Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the patch here already. Rugby League Live 4: Version 1.01 update file
(07-26-2017, 10:38 AM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 09:22 AM)[email protected] Wrote: I can confirm that the patch that went live yesterday was the day 1 patch. As with most games, the day 1 patch is there to address stability improvements, as the game continues to be developed after the base game has been submitted and approved by the console platform holders.

Yeh called it.

LOL at people here that thought day 1 patch was going to bring some sort of miracle gameplay improvements.

Some people here are just waaaaayyy too optimistic

What's worse is that people assume they will speedily release another patch after the day 1 patch with all the features they were hoping for. Don't count on it any time soon... it hasn't even been announced.

"Maybe the day 1 patch will add female players, the new Parramatta Stadium, the ability to release players mid-season, new face scans, Marvel jerseys... " says almost everyone.
(07-26-2017, 10:59 AM)Yuna Wrote: NO, I'm deadset furious right now. It's like playing FIFA and having Messi and Ronaldo standing in no mans land. How would you enjoy that?

What is so fucking hard about getting the fullback right in the game? This is the 4th series for god sake

Even in the first RLL1 they had the fullback standing inline with the team. In RLL2 the fullback was heavily involved and running lines which made it even better. In RLL3 it kinda got worse because they only stand one side of the field and never ran any lines. Now they totally broke it wide open with this nonsense. 

Is it really that hard getting the coding right for the fullback? In the rugby challenge series, the fullback is also standing 20m behind the team and they never bothered to fix it for 3 series. Now BigAnt has made the same error. WTF

Thanks and sorry for the rant.

All valid points and im not saying in the slightest what you mention isn't valid. I just think going on and on about it wont achieve anything more than the very first time it was mentioned.

BA have proably listed it down if it is something they can fix and will if there is a patch for gameplay tweaks.

Totally acceptable to have a rant every now and again mate. I just think for the purpose of the Day 1 patch, people had incorrectly assumed what would be included.

Hopefully BA can rectify all the things picked up and it is better for you.
(07-26-2017, 10:52 AM)Ruck Wrote: Well said Broncos4eva. "Unplayable" was a poor choice of words cause clearly people have been playing it... you can't point out the good and the bad in a game if you are not actually playing it. Sure it has some issues (don't most games) but they'll be ironed out as soon as possible.

The release date should have been the 28th for all... people playing the game before the day one patch really hasn't helped as people are expecting patch 2 to be the first one released.

Big Ant won't/can't clarify this, so I wouldn't make statements like that. We can't be sure what will be fixed in the future. However, if we got some clarification from Big Ant or Tru Blu as to what issues they are working on/will work on, then it would ease a lot of the tension and frustration that is shown by people who are already playing, or are yet to dish out $80-$100 for a game with significant bugs.
Well I've dished out my money and have to wait till Friday to play it so the only tension / frustration I have at the moment is not having it in my PS4 right now.

So I'll stand by my comment. Smile And I'll admit I'm wrong if the time comes.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-26-2017, 11:15 AM)johncasey Wrote: Big Ant won't/can't clarify this, so I wouldn't make statements like that. We can't be sure what will be fixed in the future. However, if we got some clarification from Big Ant or Tru Blu as to what issues they are working on/will work on, then it would ease a lot of the tension and frustration that is shown by people who are already playing, or are yet to dish out $80-$100 for a game with significant bugs.

Obviously the goal with patches is to address as many of the the key issues that the players themselves are having with the game as possible, so at the moment we're paying close attention to everything that's being said, and from there we can determine what we do next. Remember, the game's not even out yet in almost all markets. Smile

Of course, we hope that despite whatever issues you're having with the game you're having fun with it. Once it's fully launched on Friday with the Fanhub and everything else we think it's a pretty comprehensive love letter to the sport. Smile
I'm really disappointed to be honest.

The gameplay needs a lot of work still. I couldn't care less about everything else. I really hope a lot of our feedback is being noted and will be used sometime soon.
(07-26-2017, 11:36 AM)Radman Wrote: I'm really disappointed to be honest.

That's why you should never get your hopes and expectation up so high. The higher the expectation you have, the more disappointed you get Smile
I never did, that is what makes it worse.
(07-26-2017, 11:40 AM)Radman Wrote: I never did, that is what makes it worse.

Nah man, don't lie bro, when you said "I'll reserve my judgment on the game until the day 1 patch gets released" pretty much meant you had high hopes that the patch will fix most of the issues.
Wrong again. I assumed rather than hoped.