Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is the patch here already. Rugby League Live 4: Version 1.01 update file
When I get it tomorrow arve I'll give it a chance for about a month or until the best sports game gets released in Sep NBA2K18.
Here's a hot tip - when a real patch is release make it decent, atleast 1gb + so it will actually fix things that need fixing, RLL3 patch was a joke & did nothing.
Reply
(07-27-2017, 12:27 PM)KimmorleyKiller Wrote: I don't think their hands are tied, I just don't think they can be arsed answering the tough questions.

To be fair, the DBC community are some of the most painful crowd I've seen on the internet, if I were BA I would probably minimise community interaction as well.

You obviously don't know how it works.  If Big Ant say something they shouldn't, they could face legal action.
Reply
They are able to give more details for DBC as they own that IP, Tru Blu are just the publisher for this series
Tru Blu own the RLL IP so Big Ant hands are tied when it comes to releasing information
Reply
BA aren't going to turn up tomorrow with the gag lifted and answer our questions. They will remain coy and will be happy to answer questions with good news. The pattern is behavioural and some of us have been around a decade. Not a few weeks.
We understand most games need patches. We don't understand why we need patches for things that didn't need them before.
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
Reply
(07-26-2017, 10:38 AM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 09:22 AM)[email protected] Wrote: I can confirm that the patch that went live yesterday was the day 1 patch. As with most games, the day 1 patch is there to address stability improvements, as the game continues to be developed after the base game has been submitted and approved by the console platform holders.

Yeh called it.

LOL at people here that thought day 1 patch was going to bring some sort of miracle gameplay improvements.

Some people here are just waaaaayyy too optimistic

Just as optimistic as your "the game won't be released in July" statement?
Up The Knights!
Reply
(07-27-2017, 10:02 AM)SOR Wrote: Hell, maybe I'm old but back in my day growing up we had no such thing as patches. Developers had to make sure their games weren't broken before publicly releasing them. Can you imagine Mario 64 with the glaring issues that these RLL games have upon release?

i'm old too sadly   Sad

the best rugby game that me and my brothers spent months/years playing mid/late 90's was Jonah Lomu on the old PS1. Great times. That game had issues though. Yes no patches, but we were far more grateful and less critical then and tended to get on with playing the game and enjoying it for what was good rather than looking for fault and saying it is 'broken' because a certain thing was missing.

I am no Big Ant fan boy and have no issue with folk coming here with critical response. it will only help improve the series going forward. Lets not stamp our feet and say it's broken though because it isn't, far from it.
Reply
(07-27-2017, 05:44 PM)BigMoz Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 10:02 AM)SOR Wrote: Hell, maybe I'm old but back in my day growing up we had no such thing as patches. Developers had to make sure their games weren't broken before publicly releasing them. Can you imagine Mario 64 with the glaring issues that these RLL games have upon release?

i'm old too sadly   Sad

the best rugby game that me and my brothers spent months/years playing mid/late 90's was Jonah Lomu on the old PS1. Great times. That game had issues though. Yes no patches, but we were far more grateful and less critical then and tended to get on with playing the game and enjoying it for what was good rather than looking for fault and saying it is 'broken' because a certain thing was missing.

I am no Big Ant fan boy and have no issue with folk coming here with critical response. it will only help improve the series going forward. Lets not stamp our feet and say it's broken though because it isn't, far from it.

I agreed with most of your post, up until the last sentence.

Just because people like myself believe that some aspects of the game are broken, does not make us "stamping our feet" or wrong.

Yes, there are people out there who are unhappy with the game because it doesn't have features they like or play quite the way they'd like, but that's not everyone.

I believe AK47's and my gripe is a more than legitimate one. One of the fundamental things about Rugby & League games going back to Jonah Lomu Rugby is the ability to play from different camera angles. These are primarily up-down (or behind cam) and Side-Cam (or broadcast cam). If those playing on the default behind cam had the issues that side-cam players have they would be able to call the game broken in no uncertain fashion.

It doesn't do what it tells you to do in relation to skill moves and defensive player selection (R1 + direction to cycle through the line). Nearest player selection seems dodgy too. You can't play the game properly if you have to play with 80% of the controls being directionally appropriate and the other 20% tilted 90 degrees. That's broken sorry.

