Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Australian bias.
(07-25-2017, 06:01 PM)robbo87 Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 06:15 AM)paddydouglas Wrote: Ok, the quality of Rugby League as a whole is a higher quality in the NRL by a fair margin.However to say that the best team in super league is worse than the worst team in the NRL is ridiculous.so you are basically saying cas would finish rock bottom of the NRL? Get a grip. Even the Big ant studio teams are higher rated than most of the super league teams.Also the ratings of the origin teams are too low in my opinion same with the overalls of the national teams.

The stat's are one thing but having just looked at one of the videos Involving Wigan some of the Likenesses are absolutely no where near either which is really disappointing. I can appreciate that it's an Australian/NZ based developer but given that some of the players have had spells in the NRL and are Internationals, to  not even give them the right hair colours for a start is just a bit much. And it's all well and good people saying "fanhub" but I'm not paying £50 for a game to spend my time correcting things that arguably should have been done to begin with.  People will have their own opinions when it comes to stats but not so sure the same counts for likenesses.

i agree with this... likenesses for SL players are a real joke, players have beards that have never had them, hair way off infact as a Leeds fan the only Rhinos player anywhere near recognisable is Jamie Jones Buchannan with the simple bald head and Big Black beard but the rest are terrible and does put you off a bit when you see how good NRL players are now with the scan faces. I would really have thought a bit more effort would have been put in to make the SL likenesses better seeing as the development team didn't have to spend the hours creating NRL players from scratch this time but it seems to be an after thought as usual.

Looks like i will be playing mostly NRL then when i get the game to get full enjoyment.
I'd love for the Super League players to get the same treatment as the NRL... but (correct me if I'm wrong) that's an issue for the RFL, who should be pushing for the clubs and the players of the Super League to get behind the game.

As for the FanHub... at least it gives you the ability to modify their appearance. A real tragedy would be the teams being filled with generic players that couldn't be edited.

Surely someone will make better likenesses... otherwise I'll give it a crack. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-25-2017, 03:00 PM)Ruck Wrote: There is no denying that Newcastle would get a few more wins if playing in the Super League... but the 2017 World Club Series shows that both Warrington and Wigan have claimed bigger scalps this year. So I'd back them to sit higher on the NRL ladder than Newcastle if given a shot.

Wigan currently sit 7th and Warrington 9th in the Super League table.....
LOL... the Broncos currently sit 3rd and the Sharks 4th on the NRL Ladder. Wink
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-25-2017, 06:26 PM)Ruck Wrote: I'd love for the Super League players to get the same treatment as the NRL... but (correct me if I'm wrong) that's an issue for the RFL, who should be pushing for the clubs and the players of the Super League to get behind the game.

As for the FanHub... at least it gives you the ability to modify their appearance. A real tragedy would be the teams being filled with generic players that couldn't be edited.

Surely someone will make better likenesses... otherwise I'll give it a crack. Smile

Geez mate, BigAnt can do no wrong in your eyes, can they?

It's not the RFL's fault it's BigAnt's fault. They either don't have the budget to do the scans or did not want to. BigAnt shouldn't be leaning on the fans to get the basics right after the game is released in the FanHub.

It's laziness.
(07-25-2017, 06:36 PM)SOR Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 06:26 PM)Ruck Wrote: I'd love for the Super League players to get the same treatment as the NRL... but (correct me if I'm wrong) that's an issue for the RFL, who should be pushing for the clubs and the players of the Super League to get behind the game.

Geez mate, BigAnt can do no wrong in your eyes, can they?

It's not the RFL's fault it's BigAnt's fault. They either don't have the budget to do the scans or did not want to. BigAnt shouldn't be leaning on the fans to get the basics right after the game is released in the FanHub.

It's laziness.

lol so mad

If budget was the issue then you can't call it laziness.

i agree it's great you can make the changes it is just that the likenesses are really that poor you are looking at full squad revamps across the board not just tweaks here and there, and that will take many, many hours although i will myself be having a crack at my own team at least... and thanks for the offer, the more contributions there are the better the game will be  Smile
(07-25-2017, 06:45 PM)BigMoz Wrote:

i agree it's great you can make the changes it is just that the likenesses are really that poor you are looking at full squad revamps across the board not just tweaks here and there, and that will take many, many hours although i will myself be having a crack at my own team at least... and thanks for the offer, the more contributions there are the better the game will be  Smile

Most if not all of them were created quite well in RLL3, so it seems a shame to have to re-invent the wheel again....
(07-25-2017, 06:36 PM)SOR Wrote: Geez mate, BigAnt can do no wrong in your eyes, can they?

It's laziness.

As far as I'm aware... the players in the Super League own their own licenses / rights and therefore Big Ant / Tru Blu would have to work with individual players and not clubs when it comes to licensing... I could be wrong though. So my opinion has nothing to do with whether Big Ant can do wrong... and a lot to do with what getting all the Super League players scanned would take.

IF my information on this subject is wrong, I'd be the first to question why Super League wasn't done. If you'd like to point me to proof that Big Ant didn't have the funds or didn't have the desire to scan the ESL players.. I might change my mind though. Smile
(07-25-2017, 06:47 PM)Itchy Hram Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 06:45 PM)BigMoz Wrote: i agree it's great you can make the changes it is just that the likenesses are really that poor you are looking at full squad revamps across the board not just tweaks here and there, and that will take many, many hours although i will myself be having a crack at my own team at least... and thanks for the offer, the more contributions there are the better the game will be  Smile

Most if not all of them were created quite well in RLL3, so it seems a shame to have to re-invent the wheel again....

It would be good for them to carry over.. but I'm guessing a few things have changed with the skins / models that means this isn't an option.

While I'd like them to get the FanHub to a level where all games could use the same tools... I'm all for them improving the Hub till it's maxed out. Smile