1 or R1 and pressing the face buttons because if you try and hold L1 or R1 too soon while going into a ruck with players repositioning for the next play the player icons on heads can become a lottery and you can pass to unintended players.

interesting to watch that tutorial. One observation i would make with floaty passing that has been quite prevalent in a lot of gameplay vids is noone seems to be using the flat pass. Theres good reason for that in that i dont think it worked particularly well in previous games. However that short gameplay suggested it might be how to create and take advantage of an overlap.  That is far more realistic than the previous pass along the line to spread the ball approach in previous games.
Player Switching Tutorial

Attacking Tactics Tutorial

Without a doubt, these tutorials are the most pointless videos ever. The player changing one is useless. I notice it doesn't show you how to quickly & efficiently change to the nearest player when the opposition makes a break!

Also I'm so looking forward to the set plays tutorial. I won't hold my breath though but it'll be interesting to see how Big Ant pull them all off...
I have much doubt as to how pointless they are. Playing a couple of four-player games on the weekend... these would have been very handy to show to the other players in the contest... and I'll definitely use them as a quick training tool for new players to our games nights in future.

That said... we just went for the mayhem option and much fun was had. Big Grin
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
How come you've not put this video on here yet? Another waste of time. No detail on set plays or how they work, because most of the time they don't!

https://youtu.be/ln6MfRd5_q0
That 'Attacking Tactics Tutorial' video is the worst tutorial I've ever seen. All it does is pretty much show that the game includes tactics, but not how to effectively use them.
How do I do a big hit? I just can't seem to do it. I need something to get the ball back after continuous knock ons and forward passes just like not in the real game.
(08-29-2017, 02:08 AM)Brentismaximas Wrote: How do I do a big hit? I just can't seem to do it. I need something to get the ball back after continuous knock ons and forward passes just like not in the real game.

press the right stick in a fraction before you make the tackle. i was poor at this too for first few days, then played a practice match where i spent the whole game headhunting hits and now can do it pretty regular with the right players.