Reply
(07-27-2017, 06:05 PM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 05:44 PM)BigMoz Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 10:02 AM)SOR Wrote: Hell, maybe I'm old but back in my day growing up we had no such thing as patches. Developers had to make sure their games weren't broken before publicly releasing them. Can you imagine Mario 64 with the glaring issues that these RLL games have upon release?

i'm old too sadly   Sad

the best rugby game that me and my brothers spent months/years playing mid/late 90's was Jonah Lomu on the old PS1. Great times. That game had issues though. Yes no patches, but we were far more grateful and less critical then and tended to get on with playing the game and enjoying it for what was good rather than looking for fault and saying it is 'broken' because a certain thing was missing.

I am no Big Ant fan boy and have no issue with folk coming here with critical response. it will only help improve the series going forward. Lets not stamp our feet and say it's broken though because it isn't, far from it.


I believe AK47's and my gripe is a more than legitimate one. One of the fundamental things about Rugby & League games going back to Jonah Lomu Rugby is the ability to play from different camera angles. These are primarily up-down (or behind cam) and Side-Cam (or broadcast cam). If those playing on the default behind cam had the issues that side-cam players have they would be able to call the game broken in no uncertain fashion.

It doesn't do what it tells you to do in relation to skill moves and defensive player selection (R1 + direction to cycle through the line). Nearest player selection seems dodgy too. You can't play the game properly if you have to play with 80% of the controls being directionally appropriate and the other 20% tilted 90 degrees. That's broken sorry.

Absolutely i agree, this is something i posted just after AK47 made the point, it is always how i played the game on side view so don't see why they have changed that. If anything is to be labelled 'broken' on the game then i guess you are right this is a game changer for many.

I can and will get used to behind cam though, so it won't stop me playing the game.
Reply
(07-27-2017, 06:22 PM)BigMoz Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 06:05 PM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 05:44 PM)BigMoz Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 10:02 AM)SOR Wrote: Hell, maybe I'm old but back in my day growing up we had no such thing as patches. Developers had to make sure their games weren't broken before publicly releasing them. Can you imagine Mario 64 with the glaring issues that these RLL games have upon release?

i'm old too sadly   Sad

the best rugby game that me and my brothers spent months/years playing mid/late 90's was Jonah Lomu on the old PS1. Great times. That game had issues though. Yes no patches, but we were far more grateful and less critical then and tended to get on with playing the game and enjoying it for what was good rather than looking for fault and saying it is 'broken' because a certain thing was missing.

I am no Big Ant fan boy and have no issue with folk coming here with critical response. it will only help improve the series going forward. Lets not stamp our feet and say it's broken though because it isn't, far from it.


I believe AK47's and my gripe is a more than legitimate one. One of the fundamental things about Rugby & League games going back to Jonah Lomu Rugby is the ability to play from different camera angles. These are primarily up-down (or behind cam) and Side-Cam (or broadcast cam). If those playing on the default behind cam had the issues that side-cam players have they would be able to call the game broken in no uncertain fashion.

It doesn't do what it tells you to do in relation to skill moves and defensive player selection (R1 + direction to cycle through the line). Nearest player selection seems dodgy too. You can't play the game properly if you have to play with 80% of the controls being directionally appropriate and the other 20% tilted 90 degrees. That's broken sorry.

Absolutely i agree, this is something i posted just after AK47 made the point, it is always how i played the game on side view so don't see why they have changed that. If anything is to be labelled 'broken' on the game then i guess you are right this is a game changer for many.

I can and will get used to behind cam though, so it won't stop me playing the game.

Good to have a discussion with someone reasonable about things. Yeah, I'm thinking of trying out behind cam in single player until it hopefully gets sorted. Friends with multiplayer won't be so keen, but hopefully Big Ant/Tru Blu will sort this one at some point.

Reply
(07-26-2017, 06:57 PM)secondsolution Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 06:42 PM)Makaveli Wrote: "I really want people to see this game, it's far beyond what we have done to date and easily the best sports game made in Australia to date."

- Ross Symons

That's just sad for Australian sports games. 

All Big Ant games have had a similar pattern where they release broken/semi-broken (which is disgraceful btw) then receive the second or third patch and become an enjoyable experience. 

Sadly that means forking out ~$80 to become a beta tester. I do wonder if Big Ant and Tru Blu realise the damage they do to their reputation with the way they release their games. Majority of casual players who end up returning the games assume they are all terrible because the first impression they receive

This is what annoys me most.
I'm fine with them releasing the game earlier then fixing the problems with a Day 1 patch.
But to release the game, then release a day 1 patch and still have bugs and obvious problems is enough to make you not fully trust the company.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)