Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to get excited
Been watching gameplay and trying to get excited for this week's release but can anyone honestly tell me what is better on this version and why I should invest money in it. From what I have seen apart from a few different controls and intuitive options there is no hook or excitement to be seen. I want to buy this game l love my footy. Someone convince me.
1. It is the best rugby league game to date.

2. The significantly different and better gameplay can only be properly understood by playing 

3. New features are new features, and they are good, tactics and forsight etc are great 

4. Its visually appealing, best looking ever 

5. Logo creator, stadium creator, game rules editor, jersey editor, you can make any comp, any team, anywhere, you're a league fan aren't you? 

Some points, but by all means, dont buy the game, what do we care, you'd be the one going without  Tongue
Thanks mate good points. How is the game play significantly better? Could you elaborate. Not sure why you were getting a little offensive in the end of reply was just looking for a reason to purchase. Wasn't having a go at  anyone or anything. It was just the videos I have seen looked incredibly similar to last version. Happy to hear that it isn't.
being a UK buyer i will have to wait to the end of the week to get my hands on the game and give a true opinion, but watching the various youtube vids of the game i have to say it looks light years ahead of RLL3 for me. Yes there are a few things that could do with patching if possible, and i'm sure BA will do all they can to iron out issues but i'm still super excited to get my career going, i can see many months of fun on this with all the extra FanHub editor things we have now... roll on Friday  Tongue
(07-24-2017, 10:30 PM)reeko 2507 Wrote: Thanks mate good points. How is the game play significantly better? Could you elaborate. Not sure why you were getting a little offensive in the end of reply was just looking for a reason to purchase. Wasn't having a go at  anyone or anything. It was just the videos I have seen looked incredibly similar to last version. Happy to hear that it isn't.

I used the 'silly' face in lieu of tone, to no avail - no offense intended

Gameplay wise, noticeable improvement to ai, momentum has been corrected, forwards are impactful and so you can have an 'arm wrestle', tactics whether you set up or simple use the lines along with new passing allows more creative play 

In short play like previous titles i.e hot potato pass, zig zag etc and you'll be absolutley pumbled, you'll never get out of your own 50

Plays alot more like league, hopeful patch addresses fullback position in attack but regardless, play this game, it is very different, and very much better and give it time when you do pick it up
What can you edit with the game rules editor? I didn't know this was a thing
(07-24-2017, 10:53 PM)secondsolution Wrote: What can you edit with the game rules editor? I didn't know this was a thing

How many tackles, interchanges,on/off for 0 tackle sets 20m taps, how many points a try, field goal or penalty, bonus try and how many points + more but im in bed atm and can't remember do note that number options are finite eg tackles is max 8
(07-24-2017, 10:53 PM)davies11 Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 10:30 PM)reeko 2507 Wrote: Thanks mate good points. How is the game play significantly better? Could you elaborate. Not sure why you were getting a little offensive in the end of reply was just looking for a reason to purchase. Wasn't having a go at  anyone or anything. It was just the videos I have seen looked incredibly similar to last version. Happy to hear that it isn't.

Gameplay wise, noticeable improvement to ai, momentum has been corrected, forwards are impactful and so you can have an 'arm wrestle', tactics whether you set up or simple use the lines along with new passing allows more creative play 

In short play like previous titles i.e hot potato pass, zig zag etc and you'll be absolutley pumbled, you'll never get out of your own 50

Plays alot more like league, hopeful patch addresses fullback position in attack but regardless, play this game, it is very different, and very much better and give it time when you do pick it up

Cool thanks mate. You have convinced me am looking for more of a SIM. Sounds good. Didn't see emoji. All good. One I do have is can you invite a friend to play against remotely in competition?
(07-24-2017, 11:02 PM)reeko 2507 Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 10:53 PM)davies11 Wrote:

Cool thanks mate. You have convinced me am looking for more of a SIM. Sounds good. Didn't see emoji. All good. One I do have is can you invite a friend to play against remotely in competition?

That I don't know sorry
I read the manual today and even from just I can see the potential.